The Official September 2017 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Are you ready for tomorrow?!?!?!

FUCK YES
40%
Yeah, kind of
16%
Ehh, hoping for the best
14%
Not prepared but screw it
6%
HAHAHA I'M NOT EVEN TAKING THE LSAT, SUCKS FOR YOU GUYS
24%

Total votes: 50

CottonHarvest

Bronze

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Post by CottonHarvest » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:41 pm

Mikey wrote:I took PT63 earlier this morning but just scored it..

Exp LR: -2 (PT20 S1)
LR: -0
LG: -3 (?)
LR: -2 (felt like a -4 or -5 though tbh)
RC: -8 (typical, fuck RC. also, I can't read apparently so there's that)
PT 63 is on my schedule for tomorrow!

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:48 pm

CottonHarvest wrote:
Mikey wrote:I took PT63 earlier this morning but just scored it..

Exp LR: -2 (PT20 S1)
LR: -0
LG: -3 (?)
LR: -2 (felt like a -4 or -5 though tbh)
RC: -8 (typical, fuck RC. also, I can't read apparently so there's that)
PT 63 is on my schedule for tomorrow!
Won't say which game, but I surprisingly found one game in particular to be pretty tough even though it looks extremely basic.. -2 on it alone, smfh lol.

Gluteus

Bronze

Post by Gluteus » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:16 pm

I just officially registered for the September LSAT.

Things are beginning to feel very real now. Yikes

Barry grandpapy

Bronze

Post by Barry grandpapy » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:53 pm

PT 63
LR1: -0
LG: -0
LR2: -2
RC: -0

I drank way too much on that floating trip. God my head hurts.

caramelizedgod

New

Post by caramelizedgod » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:52 pm

Barry grandpapy wrote:PT 63

So when u do ur lsat, can we trade?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Bartlet4President

New

Post by Bartlet4President » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:50 pm

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:08 pm

You're a god

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:25 pm

Mikey wrote:

You're a god
Hmm Correlation or causation... Im thinking causation 8)

Badass score. Good work

Gluteus

Bronze

Post by Gluteus » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:30 am

Study progress for July 20th:
Did 13/13 of the Cambridge packets in-out games and reviewed the set ups using 7Sage's videos
Did 13/20 of the complex ordering games

I am now at 26/288 LG before I begin my LR prep

It's interesting how easy ordering games are after having focused on more difficult game types for the last few weeks. I had zero difficulty with the 13 complex ordering games I did today, and I'm fairly confident of the remaining 7 I will find a maximum of 2 of them to be difficult. I also know from past experience that only 1 of the basic ordering games from the Cambridge packets I find difficult and none of the relative ordering games. This combined with the fact that ordering games are 50% of the LG makes me quite pleased with my progress.

On a side note, I am pleased that there exists transfer-ability of progress between game types. Even though different games have different set ups/questions/inferences there exist a number of common skills and mental processes that are used regardless of the game type.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:42 am

someone on 7sage mentioned this when they asked LSAC about the watch situation:

"The change went into effect starting with the June 2017 LSAT, and the reasoning is simply that the official time is kept by the room supervisor. Timers of any kind are not permitted. As stated, non-digital, analog watches are permitted in the test center. This would be the traditional kind with an hour & a minute hand (seconds hand is fine as well) whose purpose is to tell time & not to time something with a dedicated start/stop functionality. With this in mind, the 180watch would no longer be allowed, however the Casio, Top Tier, and Perfect Score watches would be permitted."

but hold up, isn't the perfect score watch the SAME SHIT as the MM and 180 watch?!?!?!?!

Ira Hayes

New

Post by Ira Hayes » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:17 am

Mikey wrote:someone on 7sage mentioned this when they asked LSAC about the watch situation:

"The change went into effect starting with the June 2017 LSAT, and the reasoning is simply that the official time is kept by the room supervisor. Timers of any kind are not permitted. As stated, non-digital, analog watches are permitted in the test center. This would be the traditional kind with an hour & a minute hand (seconds hand is fine as well) whose purpose is to tell time & not to time something with a dedicated start/stop functionality. With this in mind, the 180watch would no longer be allowed, however the Casio, Top Tier, and Perfect Score watches would be permitted."

but hold up, isn't the perfect score watch the SAME SHIT as the MM and 180 watch?!?!?!?!
I'm just going to bring mine and trash it if they say I can't take it in. Not like it'll be worth much not that they're banned anyways.

Impressionist

Bronze

Post by Impressionist » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:48 am

Perfect Score is the same thing as 180. I don't trust what that person said on 7sage. We need a official statement from LSAC.

somebodyelse

New

Post by somebodyelse » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:53 am

Impressionist wrote:Perfect Score is the same thing as 180. I don't trust what that person said on 7sage. We need a official statement from LSAC.
Perfect Score isn't a chronograph though. Mastermind and 180 are chronograph based watches.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:05 pm

somebodyelse wrote:
Impressionist wrote:Perfect Score is the same thing as 180. I don't trust what that person said on 7sage. We need a official statement from LSAC.
Perfect Score isn't a chronograph though. Mastermind and 180 are chronograph based watches.
so is the perfect watch like a normal watch in terms of the little button? like, to reset it do you spin it like a normal watch unlike MM or 180?

