The Official September 2017 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Are you ready for tomorrow?!?!?!

FUCK YES
40%
Yeah, kind of
16%
Ehh, hoping for the best
14%
Not prepared but screw it
6%
HAHAHA I'M NOT EVEN TAKING THE LSAT, SUCKS FOR YOU GUYS
24%

Total votes: 50

twiix

Silver

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Post by twiix » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:54 am

Mikey wrote:I don't really work out anymore because I'm a lazy SOB. But when I used to work out a lot, i preferred the AM. For cardio I loved doing it as soon as I woke up. Anything else didn't matter what time though.

The gym I used to go to was ALWAYS packed as soon as it opened and it was a pain in the ass. So for cardio I had started to just go for an outdoor jog.

Would like to get back into working out, but again, I'm lazy
Im going to be replacing my LSAT study time with gym time once this bastard is done. Hoping I'll get a decent score on Sat so I can work out again, because my body hates me for stopping. I just don't have the time to do both atm, which sucks.

chewinggum

Bronze

Post by chewinggum » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:15 am

Yea, I think I'll do like 15 minutes of cardio or something.

Morning workouts are so much easier to get out of the way lol. But I do like the occasional midnight workout :)

sev

Bronze

Post by sev » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:44 am

I swear, if one more law school wishes me good luck and reminds me to bring no. 2 pencils...

Barry grandpapy

Bronze

Post by Barry grandpapy » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:02 am

twiix wrote:
Mikey wrote:I don't really work out anymore because I'm a lazy SOB. But when I used to work out a lot, i preferred the AM. For cardio I loved doing it as soon as I woke up. Anything else didn't matter what time though.

The gym I used to go to was ALWAYS packed as soon as it opened and it was a pain in the ass. So for cardio I had started to just go for an outdoor jog.

Im going to be replacing my LSAT study time with gym time once this bastard is done. Hoping I'll get a decent score on Sat so I can work out again, because my body hates me for stopping. I just don't have the time to do both atm, which sucks.
I'm going to cut back on margs after Saturday.

Edit: I can't wait for the waiters thread!

Walliums

Silver

Post by Walliums » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:34 am

Barry grandpapy wrote:
twiix wrote:

I'm going to cut back on margs after Saturday.

Edit: I can't wait for the waiters thread!
You are going to crush this, King of LSAT!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

littlewing67

Silver

Post by littlewing67 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:59 am

Last edited by littlewing67 on Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:13 am

littlewing67 wrote:
sev wrote:I swear, if one more law school wishes me good luck and reminds me to bring no. 2 pencils...
And I quote "Try not to leave any questions blank." Thanks for that pro-tip TTT school.
my reply: "thanks, wouldn't have known without you! <3"

saf18hornet

Bronze

Post by saf18hornet » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:18 am

For those of you interested, I'm trolling the class of 2020 median thread about changing the T13, T6, HYS jargon and some guy is really getting bent out of shape.

chewinggum

Bronze

Post by chewinggum » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:45 am

Really hoping for a relatively straightforward LG section and the inevitable "weird" one to be like viruses or offices.

74-4 took me for a ride yesterday!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

littlewing67

Silver

Post by littlewing67 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:49 am

Last edited by littlewing67 on Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:55 am

littlewing67 wrote:
chewinggum wrote:Really hoping for a relatively straightforward LG section and the inevitable "weird" one to be like viruses or offices.

I vote for a circle game. Or mapping. Those are the most fun rare types in my book.
circle games are actually pretty easy imo, I wouldn't mind one. I wouldn't mind a game like viruses again either tbh. PT80's weird game was hard af under time but I figured it out un-timed and the 7sage exp was extremely helpful.

Ntp73821

Silver

Post by Ntp73821 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:56 am

littlewing67 wrote:
chewinggum wrote:Really hoping for a relatively straightforward LG section and the inevitable "weird" one to be like viruses or offices.

I vote for a circle game. Or mapping. Those are the most fun rare types in my book.
If we get a game like viruses I'm done. :roll:
Last edited by Ntp73821 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chewinggum

Bronze

Post by chewinggum » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:59 am

They aren't nice enough to give us a mapping game lol

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:00 pm

Ntp73821 wrote: If we get a game like viruses I'm done. :roll:
nah, it's just a small step above a sequencing game tbh. it's pretty simple if you think of it as a sequencing game! :P

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:06 pm

Mikey wrote:
nah, it's just a small step above a sequencing game tbh. it's pretty simple if you think of it as a sequencing game! :P
Yeah i agree, Mikey...and really with any of the weird games the key is just have enough time in the bank to think through it logically. Most of the weird game questions including buildings on 80 actually aren't that tough.. (In the moment-- I think what made the Virus so difficult was noone was really expecting or accustomed to it, but now we are prepared for a game like this) the questions are prob easier than a hard IN/OUT or grouping... It just takes some time to think through the setup, but once you have a grasp of whats going on its fairly straight forward

