The Official September 2017 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Are you ready for tomorrow?!?!?!

FUCK YES
40%
Yeah, kind of
16%
Ehh, hoping for the best
14%
Not prepared but screw it
6%
HAHAHA I'M NOT EVEN TAKING THE LSAT, SUCKS FOR YOU GUYS
24%

Total votes: 50

chargers21

Gold

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Post by chargers21 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:02 pm

Degenerates... 8)

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:08 pm

chargers21 wrote:Degenerates... 8)
Na

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:21 pm

Mikey wrote:
Na
I think I might visit the city in a few weeks :D

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:52 pm

Mikey wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:
Mikey wrote:
caramelizedgod wrote:
Mikey wrote:
caramelizedgod wrote: What's everyone's favorite drink/liquor? Going out tonight but might want to divert from the basic Smirnoff Micky...
I forgot which one I tried but Smirnoff is way too damn sugary to enjoy. It's like 99% sugar lmao.

I'm a basic vodka and cranberry kinda guy
I meant just the normal smirnoff vodka micky, Ive tried some of the other ones but theyre eh. Yea vodka + cranberry or any juice really is what i do rn.
Yeah vodka and juice is TCR. I just recently (literally like two days ago) got into beer. I've always hated beer, like seriously hated it, but now I don't think it's that bad
I usually go for vodka-soda lime when I go out, but also love Scotch or Whiskey ---> Cigar and wine time to time too
I for some reason love smoking when I drink. I don't normally smoke, but when I drink I just like, love to lol. So I totally see where you're coming from with the cigar thing
yeah I agree with that. Sometimes its nice to just sit back, relax, and have a stogie w/ a drink

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:01 am

chargers21 wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Na
I think I might visit the city in a few weeks :D
Yes! Yes!

I'm gonna meet up with another TLSer soon who is visiting, it would be dope of you to join us!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anon-e-miss

Bronze

Post by Anon-e-miss » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:22 am

Any advice for 'principle' questions in LR? I may just need to go back to the LR Bible for these, but I answered two incorrectly on my last PT which prevented me from hitting my goal score :?

ETA: I received a refund for my MM Watch (minus a few dollars for shipping) yesterday too for anyone who may have been interested 8)
Last edited by Anon-e-miss on Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

twiix

Silver

Post by twiix » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:33 am

jagerbom79 wrote:
Mikey wrote:
caramelizedgod wrote:
Mikey wrote:
caramelizedgod wrote: What's everyone's favorite drink/liquor? Going out tonight but might want to divert from the basic Smirnoff Micky...
I forgot which one I tried but Smirnoff is way too damn sugary to enjoy. It's like 99% sugar lmao.

I meant just the normal smirnoff vodka micky, Ive tried some of the other ones but theyre eh. Yea vodka + cranberry or any juice really is what i do rn.
Yeah vodka and juice is TCR. I just recently (literally like two days ago) got into beer. I've always hated beer, like seriously hated it, but now I don't think it's that bad
I usually go for vodka-soda lime when I go out, but also love Scotch or Whiskey ---> Cigar and wine time to time too
Vodka-water is the only choice to consider if you're going to consider vodka in the first place. Hydrate and inebriate; 2 birds with 1 stone. Ask for that shit with a lemon and you're solid.

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:31 am

twiix wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:
Mikey wrote:
caramelizedgod wrote:
Mikey wrote:

Vodka-water is the only choice to consider if you're going to consider vodka in the first place. Hydrate and inebriate; 2 birds with 1 stone. Ask for that shit with a lemon and you're solid.
Yeah definitely. I alternate between water and soda. Just depends what im feeling atm

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:10 pm

Anybody have a list of the hardest, "must-know" odd/tricky/Curveball LG's? For example, like the virus game from PT 79..

Thanks

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

creed

Bronze

Post by creed » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:15 pm

caramelizedgod wrote:Went through the Manhattan rc today and something's were useful but honestly think drilling rc and doing PT's/blind review is the only way I'll be able to improve rc.