Aptony

New

Post by Aptony » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:19 pm

Gluteus wrote:
Aptony wrote:
Gluteus wrote:Dear diary,

I just went to the library and printed out the following from the Cambridge LG:

In out grouping x3 (13x3 = 39 games)
Undetermined assignment x 3 (28 x 3 = 84 games)
Determined assignment x2 (23x2 = 46 games)
Simple ordering (24 games)
Grouping (19 games)
Complex ordering x2 (20x2 = 40 games)
Miscellaneous x2 (18x2 = 36 games)
Total = 288 games

My plan is to
(1) Complete the sections I printed duplicates of
(2) After the duplicates are taken care of do all 7 sections (I'm not bothering with relative ordering) timed. Any game where I miss a question or take too long re-print 5 copies to drill later.

This should take me around two weeks. At which point my daily preparation switches to 3-4 hours of LR and 35 minutes to an hour of LG where I either do a timed section or drill 4-6 reprints

I feel bad for the people who queued up print jobs after me. Poor bastards had to wait 15 minutes to get their 2 pages while my 350 pages printed out.
Where do you get enough LR to do 4 hrs/day? If I did that I would run out of sections on PTs???
Do you pay for the Cambridge LGs or have a link to where I can print some?
I was fortunate enough to purchase the Cambridge packets for all three sections before they stopped being sold. I also purchased paper copies or PDFs of various other PTs. In total I have around 75 PTs.

I'm unfortunately not knowledgeable about the best way to acquire real LSAT questions and PTs given the changes that took place since I originally gathered my materials for the LSAT
Well, dayum! Do you have pdf's you wouldn't mind sending me? (Or others for that matter)

Impressionist

Bronze

Post by Impressionist » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:21 pm

Mikey wrote:
somebodyelse wrote:
so is the perfect watch like a normal watch in terms of the little button? like, to reset it do you spin it like a normal watch unlike MM or 180?

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:32 pm

mE nAmE LsAc nO 180 oR Mm wAtCh bCuZ uNfAiiR uHhhH

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

tofuspeedstar

Platinum

Post by tofuspeedstar » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:33 pm

Mikey wrote:mE nAmE LsAc nO 180 oR Mm wAtCh bCuZ uNfAiiR uHhhH

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Yale, admit this man now.

somebodyelse

New

Post by somebodyelse » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:48 pm

Mikey wrote:
somebodyelse wrote:
https://vimeo.com/122070690

Yeah it just seems like a normal watch with colors. I don't actually own one but I was looking at the options before this news came out. The chrono options seemed worth it (before it was banned) but the perfect score is a waste of money for sure. Just buy a normal watch, set it to 12:00 before each section, and it's the same exact function, and you can actually wear it afterwards.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:51 pm

somebodyelse wrote:
Mikey wrote:
somebodyelse wrote:

Yeah it just seems like a normal watch with colors. I don't actually own one but I was looking at the options before this news came out. The chrono options seemed worth it (before it was banned) but the perfect score is a waste of money for sure. Just buy a normal watch, set it to 12:00 before each section, and it's the same exact function, and you can actually wear it afterwards.
yeah, a normal watch is the way to go from here on out I guess. I would still be very wary for using a PS watch since you may get a misinformed proctor who is an idiot and says you can't use it. That's what I slightly fear about this new rule tbh.. What if the proctor is misinformed and thinks all watches are banned? We have to rely on our proctors not to be dumb af since some of them barely know the damn rules.

somebodyelse

New

Post by somebodyelse » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:01 pm

Mikey wrote:
somebodyelse wrote:
Mikey wrote:
somebodyelse wrote:

yeah, a normal watch is the way to go from here on out I guess. I would still be very wary for using a PS watch since you may get a misinformed proctor who is an idiot and says you can't use it. That's what I slightly fear about this new rule tbh.. What if the proctor is misinformed and thinks all watches are banned? We have to rely on our proctors not to be dumb af since some of them barely know the damn rules.
Yeah, my guess is the proctors will be told to watch for mastermind/180 and since the PS will look similar to that they won't allow it. I actually just bought a chronograph for the lsat from prime day too..gonna return it. I have too many watches already anyways.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:24 pm

Those extra buttons on the side appear to be why the MM and 180 are dinged and the PS isn't. Watches don't have those

somebodyelse

New

Post by somebodyelse » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:27 pm

chargers21 wrote:Those extra buttons on the side appear to be why the MM and 180 are dinged and the PS isn't. Watches don't have those
Chronographs do (which is what is banned and what the MM and 180 use), I actually purchased a non lsat specific chrono for the lsat and I guess I'll return it now.

contrapositivity

New

Post by contrapositivity » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:50 pm

I have a quick question...usually when I do the first logical reasoning section in a PT, I'll get -3 or -4. The second section, I almost always get -8 or -9. Does anyone else have similar experiences (perhaps it's fatigue...) or any ideas on how to combat this? Thank you so much!

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:11 pm

Mikey wrote:
somebodyelse wrote:
Oh yeah I have a Perfect Score watch too and didn't even think of that!!! Yesssss

I had been using my MM but got the perfect score as a gift and was going to try it and see how it fared compared to the MM, but guess that decision was made easy for me lol

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”