Is two months enough? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
SDAW2012

New

Is two months enough?

Post by SDAW2012 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:28 pm

I tried the self-study route to save some money but I haven't seen any improvement over the past four months. I'm planning on taking the June LSAT and I think I might enroll in the PowerScore course that begins in mid April and ends a couple days before the test. Has anybody done this two-month program or one similar to it? I'm wondering if two months is adequate time to prepare.

maybeman

Bronze

Re: Is two months enough?

Post by maybeman » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:45 pm

Unless you're already in the upper 170s, in which case there's no point to take a class, then you're self-studying incorrectly. Read some of the guides on here, check out 7Sage, or buy The LSAT Trainer

Justtrying2help

Bronze

Post by Justtrying2help » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:57 pm

do 7sage

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Post by MediocreAtBest » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:59 pm

Why not push it to September? Take the class, and if it helps you, use the extra couple months to sort of build on what you learned. Don't want to sell yourself short, you know.

Platopus

Gold

Post by Platopus » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:35 pm

MediocreAtBest wrote:Why not push it to September? Take the class, and if it helps you, use the extra couple months to sort of build on what you learned. Don't want to sell yourself short, you know.
This, I wouldn't try to rush yourself. If you feel ready, then sure, take it in June. But I would probably play it safe and wait until September if you are concerned about time

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

JBird

New

Post by JBird » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:01 pm

The prep courses are based around the test dates. I'm sure they know what they're doing. I'm thinking about doing the PowerScore course too. I like their books, and you said you did some self study...so it's not like we're brand new to this.

Blueprint Brett

New

Post by Blueprint Brett » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:09 pm

I am always of the opinion that waiting until you're ready is the best option. People get overexcited about getting the test over with and they end up taking it when they know they aren't ready. You can definitely wait until September and still apply to enter law school next year without any difficulty. You could really even wait until December if you needed to. As someone who knowingly took the test when I knew I wasn't doing the best I could do and then regretted it later, I highly recommend trusting your gut, taking your tame, and waiting to take the test until you know you can be confident in your score.

twiix

Silver

Post by twiix » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:40 am

Blueprint Brett wrote:I am always of the opinion that waiting until you're ready is the best option. People get overexcited about getting the test over with and they end up taking it when they know they aren't ready. You can definitely wait until September and still apply to enter law school next year without any difficulty. You could really even wait until December if you needed to. As someone who knowingly took the test when I knew I wasn't doing the best I could do and then regretted it later, I highly recommend trusting your gut, taking your tame, and waiting to take the test until you know you can be confident in your score.
+1. Don't use a date of the exam as your time frame, use performance indicators. Say "I'll take the exam when I am PTing at X. X is +3/+4 above Y, which is my ideal score so that I can get into schools A,B,C." That way you don't go into a test unprepared and bomb it. It'll save you a TON of stress, which goes a long way.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”