The Official September 2017 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Are you ready for tomorrow?!?!?!

FUCK YES
40%
Yeah, kind of
16%
Ehh, hoping for the best
14%
Not prepared but screw it
6%
HAHAHA I'M NOT EVEN TAKING THE LSAT, SUCKS FOR YOU GUYS
24%

Total votes: 50

dj9i27

Gold

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Post by dj9i27 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:32 pm

Last edited by dj9i27 on Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:37 pm

Last edited by Alexandros on Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oopsu812

Silver

Post by oopsu812 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:44 pm

Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote: Take that with a bucket of salt but I've seen it said. If CLS had Chi's clerkship numbers and was less NYC-focused it'd easily be my favorite school by a mile. Some of that might be self-selection though.

I think you'd be in fine shape for SoCal so long you bid wisely and had some back-ups.
I blow hot and cold on Columbia. The high COL scares me quite a bit. The BigLaw numbers are sexy though.

Yeah I figured, especially at a T5 school. I've looked at where a couple of big LA firms go for OCI and it seems like they are less prominent outside the T5 (and Berk).
Large incoming class but that means they've got course offerings, clinics, journals, research centers and whatnot in any area you're interested in (unlike certain smaller schools) which is a plus for me. Also <3 NYC, especially that area (haters gonna hate) - walking distance to central park and the Met. Just wish clerkships, non-NYC BL, PI, and lol academia placement were a bit stronger.
Those are all good things, but placement into what/where you want is more important I think. That being said, I wouldn't turn down a Hammy, lulz.
Yeah, there's gonna be a cost with any school though. No school outside of HYS has particularly great placement for what I want.
What are your goals? Academia?

dj9i27

Gold

Post by dj9i27 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:47 pm

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:51 pm

Last edited by Alexandros on Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:09 am

Last edited by Alexandros on Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

oopsu812

Silver

Post by oopsu812 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:13 am

Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote: Take that with a bucket of salt but I've seen it said. If CLS had Chi's clerkship numbers and was less NYC-focused it'd easily be my favorite school by a mile. Some of that might be self-selection though.

I think you'd be in fine shape for SoCal so long you bid wisely and had some back-ups.
I blow hot and cold on Columbia. The high COL scares me quite a bit. The BigLaw numbers are sexy though.

Yeah I figured, especially at a T5 school. I've looked at where a couple of big LA firms go for OCI and it seems like they are less prominent outside the T5 (and Berk).
Large incoming class but that means they've got course offerings, clinics, journals, research centers and whatnot in any area you're interested in (unlike certain smaller schools) which is a plus for me. Also <3 NYC, especially that area (haters gonna hate) - walking distance to central park and the Met. Just wish clerkships, non-NYC BL, PI, and lol academia placement were a bit stronger.
Those are all good things, but placement into what/where you want is more important I think. That being said, I wouldn't turn down a Hammy, lulz.
Yeah, there's gonna be a cost with any school though. No school outside of HYS has particularly great placement for what I want.
What are your goals? Academia?
Undecided. In a dream world, Clerkship -> PI -> Academia.
I feel this a lot, minus the academia. My dream world would be something like, Marriage -> Clerkship -> PI or Government. Realistically though, Clerkship -> Biglaw - > Marriage -> Exit Options (uncertain), is what I'll gun for.

oopsu812

Silver

Post by oopsu812 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:15 am

Alexandros wrote:I wanna get out of this city so badly, jeezus.

@DJ do u mind if I backpack with u around the Middle East.
Lulz, my best friend was hating on your city for a solid half hour today. He's not a huge fan either.

