Advice for using both 7Sage and The LSAT Trainer? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
namhoa

New

Advice for using both 7Sage and The LSAT Trainer?

Post by namhoa » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:15 pm

What's the best way to prepare using a combination of 7Sage and the LSAT Trainer? I'm about half way through 7Sage's core curriculum, but I'm pretty disappointed/frustrated with the LR explanations. I've heard others recommend using the LSAT Trainer to make up for where 7Sage lacks in LR and RC.

What's the best way to combine both of these programs? Should I just complete 7Sage in its entirety first and then move on to the Trainer? Or should I make the Trainer my primary program (and follow one of their study plans) and use 7Sage for logic games and PTs only?

Any advice is appreciated.

maybeman

Bronze

Re: Advice for using both 7Sage and The LSAT Trainer?

Post by maybeman » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:52 pm

I used 7Sage first, then the Trainer, and it worked really well for me. I agree that some of JY's explanations of LR questions aren't great. Most are, though. And if you're confused, then read the Manhattan forums. The Trainer won't help you with specific LR questions. Both resources teach by pretty similar methods. I would keep doing what you're doing. You could start the Trainer while doing 7Sage too if you have the time

34iplaw

Gold

Re: Advice for using both 7Sage and The LSAT Trainer?

Post by 34iplaw » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:06 pm

In addition to Manhattan forums, there is PowerScore, LSAT Hacks, and Velocity LSAT (if you prefer videos) for LR and RC. I would probably stick with 7Sage for LG. If it helps, you can find links to all those sites (when available) using 180pedia.com/every-lsat-practice-test . It may be a bit easier than going through the forums and allow you to find alternate explanations faster. Manhattan forums has significantly more free explanations than the others.

All that said, I think anyone aiming for a high score or already scoring high can benefit from looking at different methods. They are similar enough but may have slight discrepancies which you may find beneficial to incorporate or you can ignore them. I think the risks of learning multiple methods diminish as one becomes a more sophisticated test taker. Hopefully, that all made sense, as it may have been a bit jumbled... sort of worn out :(!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”