Logic Games Types Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
luckyirish13

Bronze

Logic Games Types

Post by luckyirish13 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:18 am

What are each of the different types of logic games? I want to learn how to correctly identify each type of logic game and the type of diagram I will need to draw in order to beat it.

beforethelaw

New

Re: Logic Games Types

Post by beforethelaw » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:09 am

luckyirish13 wrote:What are each of the different types of logic games? I want to learn how to correctly identify each type of logic game and the type of diagram I will need to draw in order to beat it.
Get the 7sage basic package. It is worth it for the logic games diagramming lessons alone.

galeatus

Silver

Post by galeatus » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:40 am

beforethelaw wrote:
luckyirish13 wrote:What are each of the different types of logic games? I want to learn how to correctly identify each type of logic game and the type of diagram I will need to draw in order to beat it.
Get the 7sage basic package. It is worth it for the logic games diagramming lessons alone.
Get that and/or the Manhattan LG Bible. Approaching the games systematically according to a guidebook/program really pays off.

luckyirish13

Bronze

Post by luckyirish13 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:07 am

I have the Princeton Review books, and they're useful, when I finish with them I'll go for the others you guys mentioned.

I was just wondering if someone had a summary of what the game types are and how to approach them, since my mind works best when I get the big picture, and then I can pursue the details and my mind will know what it's looking for.

twiix

Silver

Post by twiix » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:20 am

Sequencing Games, Grouping Games, In/Out Games.

I guess it depends on which study company you are using though.. because I've definitely seen them referred to as "Grouping, Ordering, Matching" as well.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

beforethelaw

New

Post by beforethelaw » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:26 am

luckyirish13 wrote:I have the Princeton Review books, and they're useful, when I finish with them I'll go for the others you guys mentioned.

I was just wondering if someone had a summary of what the game types are and how to approach them, since my mind works best when I get the big picture, and then I can pursue the details and my mind will know what it's looking for.
Different guides may break them down in differemt ways. And any good guide will tell you all the different types, so I am a little unsure why you need to get answers here in this forum.

But off the top of my head you've got grouping games and sequencing games. Then there are some hybrid grouping-sequencing games. There are subsets too, like grouping games with a chart, or double-layer sequencing games. I consider in-out games a subset of geouping but some might think of them as a unique kind of game. Then there's weird ones like circle games, or transfer games (like the computer virus game that was on a recent lsat).

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:44 am

People like the PS LG bible, never used it but heard good things about it.

7sage is great for games. I have a paid package but honestly, you can learn the different game types by just doing them and watching the free YouTube videos, that's what I did before getting a paid package.

If you want a precise source that distinguishes them though, the 7sage curriculum does a good job of doing that.

dbalkaran

Silver

Post by dbalkaran » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:50 am

The Princeton Review method and the Kaplan method are not really that great IMO.

The Logic Games Bible is supposedly very good and as others have mentioned 7Sage is great. If you want to see how he's doing the problems before you put down any money he has hundreds of videos posted on YouTube that demonstrate how to solve logic games. I went from averaging a 157 on practice tests to averaging around 162 just because of using his free videos. Had I not already paid for Kaplan I would have paid for his course.

McMooch

New

Post by McMooch » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:44 pm

TWiiX wrote:Sequencing Games, Grouping Games, In/Out Games.

I guess it depends on which study company you are using though.. because I've definitely seen them referred to as "Grouping, Ordering, Matching" as well.
Don't forget the Ungroupable games. There are some games which can't be classified and just need a systematic mind and daring pen.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”