I want to backpack around the ME too!

abujabal

Bronze

Post by abujabal » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:16 am

Yo to all y'all backpacking around the MENA - hmu if you want some dope hostels. Did that a few years ago, including a quick jaunt to Iraq pre-ISIS

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dj9i27

Gold

Post by dj9i27 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:18 am

Lalalsat96

New

Post by Lalalsat96 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:21 am

dj9i27 wrote:
Lalalsat96 wrote:Can we register for the September lsat after the June registration deadline (April 26? I think) or do I have to wait till after the june 12 test?
idk, it doesn't really matter when you register tho (unless it is post deadline or you have a super crowded TC) so don't fret if you miss the opening date by a few weeks.
Thanksss but I am in a huge college city(you can probably guess) The lsat is administered on my campus and it fills up quickly apparently. My best friend taking the June exam registered in March but still has to take it wayyyy outside of the city lol I want to just wake up from my dorm grab some breakfast and head over to my exam about 1000 feet away or so. Just less stressful

I guess will check lsac on 4/27 and 6/12 or periodically in between

abujabal

Bronze

Post by abujabal » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:22 am

dj9i27 wrote:

Yeah dude. It'll be next summer before LS tho.
abujabal wrote:Yo to all y'all backpacking around the MENA - hmu if you want some dope hostels. Did that a few years ago, including a quick jaunt to Iraq pre-ISIS
Yes plz.
Where you heading? Don't recommend Egypt rn unless you're sticking to the main zones/know someone in the area. Amman is a fun town for a minute. Istanbul used to be a dream, but now I'm not so sure, and Rabat is fantastic. Oman also worth checking out, and even the UAE if you're down

dj9i27

Gold

Post by dj9i27 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:23 am

Last edited by dj9i27 on Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

abujabal

Bronze

Post by abujabal » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:25 am

Also sorry for the double, but I saw there was a spurt of LSAT discussion so I thought I'd add my own update after my disastrous -11 LR the other day.

BRed it at midnight the other day, and managed a -6 which is fine but not good enough. Then sat through it today with no timer on, and just sort of talked my way through the questions (literally aloud) and wow did that help. Knocked it down to a -2, and I'm ok with that. Tomorrow, going to take another LR section, and then get cracking on the LSAT trainers LG sections. Diagrams, super excited to learn them. Would love to get to -0 on LG by the end of May, but we'll see if that's feasible or not.

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:26 am

dj9i27

Gold

Post by dj9i27 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:27 am

Last edited by dj9i27 on Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:28 am

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

dj9i27

Gold

Post by dj9i27 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:29 am

abujabal wrote:Also sorry for the double, but I saw there was a spurt of LSAT discussion so I thought I'd add my own update after my disastrous -11 LR the other day.

BRed it at midnight the other day, and managed a -6 which is fine but not good enough. Then sat through it today with no timer on, and just sort of talked my way through the questions (literally aloud) and wow did that help. Knocked it down to a -2, and I'm ok with that. Tomorrow, going to take another LR section, and then get cracking on the LSAT trainers LG sections. Diagrams, super excited to learn them. Would love to get to -0 on LG by the end of May, but we'll see if that's feasible or not.
You can totally hit -0 on regular LG in a month, just be wary of weird games (save them for later). As for LR, Trainer is really good in the beginning but then use PS or MH to hammer down the QTs and you'll be hitting -8 then -5 then -3 and finally -0/1 every time. Keep plugging, we all have to!

dj9i27

Gold

Post by dj9i27 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:31 am

Last edited by dj9i27 on Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

oopsu812

Silver

Post by oopsu812 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:31 am

Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:

Lulz, my best friend was hating on your city for a solid half hour today. He's not a huge fan either.

I want to backpack around the ME too!
Your best friend and me should be friends. (It's an ok place to visit but it's close to 2 straight years (3 yrs when I graduate) I've been living here by myself with only a week or so here and there somewhere else, haven't travelled since highschool. getting very antsy.)

