Anyone who took or taking Testmaster's prep course? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
frenchlavender

New

Anyone who took or taking Testmaster's prep course?

Post by frenchlavender » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:47 pm

Hi fellow testmasters people,

I'm currently on my 4th meeting, I'm taking the classroom course thing. Other than doing the homework and attending the classes as a form of "studying", what else do you guys do? What's your weekly or daily study schedule like? :)

Dreadhead168

New

Re: Anyone who took or taking Testmaster's prep course?

Post by Dreadhead168 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:02 pm

frenchlavender wrote:Hi fellow testmasters people,

I'm currently on my 4th meeting, I'm taking the classroom course thing. Other than doing the homework and attending the classes as a form of "studying", what else do you guys do? What's your weekly or daily study schedule like? :)
I took a TM course last year. If you're finding time to finish all the assigned homework/reviewing all of the practice problems (while spending extra time reviewing the problems you got wrong) and still are looking for more studying to do, I'd recommend watching some of the videos that the website has. What Robin discusses in these videos will mostly be covered in your actual class, but I found that there were a few helpful points that were made in the videos that were not covered in class.

Also, eventually you will get access to the Flawed Methods of Reasoning database (it's called something like that), at which point I would try your best to get familiar with each of the flawed methods of reasoning.

Doing everything mentioned above took me a lot of time (and I wasn't working a job for those months), so don't overload yourself with much more. It's more important to keep your sanity and prevent burnout.

frenchlavender

New

Post by frenchlavender » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:11 pm

Dreadhead168 wrote:
frenchlavender wrote:Hi fellow testmasters people,

I took a TM course last year. If you're finding time to finish all the assigned homework/reviewing all of the practice problems (while spending extra time reviewing the problems you got wrong) and still are looking for more studying to do, I'd recommend watching some of the videos that the website has. What Robin discusses in these videos will mostly be covered in your actual class, but I found that there were a few helpful points that were made in the videos that were not covered in class.

Also, eventually you will get access to the Flawed Methods of Reasoning database (it's called something like that), at which point I would try your best to get familiar with each of the flawed methods of reasoning.

Doing everything mentioned above took me a lot of time (and I wasn't working a job for those months), so don't overload yourself with much more. It's more important to keep your sanity and prevent burnout.
Thanks for the recommendation! Saw that you got in a lot of great and top law schools, do you mind if I ask you what was your first diagnostic score and LSAT score? and how long did you study for the LSAT?

Dreadhead168

New

Post by Dreadhead168 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:28 pm

frenchlavender wrote:Thanks for the recommendation! Saw that you got in a lot of great and top law schools, do you mind if I ask you what was your first diagnostic score and LSAT score? and how long did you study for the LSAT?
Sent you a pm

SamuelJ.H

New

Post by SamuelJ.H » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:53 am

Hey OP, I had the same questions and was also curious about your cold diagnostic, prep time and final score and whether you had any additional advice for prep.

many many thanks

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”