Missed question log/what to ask while reviewing? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
ajpetey14

New

Missed question log/what to ask while reviewing?

Post by ajpetey14 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:00 pm

Hey guys,

what is the best way to set up a missed question log? What kind of questions do you ask during review? Any help for reviewing missed questions and practice tests would be appreciated!

Platopus

Gold

Re: Missed question log/what to ask while reviewing?

Post by Platopus » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:49 pm

You really only need to keep track of the type of question missed (strengthen, weaken, flaw, etc.) and where in the section you missed it. Notice patterns on which question types give you trouble, and if you miss certain questions in a particular spot in the section.

For review ask yourself the following:
-What is the question asking?
-What makes my answer choice incorrect? What makes all the other incorrect answers, incorrect?
-What makes the correct answer, correct?
-What are the underlying assumptions of the question/argument?
-What is the logical gap in the argument?
-What is the conclusion, what are the premises?
-Do any terms shift meaning? Which answers introduce any new, outside information.

Most importantly, focus on why you are choosing the answer you are choosing. You should have a very good, logical reason for choosing your answer. Honestly, you don't need to other think review, you just need to be able to explain why the correct answer is correct, and why your answer was incorrect, everything else simply helps you achieve that goal. Take your time, too. Review is where you learn, don't rush it. Take however much time you need to actually understand the question and its logical components, diagram if you have time (and it makes sense).

Walliums

Silver

Re: Missed question log/what to ask while reviewing?

Post by Walliums » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:54 am

ajpetey14 wrote:Hey guys,

what is the best way to set up a missed question log? What kind of questions do you ask during review? Any help for reviewing missed questions and practice tests would be appreciated!
For the log part you could get a free account with 7Sage and use their analytics tool. It's way less work on your part and the tool is very, very valuable.

For missed questions, depends on the section. For LR, after I have blind reviewed and found out the correct answer, I like to go through and put the argument into my own words, in my own words explain the gap in the reasoning, and then go through each answer choice and articulate why it is right or wrong. It has been really helpful, and I just do it in a word document.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”