We're all joining you backpacking around MENA, Dj.
That's understandable. I've lived in the same place my whole life, with only a couple of 3-6 months long breaks, so I get how you feel. I'm hoping to at the very least go on a road-trip across the country, but I'd really really love to backpack through Central America.

oopsu812

Silver

Post by oopsu812 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:32 am

dj9i27 wrote:
abujabal wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

abujabal wrote:Yo to all y'all backpacking around the MENA - hmu if you want some dope hostels. Did that a few years ago, including a quick jaunt to Iraq pre-ISIS
Yes plz.
Where you heading? Don't recommend Egypt rn unless you're sticking to the main zones/know someone in the area. Amman is a fun town for a minute. Istanbul used to be a dream, but now I'm not so sure, and Rabat is fantastic. Oman also worth checking out, and even the UAE if you're down
Was going to go to Egypt (ironically the more dangerous parts, I'm tired of these pillowy vacations Might have a lot of Detroit blood still in me, yes I know they are night and day) mostly to see the architecture and MAYBE hitch a ride on a bus to Israel and mess around in the surround areas for a few weeks. My Iranian friend told me to stay out of Iran because apparently the government doesn't like Americans too much. I don't really want to go to the UAE, it just doesn't do much ( other than that indoors skiing resort) for me.
I know Morocco is out of the way, but I'd really recommend it, as well as Jordan. Many friends of mine speak very very highly of Jordan.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Lalalsat96

New

Post by Lalalsat96 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:36 am

dj9i27 wrote: My TC last year was in a very large college area too and it I registered in Late July and still got a seat (I know it is different but my experience). I'm debating taking it in a smaller town and hour away from me tho. Something about the 300 people snaking outside the door gave me a bit of anxiety. The proximity thing is a huge upside as well tho.
Actually yeah I won't worry too much but there really are a lot of schools and I don't trust it haha i guess because im a planner

Speaking of people snaking outside of the room would it be a good idea to sit in the front of the lsat room and then I can't get distracted? Ugh im dreading this entire experience already. Im so type A I want to do practice tests in the room of the September exam to get a feel for the desks

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:37 am

abujabal

Bronze

Post by abujabal » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:39 am

dj9i27 wrote:
abujabal wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

Yes plz.
Please don't quote this

Was going to go to Egypt (ironically the more dangerous parts, I'm tired of these pillowy vacations Might have a lot of Detroit blood still in me, yes I know they are night and day) mostly to see the architecture and MAYBE hitch a ride on a bus to Israel and mess around in the surround areas for a few weeks. My Iranian friend told me to stay out of Iran because apparently the government doesn't like Americans too much. I don't really want to go to the UAE, it just doesn't do much ( other than that indoors skiing resort) for me.
Would you know someone in Egypt? To be honest, it's not all that bad if you're in a group of some sort, worst case. Just ratchet up your attention level. In Cairo, you'll be totally fine, but I'd still book a tour group to do the major sites, just in case. And get travel insurance.

For the love of god do not take a bus through the Sinai to Israel right now. Like seriously. Do. Not. Do. It. In most cases, if you have a US passport, or any passport that isn't from a country that Egypt wouldn't want to have to explain the death of one of its citizens to, they won't even let you on the bus. Plus even if they did, it's incredibly dangerous, even for Egyptians. Those buses regularly get attacked or searched, and you don't want to be on it. Like I'm a brown dude who speaks Arabic and I didn't try it.

Iran could be dope, but depending on your passport - not possible. Americans will not get visas. There's a tour group that's an exception, but I wouldn't do it, unless you're willing to be blackballed from any government job ever.

Morocco is dope. Go to Morocco. Do not waste your time doing stupid touristy shit in Marrakesh though, and the souk is a bit eh. Also Casa isn't worth it. Sorry Humphrey.

Amman is dope. Go to Amman.

If you're looking to do a more adventurous vacation (and I'm nervous about describing places where people live as "adventures" ever, but I catch your drift), then a lot is open. That said, a lot is closed just generally as a rule. If I can ask, what's your passport situation/language fluency/skin color? That changes the game a lot. When I was travelling with my friends, me being brown opened a lot of doors, and them being white opened a lot of doors. The American passport closed some, and opened some as well.

Please don't quote this
Last edited by abujabal on Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

dj9i27

Gold

Post by dj9i27 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:41 am

Last edited by dj9i27 on Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”