June or september Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
lawschoolgirl312

Bronze

June or september

Post by lawschoolgirl312 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:12 pm

Hi,

I plan on taking the june test but this will be my third and final take. I got a 163 and a 160 on my first and second take, respectively...and I am Pt-ing around 168-171. My anxiety got the best of me on my second take...but now, I'm not sure if I should take the June or September one. I would like to take the June one so I can get this test over with since I have been studying for about 1 year now for this. But I just don't know if I'm also even going to improve by September. I miss -2-4 per LR section, -0 on LG, and -5-8 on RC.

any advice would be great!

YBF-W

New

Re: June or september

Post by YBF-W » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:31 pm

lawschoolgirl312 wrote:Hi,

I plan on taking the june test but this will be my third and final take. I got a 163 and a 160 on my first and second take, respectively...and I am Pt-ing around 168-171. My anxiety got the best of me on my second take...but now, I'm not sure if I should take the June or September one. I would like to take the June one so I can get this test over with since I have been studying for about 1 year now for this. But I just don't know if I'm also even going to improve by September. I miss -2-4 per LR section, -0 on LG, and -5-8 on RC.

any advice would be great!
You're PTing a lot higher than your first two takes and 7 weeks is enough time to see even more improvement. Unless your goals like a 175+, you should be very fine for June with motivation and disciplined practice.

lawschoolgirl312

Bronze

Post by lawschoolgirl312 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:50 pm

Thanks for your response!

The thing is... I was PT-ing around this same level 6 months ago when I took my second time. While I would like to say I really did psych myself out on the test, I can't tell if that is just an excuse to make myself feel better or not. So now I'm just uncertain about my abilities

Barry grandpapy

Bronze

Post by Barry grandpapy » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:55 pm

Last edited by Barry grandpapy on Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Platopus

Gold

Post by Platopus » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:33 pm

grandpapy360 wrote:
lawschoolgirl312 wrote:Thanks for your response!

The thing is... I was PT-ing around this same level 6 months ago when I took my second time. While I would like to say I really did psych myself out on the test, I can't tell if that is just an excuse to make myself feel better or not. So now I'm just uncertain about my abilities
This might sound weird, but take a PT in a really loud coffee shop. If you can score a 168 under strict timing conditions with loud background music, the barista shouting orders, and a bunch of high school kids talking about the meaning of life, then I think you'll be fine.
I agree with the above. Try taking some PT's in unusual conditions and subject yourself to absolutely strict standards.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”