abujabal

Bronze

Post by abujabal » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:10 pm

Rupert Pupkin wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Yeah i agree, Mikey...and really with any of the weird games the key is just have enough time in the bank to think through it logically. Most of the weird game questions including buildings on 80 actually aren't that tough.. (In the moment-- I think what made the Virus so difficult was noone was really expecting or accustomed to it, but now we are prepared for a game like this) the questions are prob easier than a hard IN/OUT or grouping... It just takes some time to think through the setup, but once you have a grasp of whats going on its fairly straight forward
That's the problem - is when they pair a weird game with another very tough one

twiix

Silver

Post by twiix » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:16 pm

Rupert Pupkin wrote:
Mikey wrote:
I don't get the fear of viruses.. like yeah it was a misc game and you couldn't "diagram" it in a traditional sense, but it was a million times easier to figure out than say, a super hard in/out or grouping game where you just can't pick up the inference that is necessary to start the game. At least with viruses you can kind of work your way through it with intuition, whereas there's no way you have enough time to brute force every solution to an in/out or grouping game. I'd take viruses a million times over the stupid CD game from June 07.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:36 pm

twiix wrote:
Rupert Pupkin wrote:
Mikey wrote:
I don't get the fear of viruses.. like yeah it was a misc game and you couldn't "diagram" it in a traditional sense, but it was a million times easier to figure out than say, a super hard in/out or grouping game where you just can't pick up the inference that is necessary to start the game. At least with viruses you can kind of work your way through it with intuition, whereas there's no way you have enough time to brute force every solution to an in/out or grouping game. I'd take viruses a million times over the stupid CD game from June 07.
Yup I totally agree.. Im worried about the CD game if any type of game worries me... Even the dinosaur game, I figured it out but it ate up a lot of time going into game 4 ( whichever PT that was on 57 maybe?)

mwells56

Silver

Post by mwells56 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:11 pm

Well after a few months hiatus from this board in which I put every ounce of my being into this test, I'm feeling GOOD.

This is my 3rd take. First time, as a naive junior after three months of self studying that resulted in a 161. Second time, after many months of diligent work and getting a tutor, a shock of a 166 after getting consistent 170's (or at least a respectable 168-169) for ~2 weeks prior to the test.

Now, in the last 8 weeks I've taken 18 tests.

Average 172. Low of 165. Only was below the 170 threshold 4 times, two of which (166 and 165) were because I had gotten cocky and didn't study for a few days. Glad that happened, reminded me that I need to be doing stuff every day.

Now I'm a senior. I spent my Welcome Week getting up before 10:00 every morning, doing LSAT stuff, with minimal time off for drinking and partying (but not none, because hey, you're only 21 and in college once, right?). Rinse repeat. Been getting up before class to take PTs. Tracking my progress through two separate sources. Using both to guide my drilling.

I've perfected my warm up routine. I bought an LSAT watch and have now grown accustomed to using it (before I had been using online timers, which threw me off on actual test days when I'd be using an analog watch for the first time). Unlike the last two times I took the test when I foolishly was only practicing with 4 sections, I've been doing 5-section tests for weeks now.

All this culminating in my final PT today (tomorrow meeting with tutor for light drilling in the morning then chilling the rest of the day as I have no Friday classes). Results:

Superprep C2

LG: -0
LR1: -0
LR2: -1
RC: -2

Best I've ever done, on either a fresh test or a test I'd seen before (this was fresh). My confidence is sky high. Let's eat, fam.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:49 pm

looked over some LR questions that gave me trouble in the past PT's that I've done. it wasn't that many, but tomorrow I think I'm doing nothing at all LSAT related.

anyone here doing a PT today or tomorrow?

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:23 pm

Mikey wrote:looked over some LR questions that gave me trouble in the past PT's that I've done. it wasn't that many, but tomorrow I think I'm doing nothing at all LSAT related.

anyone here doing a PT today or tomorrow?
Nope just drilling taking it easy.. trying to relax and clear my head

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

usaorbust

Bronze

Post by usaorbust » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:31 pm

littlewing67 wrote:

I vote for a circle game.
Don't you put that evil on any of us

velyvely

New

Post by velyvely » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:20 pm

Just took PT 81. I got my average raw score of 95 and it dropped me down to a 173, when the same raw score would have gotten me around a 175 on previous exams...

I wonder how likely it is that the scale will be this unforgiving for the September exam :shock: I got a 172 in February and I'm pretty sure I missed 8-9 questions then, so it'd suck if the additional months of studying only amounted to a 1 pt increase.

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:54 pm

velyvely wrote:Just took PT 81. I got my average raw score of 95 and it dropped me down to a 173, when the same raw score would have gotten me around a 175 on previous exams...

I wonder how likely it is that the scale will be this unforgiving for the September exam :shock: I got a 172 in February and I'm pretty sure I missed 8-9 questions then, so it'd suck if the additional months of studying only amounted to a 1 pt increase.
Its more likely than not that the scale wont be like this

velyvely

New

Post by velyvely » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:05 pm

Rupert Pupkin wrote:
velyvely wrote:Just took PT 81. I got my average raw score of 95 and it dropped me down to a 173, when the same raw score would have gotten me around a 175 on previous exams...

Its more likely than not that the scale wont be like this
I hope so! I wonder if it's better to have an easy LG section and a harsh curve or a weird game and a more generous curve. Sigh.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”