The Official September 2017 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Are you ready for tomorrow?!?!?!

FUCK YES
40%
Yeah, kind of
16%
Ehh, hoping for the best
14%
Not prepared but screw it
6%
HAHAHA I'M NOT EVEN TAKING THE LSAT, SUCKS FOR YOU GUYS
24%

Total votes: 50

Alexandros

Platinum

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Post by Alexandros » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:27 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Alexandros wrote:.
what was this, reveal it bitch
Deleting stuff and pressed the wrong button.
Good ole fashion post purge
Are you done your drive.
I was abducted by Mormons and am currently in a situation alike the one in the film Buried. Needless to say I am making good use of my cellular device
The arabic didn't work this time? Dammit.

dj9i27

Gold

Post by dj9i27 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:37 pm

Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Alexandros wrote:.
what was this, reveal it bitch
Are you done your drive.
I was abducted by Mormons and am currently in a situation alike the one in the film Buried. Needless to say I am making good use of my cellular device
They done found me out.

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:44 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
Mikey wrote: what was this, reveal it bitch
Are you done your drive.
They done found me out.
Are you locked in an underground vault in the wilds of Salt Lake City?

dj9i27

Gold

Post by dj9i27 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:47 pm

Alexandros wrote: Are you locked in an underground vault in the wilds of Salt Lake City?
Yes, apparently if I find tablets left by joseph smith I have won.

oopsu812

Silver

Post by oopsu812 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:55 pm

Last edited by oopsu812 on Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:58 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote: Are you locked in an underground vault in the wilds of Salt Lake City?
I've heard if you start singing Book of Mormon it's basically the same thing.

oopsu812

Silver

Post by oopsu812 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:59 pm

Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
I've heard if you start singing Book of Mormon it's basically the same thing.
Cause a Mormon just BEELIEEEEEEEEVES.

PrezRand

Gold

Post by PrezRand » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:03 pm

Mikey wrote:
PrezRand wrote:I hate life
y
Cuz i suk at lsat

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:55 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

presidentspivey

Bronze

Post by presidentspivey » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:59 pm

Alexandros wrote:http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 1#p9963881
That got... quite intense.
Yeah, while these are important decisions in peoples' lives and they should be seriously debated, the tone of that thread just got hostile. I've camped out pretty much exclusively in the LSAT prep forum the last few days.

oopsu812

Silver

Post by oopsu812 » Mon May 01, 2017 12:05 am

With only a ~60k difference in COA, I see no reason why the question is unreasonable. Weird.

presidentspivey

Bronze

Post by presidentspivey » Mon May 01, 2017 12:07 am

oopsu812 wrote:
With only a ~60k difference in COA, I see no reason why the question is unreasonable. Weird.
Agreed. Perfect time to note that I've really enjoyed being part of this thread!

presidentspivey

Bronze

Post by presidentspivey » Mon May 01, 2017 12:11 am

Just noticed we already have more pages than the June thread. Lol.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Mon May 01, 2017 12:28 am

presidentspivey wrote:
Yeah, while these are important decisions in peoples' lives and they should be seriously debated, the tone of that thread just got hostile. I've camped out pretty much exclusively in the LSAT prep forum the last few days.
Hostile? I think you mean poetic as fuck. That there is some of the finest writing I've read in all my years of lurking internet forums.

presidentspivey

Bronze

Post by presidentspivey » Mon May 01, 2017 12:31 am

Alexandros wrote:
presidentspivey wrote:
Hostile? I think you mean poetic as fuck. That there is some of the finest writing I've read in all my years of lurking internet forums.
I must confess that I greatly enjoyed "a Mary Shellyian mating of the two"

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Mon May 01, 2017 12:41 am

presidentspivey wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
presidentspivey wrote:
I must confess that I greatly enjoyed "a Mary Shellyian mating of the two"
I am supremely impressed.

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Mon May 01, 2017 12:55 am

oopsu812 wrote:
TCR is reapply, imo. With those numbers you should have much better options on the table.

On another note, cycles like that are quite worrying. Definitely not the first subpar cycle I've seen blamed on a TTT undergrad, interesting.
(That said - If their LSN is legit, they have 105k at Chi, which seems like the easy choice, after reapply.)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

presidentspivey

Bronze

Post by presidentspivey » Mon May 01, 2017 1:17 am

Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
TCR is reapply, imo. With those numbers you should have much better options on the table.

On another note, cycles like that are quite worrying. Definitely not the first subpar cycle I've seen blamed on a TTT undergrad, interesting.
(That said - If their LSN is legit, they have 105k at Chi, which seems like the easy choice, after reapply.)
Well that'll be me, so crossing my fingers it's not a trend. I think most people from TTT UGs freak out about it way too much on these forums, which has swung the pendulum too far the other way. i'm hesitant to believe it doesn't matter at all, as many on TLS claim This under-performance was a little extreme for just that, though. I think there may be a killer combo going on here of TTT UG+ bad softs+ no WE. Hence why I'm strongly leaning towards taking a year off.

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Mon May 01, 2017 1:23 am

presidentspivey wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:

Well that'll be me, so crossing my fingers it's not a trend. I think most people from TTT UGs freak out about it way too much on these forums, which has swung the pendulum too far the other way. i'm hesitant to believe it doesn't matter at all, as many on TLS claim This under-performance was a little extreme for just that, though. I think there may be a killer combo going on here of TTT UG+ bad softs+ no WE. Hence why I'm strongly leaning towards taking a year off.
Year off is absolutely the best plan.

I think this is why taking care of your softs and making sure you show interest is important.

presidentspivey

Bronze

Post by presidentspivey » Mon May 01, 2017 1:26 am

Alexandros wrote:
presidentspivey wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:

I think this is why taking care of your softs and making sure you show interest is important.
Convincing Why Xs are underrated imo.

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Mon May 01, 2017 1:31 am

presidentspivey wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
presidentspivey wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:

Some more than others, but I'm convinced every non-HYS t14 does some degree of YP. Not writing Why Xs for certain schools you want to be options is just a serious lack of due diligence, imo.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

presidentspivey

Bronze

Post by presidentspivey » Mon May 01, 2017 1:47 am

Alright, I have to push through and finish a paper and I'm going to eliminate at least one internet distraction. If I comment again before I declare said paper finished, please mercilessly shame me and tell me to get back to work.

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Mon May 01, 2017 1:56 am

Alexandros wrote:
presidentspivey wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
presidentspivey wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:

Some more than others, but I'm convinced every non-HYS t14 does some degree of YP. Not writing Why Xs for certain schools you want to be options is just a serious lack of due diligence, imo.
At the end of the day, that person still has two absolutely incredible options on the table lol. I agree. I feel like people don't value Why Xs or even visits enough with schools. A Lasting impression and standing out goes a long way especially if you believe your resume doesnt capture the best representation of who you are.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Mon May 01, 2017 7:21 am

HEY! We're up to the page number that is going to be my resulting LSAT score! HAHAHAhaha..

dj9i27

Gold

Post by dj9i27 » Mon May 01, 2017 8:49 am

Mikey wrote:HEY! We're up to the page number that is going to be my resulting LSAT score! HAHAHAhaha..
that was me 10 pages ago lol

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”