Also had a very weird pt yesterday with crazy distractions at my local library(kids running around crazy and the ac on so high that I was freezing) - learned that I definitely need to be going to a university library from now on. Going to just discount that one. At least I went -1 on LG tho lol.

What's everyone's favorite drink/liquor? Going out tonight but might want to divert from the basic Smirnoff Micky...
Gin + tonic or whiskey + soda. In my experience, anything fancier at a bar in the city and you're paying 30-50% more for very little added utility.

abujabal

Bronze

Post by abujabal » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:51 pm

jagerbom79 wrote:Anybody have a list of the hardest, "must-know" odd/tricky/Curveball LG's? For example, like the virus game from PT 79..

Thanks
I've heard

- Virus
- Mauve dinosaur
- Snakes/lizards
- Music CDs (aka Legally Blonde game)
- Stained glass

But I'm not sure of much else

Pozzo

Gold

Post by Pozzo » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:05 pm

abujabal wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:Anybody have a list of the hardest, "must-know" odd/tricky/Curveball LG's? For example, like the virus game from PT 79..

Thanks
I've heard

- Virus
- Mauve dinosaur
- Snakes/lizards
- Stained glass

I agree with the above (I struggled with stained glass every damn time I did it), and I'll add a few. Not all of these are too tricky, but the easier ones still tend not to fall into the sequencing, grouping, or combo games that (rightly) get the most practice:

- Buildings (80.4)
- Florist (9.1)
- Six Cities (9.4)
- Words (10.3)
- Flasks (12.4)
- Houses (16.3)
- Paintings (22.3)
- Mannequins (29.2)
- Clown Costumes (51.1)
- Truck Loads (60.3)

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:27 pm

Pozzo wrote:
abujabal wrote:

Thanks
I've heard

- Virus
- Mauve dinosaur
- Snakes/lizards
- Stained glass

I agree with the above (I struggled with stained glass every damn time I did it), and I'll add a few. Not all of these are too tricky, but the easier ones still tend not to fall into the sequencing, grouping, or combo games that (rightly) get the most practice:

- Buildings (80.4)
- Florist (9.1)
- Six Cities (9.4)
- Words (10.3)
- Flasks (12.4)
- Houses (16.3)
- Paintings (22.3)
- Mannequins (29.2)
- Clown Costumes (51.1)
- Truck Loads (60.3)
Awesome! Thanks a ton !!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

presidentspivey

Bronze

Post by presidentspivey » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:58 pm

jagerbom79 wrote:
Pozzo wrote:
abujabal wrote:

Thanks
I've heard

- Virus
- Mauve dinosaur
- Snakes/lizards
- Stained glass

- Buildings (80.4)
- Florist (9.1)
- Six Cities (9.4)
- Words (10.3)
- Flasks (12.4)
- Houses (16.3)
- Paintings (22.3)
- Mannequins (29.2)
- Clown Costumes (51.1)
- Truck Loads (60.3)
Awesome! Thanks a ton !!
Ugh the mannequin game

tombrady69

New

Post by tombrady69 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:32 pm

I'm stuck and need help big time!

After months of prep my PT's are in the 165-169 range (170 once). I just can't seem to break out of this zone.

My LR's are like -4/-6, LG -0/-1, RC -7/9

Was anyone in my place and broke this funk? How did you guys do it? Sitting for the September test and want to get 175!

abujabal

Bronze

Post by abujabal » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:38 pm

tombrady69 wrote:I'm stuck and need help big time!

After months of prep my PT's are in the 165-169 range (170 once). I just can't seem to break out of this zone.

