The Official September 2017 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Are you ready for tomorrow?!?!?!

FUCK YES
40%
Yeah, kind of
16%
Ehh, hoping for the best
14%
Not prepared but screw it
6%
HAHAHA I'M NOT EVEN TAKING THE LSAT, SUCKS FOR YOU GUYS
24%

Total votes: 50

dj9i27

Gold

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Post by dj9i27 » Tue May 23, 2017 11:37 pm

Alexandros wrote:Discovered tofurkey and I'm having "chicken" fajitas for the first time in forever. This is heavenly.
u breakin vegetarian? or is it the tofu that is a meat substitute and i misread

oopsu812

Silver

Post by oopsu812 » Tue May 23, 2017 11:38 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Discovered tofurkey and I'm having "chicken" fajitas for the first time in forever. This is heavenly.
Tofu is a meat substitute, ya.

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Tue May 23, 2017 11:40 pm

Last edited by Alexandros on Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dj9i27

Gold

Post by dj9i27 » Tue May 23, 2017 11:42 pm

Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Fake meat but idgaf, close enough.

I'm breaking vegetarian right and left these days tho.
its cool tho if you cheat. Arian Foster said he's vegan but when he wants meat if he wants it, he will eat it like once or twice a year.

Speaking of vegan, tomorrow is my vegan day for the week and I'm going to piss my downstairs neighbors off with my blender at 4:00... Then be hangry all day eating bread at work.

oopsu812

Silver

Post by oopsu812 » Tue May 23, 2017 11:50 pm

Time to make myself tea and get ready for this all-nighter. DOOT DOOT.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Tue May 23, 2017 11:51 pm

Last edited by Alexandros on Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Tue May 23, 2017 11:52 pm

oopsu812

Silver

Post by oopsu812 » Tue May 23, 2017 11:55 pm

Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:Time to make myself tea and get ready for this all-nighter. DOOT DOOT.
Sammmeee.
Why the all-nighter?
I have a midterm tomorrow that I've yet to study for. :(

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Tue May 23, 2017 11:56 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Wed May 24, 2017 12:02 am

oopsu812

Silver

Post by oopsu812 » Wed May 24, 2017 2:57 am

Just realised I have no idea how far into the syllabus I need to study. Damn.

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Wed May 24, 2017 4:36 am

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Wed May 24, 2017 6:49 am

oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:Time to make myself tea and get ready for this all-nighter. DOOT DOOT.
Sammmeee.
Why the all-nighter?
a midterm? Are you taking a summer class?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ngogirl12

Silver

Post by ngogirl12 » Wed May 24, 2017 8:39 am

dj9i27 wrote:
You guys are lucky. I would be pure vegetarian/pescetarian if I didn't live at home. My family makes me eat meat :/. I just don't like meat: the taste of it.. very rarely do I enjoy it lol.. I think if I had it once in a blue moon I would be up for it, but I'm really not a fan.

meemaw

New

Post by meemaw » Wed May 24, 2017 10:32 am

Hello! First post... anyone started studying yet? I'm stuck in a small town for work this summer so I'll be studying while working full time.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Wed May 24, 2017 10:35 am

meemaw wrote:Hello! First post... anyone started studying yet? I'm stuck in a small town for work this summer so I'll be studying while working full time.
I started studying about a year and a half ago, so yes, I'd say I have started studying :mrgreen:

WELCOME!

meemaw

New

Post by meemaw » Wed May 24, 2017 10:39 am

Mikey wrote:
meemaw wrote:Hello! First post... anyone started studying yet? I'm stuck in a small town for work this summer so I'll be studying while working full time.
I started studying about a year and a half ago, so yes, I'd say I have started studying :mrgreen:

WELCOME!
Yeah haha I actually took my diag last summer while working but with heavy school load this year, I put it off until this summer again. I'm done with LG and LR bibles and working through RC now. LR is my worst section haha and grouping games are my weakness in LG, even worse than the random ones. RC is okay but still needs improvement. After RC bible I will take another PT to assess weaknesses...wbu?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Wed May 24, 2017 10:43 am

meemaw wrote:
Mikey wrote:

WELCOME!
Yeah haha I actually took my diag last summer while working but with heavy school load this year, I put it off until this summer again. I'm done with LG and LR bibles and working through RC now. LR is my worst section haha and grouping games are my weakness in LG, even worse than the random ones. RC is okay but still needs improvement. After RC bible I will take another PT to assess weaknesses...wbu?
nice. grouping games aren't that bad, some of them are pretty easy tbh, you just have to keep doing them. that's prob not what you want to hear, but it's how you get better at them! :mrgreen: what about grouping games stumps you?

