Struggling with LG/ Thinking of switching to 7Sage? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
jciigoe30

New

Struggling with LG/ Thinking of switching to 7Sage?

Post by jciigoe30 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:36 pm

I have been reading through the Powerscore LG Bible and am really struggling to make the necessary inferences. I was thinking of switching over to 7Sage as I have premium access to those videos as well. Has anyone had any experience with this? Would this be an advisable move?

Thank you!

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Re: Struggling with LG/ Thinking of switching to 7Sage?

Post by Barack O'Drama » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:53 pm

I definitely think 7sage helped me most with logic games and would recommend it. The LG Bible is what I read first and taught me a some of the foundational language and diagramming. However, I still sucked after going through it. Watching the lessons and the video explanations on 7sage helped me get much better.
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jciigoe30

New

Post by jciigoe30 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:10 pm

Barack O'Drama wrote:I definitely think 7sage helped me most with logic games and would recommend it. The LG Bible is what I read first and taught me a some of the foundational language and diagramming. However, I still sucked after going through it. Watching the lessons and the video explanations on 7sage helped me get much better.
Thank you! I appreciate it

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:31 pm

7sage is the way to go for LG

jciigoe30

New

Post by jciigoe30 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:41 pm

Would you guys advise still reading the LG Bible? If not, I'm going to just swap it out for strictly 7Sage material for LG.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:46 pm

jciigoe30 wrote:Would you guys advise still reading the LG Bible? If not, I'm going to just swap it out for strictly 7Sage material for LG.
I've never used the LG bible. But personally, 7sage was sufficient enough for me for LG

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Post by Barack O'Drama » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:02 pm

jciigoe30 wrote:Would you guys advise still reading the LG Bible? If not, I'm going to just swap it out for strictly 7Sage material for LG.
I'd just go with 7Sage. Personally, I wish I had started with 7Sage to begin with. That and the Manhattan LR/LSAT Trainer ...
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Post by MediocreAtBest » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:01 pm

I use the LG Bible and I watch 7sage videos for a lot of the games I do, and that works for me. With that being said, I've consistently heard that 7sage is the go-to for LG, never heard any bad things about it. So if the LG bible isn't working for you, hit 7sage. Use the bible as you see fit.

jciigoe30

New

Post by jciigoe30 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:24 pm

For those of you who have used the Powerscore Bible, how long did it take you to catch on? I'm about a third of the way through and am still struggling with linear games.
Any thoughts?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Post by MediocreAtBest » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:21 am

jciigoe30 wrote:For those of you who have used the Powerscore Bible, how long did it take you to catch on? I'm about a third of the way through and am still struggling with linear games.
Any thoughts?
Not too long, I had linear games down pretty much immediately, and that's pretty much your base. What else are you doing? Are you drilling? Just going through the LG Bible probably isn't enough to get you to -0.

jciigoe30

New

Post by jciigoe30 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:48 am

MediocreAtBest wrote:
jciigoe30 wrote:For those of you who have used the Powerscore Bible, how long did it take you to catch on? I'm about a third of the way through and am still struggling with linear games.
Any thoughts?
Not too long, I had linear games down pretty much immediately, and that's pretty much your base. What else are you doing? Are you drilling? Just going through the LG Bible probably isn't enough to get you to -0.
I'm going through the LG Bible right now and doing all of the drills that are in the book. I was thinking that once I got through that, I would go to 7Sage if I still wasn't getting it. However, I don't want to read through the whole LG Bible if it's not going to help me get the hang of it.

Purple Ranger

New

Post by Purple Ranger » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:58 am

jciigoe30 wrote:
MediocreAtBest wrote:
Any thoughts?
I'm going through the LG Bible right now and doing all of the drills that are in the book. I was thinking that once I got through that, I would go to 7Sage if I still wasn't getting it. However, I don't want to read through the whole LG Bible if it's not going to help me get the hang of it.
I started off with my diagnostic only getting maybe 10-13 questions right. I read through the whole Powerscore LG bible and then supplemented that with drilling and using 7sage free youtube video explanations and now I'm consistently -0 to -3.

jciigoe30

New

Post by jciigoe30 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:09 pm

Purple Ranger wrote:
jciigoe30 wrote:
MediocreAtBest wrote:
Any thoughts?
I started off with my diagnostic only getting maybe 10-13 questions right. I read through the whole Powerscore LG bible and then supplemented that with drilling and using 7sage free youtube video explanations and now I'm consistently -0 to -3.
Did you see improvement as you did the LG Bible? I am seeing minimal improvement and am wondering if it's worth switching methods.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Purple Ranger