Was anyone in my place and broke this funk? How did you guys do it? Sitting for the September test and want to get 175!
Ayyy I'm there too. Do you have analytics for what question types specifically in LR and RC trip you up? That helps me the most for targeting my study

tombrady69

New

Post by tombrady69 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:33 am

abujabal wrote:

Ayyy I'm there too. Do you have analytics for what question types specifically in LR and RC trip you up? That helps me the most for targeting my study
N.A. and Flaw are my biggest in LR right now. Not really too sure in RC - I either do really well or miss the majority of questions.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

thepsychedelic

Bronze

Post by thepsychedelic » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:07 am

Just curious, seeing the virus game mentioned above, would you guys say that's a uniquely difficult game? I took the September LSAT and that game definitely took me for a loop, but I remember at that time people were saying that somewhat unusual games were common on every administration and that the Virus game wasn't all that different (which definitely worried me). Not sure if what I'm asking makes any sense haha
Last edited by thepsychedelic on Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

gaandrsn

New

Post by gaandrsn » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:22 pm

tombrady69 wrote:
abujabal wrote:

N.A. and Flaw are my biggest in LR right now. Not really too sure in RC - I either do really well or miss the majority of questions.
Nathan Fox's LR Encyclopedia has helped me quite a bit with both NA and Flaw questions.

creed

Bronze

Post by creed » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:38 pm

PT 44

Score: 176

RC: -1
LR: -2
LG: -0
LR: -2

RC: I felt awful finishing this and am honestly stunned at the -1. The section just seemed like a total minefield. But I'll take it.

LR: Had three tough parallel questions and pulled them all out, which is nice. I again dinged a couple dumb MSS questions (like, 75-80% correct on 7sage dumb). But I minimized silly errors and moved quickly.

LG: Narrowly avoided a dumb mistake on the last game with about 2 minutes left by rereading the rules. The third game was the hardest (8th/9th/10th century paintings), but I managed to make a pretty key inference that helped a lot. Overall, two months of drilling the hell out of LG seems to have paid off.

Overall: My highest score yet! Really happy to have broken into 175+. Who knows if I'll stay there or if it'll exist as an aberration at the end of my studying, but it's at least great to see an increase in my ceiling. From here, I really want to begin focusing on timing-- I'm almost never finishing sections with more than a minute left. I also think I'll add the fifth experimental section in two or three tests to begin getting used to that.

Anyways, I'm just in time for the 4 pm happy hour.

Pozzo

Gold

Post by Pozzo » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:49 pm

thepsychedelic wrote:Just curious, seeing the virus game mentioned above, would you guys say that's a uniquely difficult game? I took the September LSAT and that game definitely took me for a loop, but I remember at that time people were saying that somewhat unusual games were common on every administration and that the Virus game wasn't all that different (which definitely worried me). Not sure if what I'm asking makes any sense haha
The Virus game is unusual, but I don't think it is "uniquely difficult." In fact, many of the unusual games aren't particularly difficult in and of themselves. What makes them difficult is that they carry this initial shock value that throws people off their game. If you can keep your head about you and slowly work through what it's asking. With viruses (as with buildings on PT80), once you figure out what it's asking and come up with some general idea of a game board, the questions themselves are not that difficult.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

caramelizedgod

New

Post by caramelizedgod » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:47 pm

thepsychedelic wrote:Just curious, seeing the virus game mentioned above, would you guys say that's a uniquely difficult game? I took the September LSAT and that game definitely took me for a loop, but I remember at that time people were saying that somewhat unusual games were common on every administration and that the Virus game wasn't all that different (which definitely worried me). Not sure if what I'm asking makes any sense haha
I'd say there's one like that every couple lsats.

presidentspivey

Bronze

Post by presidentspivey » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:16 pm

Went -0 on a full timed section of LG. First time I've ever actually done that. Did several other timed LG sections and feel that I improved my speed. That's enough for today. Plan is to take one of the more recent tests tomorrow and see if I get knocked flat on my ass, as I haven't done anything past 65. Keep going people. We are almost there.

PS: I had a vivid dream last night that the level of LSAT prep I do and the success of the Dodgers' pursuit of the all time win record became strongly correlated. Plan is to accept the message of this dream without a shadow of a doubt and redouble my efforts.

caramelizedgod

New

Post by caramelizedgod » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:37 pm

presidentspivey wrote:as I haven't done anything past 65
Lucky you, I wish i still had some more of the recent pts to do :? :(

Also congrats on the -0, keep it up!

littlewing67

Silver

Post by littlewing67 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:38 pm

Last edited by littlewing67 on Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”