Order of operations Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
LastManStanding

New

Order of operations

Post by LastManStanding » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:04 pm

Hey all,

Just starting my LSAT journey. So far, the materials I have are the PowerScore Trilogy, SuperPrep II and PTs (52-80; though I will get more PTs later). Also reading through TLS articles and well known posts. I am aiming for Sept - first try.

I don't like the idea of taking a raw PT without any prep - so I'm starting with reading through SuperPrep II - though I'm not sure if this is a good strategy.

There's definitely a fair chance that I'm overthinking things, but I would appreciate some advice on the following order of my study plan:
1) Read SuperPrep, Read PS LG Bible, Take first PT, Read through PS LR and RC while simultaneously continue to take PTs (this is the one I'm leaning towards)
2) Read SuperPrep, Take First PT - Then read PS trilogy while simultaneously taking PTs
3) Stop being a pansy and take a raw PT without any prep, then SuperPrep, then PS trilogy and PT's simultaneously.
4) Read SuperPrep, then read PS Trilogy, Then start taking PTs.
5) Something else.

Thanks!

zkyggi

Bronze

Re: Order of operations

Post by zkyggi » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:18 pm

Take a PT. If you, for example, are lacking in RC, then you'd want to add dense reading into your prep schedule. Taking a PT without prep for LG might not help you all that much, sure, but it says a lot more about LR and RC than a lot of people beginning their prep would like to admit. Don't focus on finishing, really focus on getting as many correct in the 35 mins as you can. Guessing on an unprepared PT is obviously a waste, so allow yourself to leave half the questions blank if that is what you have to do. Your first studying assignment could be finishing the test untimed to get a better sense of your "potential."
Last edited by zkyggi on Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Post by Future Ex-Engineer » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:08 pm

As stated above, just take a timed cold PT. June 2007 is free and it's what most people will start with. Take it timed and just accept the results - don't worry if it's terrible, and don't celebrate too much if it's awesome. At least give yourself something to work with and an initial mark - that way you can really gauge what you should be doing, and how fast you're progressing.

LastManStanding

New

Post by LastManStanding » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:23 pm

Solid advice!

Thanks all - Will do a cold PT today.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”