The Official September 2017 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Are you ready for tomorrow?!?!?!

FUCK YES
40%
Yeah, kind of
16%
Ehh, hoping for the best
14%
Not prepared but screw it
6%
HAHAHA I'M NOT EVEN TAKING THE LSAT, SUCKS FOR YOU GUYS
24%

Total votes: 50

oopsu812

Silver

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Post by oopsu812 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:31 pm

PrezRand wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Miley Cyrus is the greatest artist of the 21st century. Discuss.

This may not seem relevant to the LSAT now, but, believe me, it is.
Eminem>every1 else
Incorrect.

oopsu812

Silver

Post by oopsu812 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:32 pm

Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:Any idea if they want your LORs to be only from undergrad, and not from master's?
The 2 required academic LORs have to be undergrad (unless you're like 15+ years out or something, then there might be an exception?) You can have an additional/third LOR that's from a masters.
Ew. :cry:

TedBuckland

Bronze

Post by TedBuckland » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:32 pm

Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:Any idea if they want your LORs to be only from undergrad, and not from master's?
The 2 required academic LORs have to be undergrad (unless you're like 15+ years out or something, then there might be an exception?) You can have an additional/third LOR that's from a masters.
Is this really true? I was under the impression that they could be from anyone that you worked with academically. In my applications from this last cycle, I used an LOR from a master's professor.

PrezRand

Gold

Post by PrezRand » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:35 pm

presidentspivey wrote:
PrezRand wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Miley Cyrus is the greatest artist of the 21st century. Discuss.

Eminem>every1 else
I'd stay with Beyonce, but this is a choice I can respect.
Alexandros wrote:
PrezRand wrote:

Eminem>every1 else
I cannot emphasize enough how wrong you are.
He's the best selling rapper of the 21st century I think. He also had the biggest run and impact in music. Em's first 3 albums>>>>>>>>>

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:38 pm

TedBuckland wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
Is this really true? I was under the impression that they could be from anyone that you worked with academically. In my applications from this last cycle, I used an LOR from a master's professor.
Might vary depending on school. I'm going off of what Asha said, so that's the case for Yehlol at least.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Post by MediocreAtBest » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:11 pm

PrezRand wrote:
presidentspivey wrote:
PrezRand wrote:

Eminem>every1 else
I'd stay with Beyonce, but this is a choice I can respect.
Alexandros wrote:
PrezRand wrote:

Eminem>every1 else
I cannot emphasize enough how wrong you are.
He's the best selling rapper of the 21st century I think. He also had the biggest run and impact in music. Em's first 3 albums>>>>>>>>>
I don't like white rappers. Idk. I'm white, I don't like them. I also think its telling that the three options so far are Miley Cyrus, Beyonce, and Eminem, and I'm having trouble thinking of a person I'd nominate. I don't think there's a standout in the 21st century yet, like a Prince or something.

presidentspivey

Bronze

Post by presidentspivey » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:17 pm

I agree that no one this century is on Prince's level, but i do think we'll still be talking about both Eminem and Beyonce as really influential artists in 30-40 years.

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:26 pm

Like the Miley Cyrus thing was me being drunk and was not intended to be taken seriously, but Beyoncé has definitely been influential and could rival any of the 'greats' from back in the day, imo.

Meet me in the alleyway at 11:30 pm if you disagree.

oopsu812

Silver

Post by oopsu812 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:53 pm

oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Deep cleaning while blasting pop music at 4:30am is why I'm happy not having roommates anymore.
Living the bachelor lifestyle, eh? :lol: One thing I'm happy about these days, is that I couldn't care less anymore about what people think of my music tates. Music snobs over the age of 18 deserve to be judged more.
Anyways, we were just having fun. I don't actually think Hilary Duff is the artist of the 2000s, lol. Let's not start with the "music was better back in my day," type crap. It's lame.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:01 pm

oopsu812 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Deep cleaning while blasting pop music at 4:30am is why I'm happy not having roommates anymore.
Living the bachelor lifestyle, eh? :lol: One thing I'm happy about these days, is that I couldn't care less anymore about what people think of my music tates. Music snobs over the age of 18 deserve to be judged more.
Anyways, we were just having fun. I don't actually think Hilary Duff is the artist of the 2000s, lol. Let's not start with the "music was better back in my day," type crap. It's lame.
+1000

