Ohio Test Sites Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
CottonHarvest

Bronze

Ohio Test Sites

Post by CottonHarvest » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:37 pm

I am in eastern Ohio and was wondering if anyone had any experience with tests sites in Ohio. I have heard that Ohio State is not good in Sept if the buckeyes play at home that day and was wondering if anyone could tak about there experiences at Ohio sites

lemonlacroix

New

Re: Ohio Test Sites

Post by lemonlacroix » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:37 pm

If you live in Eastern Ohio, is OSU the closest test site to you? Are you Northeast? Akron and Cleveland have test sites, maybe even Canton.

twiix

Silver

Post by twiix » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:31 am

CottonHarvest wrote:I have heard that Ohio State is not good in Sept if the buckeyes play at home that day
Never thought of that. Looking at the schedule, they are in fact home. Where did you read that it wasn't a good center on game day? Is it because of traffic? Or because of the atmosphere? If it was traffic I think getting down there at roughly 7-8am wouldn't really be an issue since traffic doesn't pick up until 10-11.

I'm in Columbus so I need to figure this out as well.

CottonHarvest

Bronze

Post by CottonHarvest » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:54 pm

TWiiX wrote:
CottonHarvest wrote:I have heard that Ohio State is not good in Sept if the buckeyes play at home that day
Never thought of that. Looking at the schedule, they are in fact home. Where did you read that it wasn't a good center on game day? Is it because of traffic? Or because of the atmosphere? If it was traffic I think getting down there at roughly 7-8am wouldn't really be an issue since traffic doesn't pick up until 10-11.

I don't know if it's true, so I was asking. I think I read it on here over a year ago, but I'm not sure.

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver

Post by Anon.y.mousse. » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:58 pm

TWiiX wrote:

The September test date hasn't been set yet according to LSAC's website. I would be very surprised if LSAC made OSU a testing center during a home football game although apparently it's been done before (?). When I took it at OSU last fall it was not a football weekend and it wasn't an issue.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

twiix

Silver

Post by twiix » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:04 pm

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=126090

I found this post. Seems like the staff can be edgy and the desks are cramped. I think I'll have to make a trip and see for myself in the next few weeks before deciding. I'm almost inclined to go take it where I finished my undergraduate just because I know the area so well and because I believe the desk situation should be rather favorable (despite the 2 hour drive). Decisions, deceisions.

CottonHarvest

Bronze

Post by CottonHarvest » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:17 pm

The only places within an hour of me are Ohio State and Akron

lemonlacroix

New

Post by lemonlacroix » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:04 pm

CottonHarvest wrote:The only places within an hour of me are Ohio State and Akron

A little different, but I took the SAT/ACT at Akron and it was great. Easy parking, big desks, well organized.

Nonconsecutive

Gold

Post by Nonconsecutive » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:15 pm

TWiiX wrote:

I have no experience with Ohio State's center, but I did take the test at another Big Ten school during game day and there was tons of noise outside. I'd just be wary of how close the center is to the stadium at Ohio State. In my case it was really close. Fortunately I'd done a lot of prep in noisy areas, but it was clearly pissing some people in the room off - and their constant heavy sighing ended up being more annoying than the exterior revelry. :lol:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”