Question regarding Mike Kim's Manhattan LR and LSAT Trainer Editions. Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
actionlogic

New

Question regarding Mike Kim's Manhattan LR and LSAT Trainer Editions.

Post by actionlogic » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:01 pm

Hi guys and gals,
long time lurker, first time poster,

Very soon I will begin studying for the September 2017 LSAT. I will be following Mike's 16 week guide. The resource materials I will be using to study from will be the LSAT Trainer, the Manhattan LR book, and 7sage.

However, I have a question regarding both books:

First, I have the 2014 LSAT Trainer, and noticed that a 2017 edition has just been released; any reason as to why I should pick up the 17' edition of the LSAT Trainer? (Is the 2014 edition outdated in anyway?)

Secondly, I have the 2014 Manhattan LR book, which got me thinking about two things: I realized that Mike was with Manhattan up until 2012, and was wondering if his departure significantly altered the structure of the Manhattan LR guides post-2012? Furthermore, if the Manhattan LR structure was not altered, would there be any reason as to why I should pick up the 17' edition of the Manhattan LR book? (Is the 2014 edition outdated in any way?)

Best.
Last edited by actionlogic on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CottonHarvest

Bronze

Re: Question regarding Mike Kim's Manhattan LR and LSAT Trainer Editions.

Post by CottonHarvest » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:15 pm

Two things:
First-plan on taking the Sept 2017 LSAT
Second-LSAT Trainer and MLSAT books from 2014 are still relevant and still contain all of the information you need to do well

actionlogic

New

Re: Question regarding Mike Kim's Manhattan LR and LSAT Trainer Editions.

Post by actionlogic » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:06 pm

CottonHarvest wrote:Two things:
First-plan on taking the Sept 2017 LSAT
Second-LSAT Trainer and MLSAT books from 2014 are still relevant and still contain all of the information you need to do well
My mistake on the LSAT date, it has been corrected. Thanks for the input on the books, I would really not want to buy new ones.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”