Third LSAT retake, gunning for 175+, redo more recent PTs or fresh older ones? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Economyclass

New

Third LSAT retake, gunning for 175+, redo more recent PTs or fresh older ones?

Post by Economyclass » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:41 am

So I took the LSAT in Dec 2016 (168), and Feb 2017 (Cancel b/c I messed on on one LG section) and have registered for the June LSAT. This is my last shot as you can't take the test more than 3 times in a two year window. Except for PT 30-40, which I have never done, I have done everything else (1-30, 41-80) twice now. My current plan is to redo PT 51-80 in the next month and half and take the test in June but I've run into a dilemma here.

So because its my third time doing these more recent PTs I still remember some of the mistakes that I've made, especially in LR, and so have been able to avoid them. As a result, I'm only getting -1 to -2 on my PTs, but I'm worried that this is not an accurate reflection of what my true capabilities are as it is after all the third time in the past 6 months that I have taken them.

The alternative is to PT using 30-40, which I haven't looked at, but judging from previous experience, I felt that the earlier PTs were different/easier than the more recent ones and thats a huge reason I was thrown off track for the Feb LSAT.

Would appreciate any thoughts!

[attachment=][/attachment]

lakers180

Bronze

Re: Third LSAT retake, gunning for 175+, redo more recent PTs or fresh older ones?

Post by lakers180 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:45 am

you could try switching back and forth, that way you work on the newer materials but get some fresh content as well, so just do ten less of the newer one's

carsondalywashere

Silver

Re: Third LSAT retake, gunning for 175+, redo more recent PTs or fresh older ones?

Post by carsondalywashere » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:13 am

Do both of them.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:56 am

Yeah do both.

When you say you cancelled feb, do you mean you messed up bubbling for the LG section or a game?

34iplaw

Gold

Post by 34iplaw » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:02 am

Please delay to September if you aren't feeling ready.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

saf18hornet

Bronze

Post by saf18hornet » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:07 am

And please never cancel a test, ever.

frenchlavender

New

Post by frenchlavender » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:15 pm

saf18hornet wrote:And please never cancel a test, ever.
Just wondering, why should you never cancel a test?

InsightLSAT

New

Post by InsightLSAT » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:59 am

frenchlavender wrote:
saf18hornet wrote:And please never cancel a test, ever.
Just wondering, why should you never cancel a test?
Never isn't precise. If you have a nervous breakdown and skip half a section, or you realize your bubbling was completely wrong, of course you want to cancel.

More precisely, the issue is that you should be aware that it's common to feel nervous after taking the test, and that may lead you to believe that you did far more poorly than you did. I shot 200 free throws on a basketball court the night after I took my test, one after another just thinking about how poorly I did and considering whether or not I should cancel my score. I knew I bombed it - the feeling was so sure. A few weeks later got back my score: 179.
The mind is a wonderful servant but a terrible master.
- Proverb

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”