Unlimited Retakes? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
hushpuppy

New

Re: Unlimited Retakes?

Post by hushpuppy » Fri May 19, 2017 10:48 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
sanzgo wrote:i'd expect this to make things ever so slightly more splitter-unfriendly.

i don't know what the hell lsac is thinking but i don't like the looks of this.

they (and schools like harvard) should be making it harder for people to go to LS, not easier. too bad all they care about $$$
cross post from September study group
Initial response to the abolishment of the 3x takes is that it is splitter death. I disagree. It isn't like June and September are going to have a massive influx of only 180ers hell not even 170ers, it'll probably remain the same because test takers are only marginally different year to year; and we are still at one of the lowest applicant number ever and Harvard's medians dropped as well as Stanford. Dropping medians are a thing and we all need to look at this as a good thing.

The SAT are taken unlimited times and top scores still remain about the same. I think a 174+ and especially a 177+ will hold their value
Why do you think the medians have dropped? Curious.

34iplaw

Gold

Post by 34iplaw » Sat May 20, 2017 12:07 am

hushpuppy wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
sanzgo wrote:i'd expect this to make things ever so slightly more splitter-unfriendly.

they (and schools like harvard) should be making it harder for people to go to LS, not easier. too bad all they care about $$$
Initial response to the abolishment of the 3x takes is that it is splitter death. I disagree. It isn't like June and September are going to have a massive influx of only 180ers hell not even 170ers, it'll probably remain the same because test takers are only marginally different year to year; and we are still at one of the lowest applicant number ever and Harvard's medians dropped as well as Stanford. Dropping medians are a thing and we all need to look at this as a good thing.

The SAT are taken unlimited times and top scores still remain about the same. I think a 174+ and especially a 177+ will hold their value
Less people taking the test. 170+ is now down to something like 2,700 people I think? 173+ is like 1,000? Harvard alone takes close to 600 of these people (maybe 550... I'm not sure how many sub 170s get into H, but it is not many.)

hushpuppy

New

Post by hushpuppy » Sat May 20, 2017 1:04 am

34iplaw wrote:
hushpuppy wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

Less people taking the test. 170+ is now down to something like 2,700 people I think? 173+ is like 1,000? Harvard alone takes close to 600 of these people (maybe 550... I'm not sure how many sub 170s get into H, but it is not many.)
Really! I guess I didn't know so few people got those high numbers ... and I didn't know the numbers were falling. I'm learning so much from all of you, and it's only been five days!

Platopus

Gold

Post by Platopus » Sat May 20, 2017 7:28 pm

hushpuppy wrote:
Really! I guess I didn't know so few people got those high numbers ... and I didn't know the numbers were falling. I'm learning so much from all of you, and it's only been five days!
110-120K people take the test each year, so 170 being top 2.5% is like 2,500 or whatever.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”