me: LG is strongest, LR is good, RC sucks. haven't done much LSAT stuff recently because of school but in about 2 weeks I will start to PT again.

meemaw

New

Post by meemaw » Wed May 24, 2017 10:49 am

Mikey wrote:
meemaw wrote:
Mikey wrote:

WELCOME!
nice. grouping games aren't that bad, some of them are pretty easy tbh, you just have to keep doing them. that's prob not what you want to hear, but it's how you get better at them! :mrgreen: what about grouping games stumps you?

me: LG is strongest, LR is good, RC sucks. haven't done much LSAT stuff recently because of school but in about 2 weeks I will start to PT again.
Ehh I think its the set up. There are plenty that I can get right away but some the set up just isn't intuitive and I waste a ton of time struggling because I never laid a solid foundation. Just from the LG rechallenge section... there is the one with the linguist, historian, geologist and learning the languages... I re-read the explanation but overall I just need to have a better grasp on set up I think. Bright side though, my other games are typically under the 8:45 mark and also my best section on diag so I am still optimistic.

About to get the Kaplan LSAT Mastery and Timing Practice: Logical Reasoning book for additional help, any other suggestions for additional LR prep besides PT and Powerscore?

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Wed May 24, 2017 10:56 am

meemaw wrote: Ehh I think its the set up. There are plenty that I can get right away but some the set up just isn't intuitive and I waste a ton of time struggling because I never laid a solid foundation. Just from the LG rechallenge section... there is the one with the linguist, historian, geologist and learning the languages... I re-read the explanation but overall I just need to have a better grasp on set up I think. Bright side though, my other games are typically under the 8:45 mark and also my best section on diag so I am still optimistic.

About to get the Kaplan LSAT Mastery and Timing Practice: Logical Reasoning book for additional help, any other suggestions for additional LR prep besides PT and Powerscore?
I'd say you should skip the Kaplan book, and any other Kaplan LSAT book out there. Kaplan doesn't really have a good rep for the LSAT as they do for other standardized tests. I've heard great things about the Manhattan LSAT prep LR book though, and they are very respected on here. There is 7sage as well, which is what I used and it was amazing!

also, if you haven't looked at the free 7sage LG videos on youtube, definitely check them all out. they have free explanations for every logic game ever released! their paid packages are great though, I have one.

I had issues with grouping games about a year ago as well, but watching the free videos really helped me a ton and now LG is my best section!

oopsu812

Silver

Post by oopsu812 » Wed May 24, 2017 11:03 am

Mikey wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
Sammmeee.
Why the all-nighter?
I'm taking 6 pray for me

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Wed May 24, 2017 11:06 am

oopsu812 wrote:
Mikey wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
Sammmeee.
Why the all-nighter?
I'm taking 6 pray for me
wow..

I think my school's max is 4 classes in the summer.. you're a fucking champ..

oopsu812

Silver

Post by oopsu812 » Wed May 24, 2017 11:07 am

ngogirl12 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
You guys are lucky. I would be pure vegetarian/pescetarian if I didn't live at home. My family makes me eat meat :/. I just don't like meat: the taste of it.. very rarely do I enjoy it lol.. I think if I had it once in a blue moon I would be up for it, but I'm really not a fan.
I didnt like meat either. Only meat I liked was burgers, but black bean quinoa burgers are just as good.

oopsu812

Silver

Post by oopsu812 » Wed May 24, 2017 11:08 am

Mikey wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Mikey wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
Sammmeee.
Why the all-nighter?
I'm taking 6 pray for me
wow..

Our school splits the summer up into three 6-week chunks. So I have 4 of the 6 right now, and the other 2 later in the summer. So luckily it's only another couple of weeks of craziness until my summer is fairly free.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Wed May 24, 2017 11:10 am

oopsu812 wrote:
Mikey wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Mikey wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
Sammmeee.
Why the all-nighter?
I'm taking 6 pray for me
wow..

Our school splits the summer up into three 6-week chunks. So I have 4 of the 6 right now, and the other 2 later in the summer. So luckily it's only another couple of weeks of craziness until my summer is fairly free.
I think my school does something like that too, but I've only ever taken a summer class at the very beginning right when the spring semester ends that lasts like less than a month or something.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”