New

Post by Purple Ranger » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:31 pm

I started off with my diagnostic only getting maybe 10-13 questions right. I read through the whole Powerscore LG bible and then supplemented that with drilling and using 7sage free youtube video explanations and now I'm consistently -0 to -3.[/quote]

Did you see improvement as you did the LG Bible? I am seeing minimal improvement and am wondering if it's worth switching methods.[/quote]

Yes, but you really have to do all the drills and dedicate yourself to the methods. Don't start off doing them timed. Once you start getting all questions right work on timing and learning more time efficient methods. The Powerscore bible is to teach you the basics.

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Post by Barack O'Drama » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:42 pm

jciigoe30 wrote:
Purple Ranger wrote:
jciigoe30 wrote:
MediocreAtBest wrote:
Any thoughts?
Did you see improvement as you did the LG Bible? I am seeing minimal improvement and am wondering if it's worth switching methods.
I had a similar issue with the LG Bible. For some reason, it wasn't until I was how to do logic games on video, in real time, that I finally caught on. I used to suck miserably at games (I think I missed ~17/23 on my diagnostic) If you don't think the Bible is helping, I would just switch over to 7Sage. When I started 7Sage I had to re-learn how to diagram which also helped because I think JY's notation/diagramming strategy is simpler and more intuitive than LG Bible's.

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Post by MediocreAtBest » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:44 pm

jciigoe30 wrote:
MediocreAtBest wrote:
Any thoughts?
You should do more. Drill a lot of the earlier games in addition to what's in the Bible. Practice makes perfect. Watch 7sage videos for games that you don't understand 100%. The Bible isn't enough, it'll lay the foundation for you but you need to do more to get to the next level.

tanes25

New

Post by tanes25 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:14 am

jciigoe30 wrote:
Purple Ranger wrote:
jciigoe30 wrote:
MediocreAtBest wrote:
Any thoughts?
What issues are you having with LG? Is it the logic or is it just diagramming? If you're not 100% confident with the logic that will kill you because chances are you diagrams won't be correct. Can you point out exactly what you're having trouble with? 7Sage is definitely the way to go with LG but JY says over and over several times in the video that if you're not confident with logic you shouldn't be attempting the games.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

jciigoe30

New

Post by jciigoe30 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:38 am

tanes25 wrote:
jciigoe30 wrote:
Purple Ranger wrote:
jciigoe30 wrote:
MediocreAtBest wrote:
Any thoughts?
What issues are you having with LG? Is it the logic or is it just diagramming? If you're not 100% confident with the logic that will kill you because chances are you diagrams won't be correct. Can you point out exactly what you're having trouble with? 7Sage is definitely the way to go with LG but JY says over and over several times in the video that if you're not confident with logic you shouldn't be attempting the games.
I am generally struggling with making the inferences that the questions require. For example, I am struggling with the Could be True questions and often find myself diagraming each potential possibility for each of the answer choices.

tanes25

New

Post by tanes25 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:31 am

jciigoe30 wrote:
tanes25 wrote:
jciigoe30 wrote:
Purple Ranger wrote:
jciigoe30 wrote:
MediocreAtBest wrote:
Any thoughts?
I am generally struggling with making the inferences that the questions require. For example, I am struggling with the Could be True questions and often find myself diagraming each potential possibility for each of the answer choices.
CBT questions aren't necessarily inferences though. They're just different worlds. Sometimes your initial game board(s) or boards from previous questions will help you answer these questions easily and other times you just have to brute force your way through. I would try the game the PS way and then watch the 7Sage video and compare the two. All LG games are free. You can view them on the 7Sage site or you can view them on Youtube. JY definitely makes inferences and encourages it whenever possible. If there's an inference he will point it out in the video. Maybe watching his videos will help you with making inferences. Also repetition will help with the inferences. Repeat a game 5-10 times until you have committed the inferences in the game to memory because you'll see them again and it'll be easier for you to make those same inferences the next go around.

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Post by MediocreAtBest » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:49 am

jciigoe30 wrote:
For could be true, if I haven't already figured it out in a previous question, what I do is I look through the answers and see the ones that seem like they might be right. If one of the answers for "what could fit in slot 1" is X, and I know X comes before Y and Z, I'll probably check that one first instead of going down the list one by one. It usually works out pretty well if you have a solid grasp on the game at hand.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”