LOL that what was obviously a facetious comment spawned a "greatest artist" debate. :lol:

oopsu812

Silver

Post by oopsu812 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:10 pm

Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
+1000

LOL that what was obviously a facetious comment spawned a "greatest artist" debate. :lol:
Yeah, don't force me to whip out my knowledge of classical music! :lol:

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:21 pm

Last edited by Alexandros on Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TedBuckland

Bronze

Post by TedBuckland » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:23 pm

I didn't think I would have to step in, but obviously the greatest artist of our generation is Taylor Swift.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

oopsu812

Silver

Post by oopsu812 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:26 pm

Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
+1000

Yeah, don't force me to whip out my knowledge of classical music! :lol:
UHMM, Miley >>>>>>>> Mozart
I don't know, man. Mozart did trashy before Miley! He did have a song call "Kiss My Ass" y'know. Revolutionary.

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:31 pm

Last edited by Alexandros on Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oopsu812

Silver

Post by oopsu812 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:33 pm

Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote: UHMM, Miley >>>>>>>> Mozart
I don't know, man. Mozart did trashy before Miley! He did have a song call "Kiss My Ass" y'know. Revolutionary.
True, but did he strip naked and ride a wrecking ball? I dun think so, man.
That's fair. But if we're going to talk shock value, Madonna, Britney and Xtina > Miley.

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:06 pm

2 weeks from Mon till im done with exams! --> Ive never been more excited for summer, despite day1 of summer seventeen starting with immediate LSAT grind.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

TedBuckland

Bronze

Post by TedBuckland » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:19 pm

jagerbom79 wrote:2 weeks from Mon till im done with exams! --> Ive never been more excited for summer, despite day1 of summer seventeen starting with immediate LSAT grind.
Right there with you. Finish my semester on Friday the 12th and will probably give myself the weekend to relax, then go all in on LSAT drilling

presidentspivey

Bronze

Post by presidentspivey » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:41 pm

TedBuckland wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:2 weeks from Mon till im done with exams! --> Ive never been more excited for summer, despite day1 of summer seventeen starting with immediate LSAT grind.
Right there with you. Finish my semester on Friday the 12th and will probably give myself the weekend to relax, then go all in on LSAT drilling
Same but a week earlier

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:51 pm

A year later and we're back to the same damn September LSAT grind again!

34iplaw

Gold

Post by 34iplaw » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:04 pm

Hi fam.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

34iplaw

Gold

Post by 34iplaw » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:13 pm

appind wrote:.
I'm in the same boat more or less. If you want someone to proofread LOCIs or want a sample one, LMK. I think my UPenn one was quite strong. I think I had one thing that was a super nice touch, but I'll end up learning it's some nonsense that everyone does. :evil:
presidentspivey wrote:Think I may have just blown a solid LOR. Prof hated my final paper and gave me a C on it. Still got a A in the class but she went in on this thing. It deserved it. Sigh.
I totally misread this, and I was about to make some joke how that could possibly hurt your odds of someone writing an LOR. Hint: I read 'LOR. prof' as 'LOR prof' or professor that will write the LOR.

presidentspivey

Bronze

Post by presidentspivey » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:17 pm

34iplaw wrote:
appind wrote:.
I'm in the same boat more or less. If you want someone to proofread LOCIs or want a sample one, LMK. I think my UPenn one was quite strong. I think I had one thing that was a super nice touch, but I'll end up learning it's some nonsense that everyone does. :evil:
presidentspivey wrote:Think I may have just blown a solid LOR. Prof hated my final paper and gave me a C on it. Still got a A in the class but she went in on this thing. It deserved it. Sigh.
I totally misread this, and I was about to make some joke how that could possibly hurt your odds of someone writing an LOR. Hint: I read 'LOR. prof' as 'LOR prof' or professor that will write the LOR.
Anything for a great LOR tbh.

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:30 pm

Mikey wrote:
haha yup! Going to absolutely CRUSH it this time Mikey!

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:35 pm

jagerbom79 wrote:
Mikey wrote:
haha yup! Going to absolutely CRUSH it this time Mikey!
you got that fucking right!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”