The Official September 2017 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Are you ready for tomorrow?!?!?!

FUCK YES
40%
Yeah, kind of
16%
Ehh, hoping for the best
14%
Not prepared but screw it
6%
HAHAHA I'M NOT EVEN TAKING THE LSAT, SUCKS FOR YOU GUYS
24%

Total votes: 50

oopsu812

Silver

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Post by oopsu812 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:38 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:Got to get Putin to uncomfortable situations sometimes to prosper.

I'm sorry.
I'm glad you started to post
Me too.
Makes 3 of us. It's cathartic to post here for a neurotic like me. :lol:
Srs for a second. Do you think TLS attracts the neurotic types? I reread the 2016 study group and 2 people got a decent nights sleep and were very worried.
I think any forum that has to do with academics attracts the neurotic types. :P I'd imagine the average student doesn't study 5 months for the LSAT, or spend an hour a day tracking the cycles of people with similar stats as them, or obsess over every minute detail of their application. That's probably also why there are a lot of incredibly intelligent and top notch applicants on TLS.

dj9i27

Gold

Post by dj9i27 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:44 pm

oopsu812 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:Got to get Putin to uncomfortable situations sometimes to prosper.

I'm sorry.
Me too.
Srs for a second. Do you think TLS attracts the neurotic types? I reread the 2016 study group and 2 people got a decent nights sleep and were very worried.
I think any forum that has to do with academics attracts the neurotic types. :P I'd imagine the average student doesn't study 5 months for the LSAT, or spend an hour a day tracking the cycles of people with similar stats as them, or obsess over every minute detail of their application. That's probably also why there are a lot of incredibly intelligent and top notch applicants on TLS.
we still 6 months out homie, don't put that juju on me. We all obsess over cycles, YP, scholarships, named scholarships...
and I'm dum so don't mistake me for intelligence.

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:49 pm

oopsu812 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

I'm sorry.
Me too.
^ Agree 100%.

oopsu812

Silver

Post by oopsu812 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:20 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

I'm sorry.
Me too.
we still 6 months out homie, don't put that juju on me. We all obsess over cycles, YP, scholarships, named scholarships...
and I'm dum so don't mistake me for intelligence.
All us on TLS for sure, but I know people irl who have no idea about things as basic as LSAT/GPA medians and employment statistics. Also, don't sell yourself short, you're smrt, not dum.

dj9i27

Gold

Post by dj9i27 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:24 pm

oopsu812 wrote:
All us on TLS for sure, but I know people irl who have no idea about things as basic as LSAT/GPA medians and employment statistics. Also, don't sell yourself short, you're smrt, not dum.
Ugh, GPA. I will repent as much as I can for my GPA sins; this fellow remains my Shepard http://lawschoolnumbers.com/CalSplitter13

I remember the day before Sept2016 I was sitting in the library trying to decompress and some UGlings were studying. I overheard them say, "we'll be okay, we studied for like 3 weeks." I didn't know whether to be anxious or just raise my eyebrow more.

Dis me:
[+] Spoiler

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:34 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Ugh, GPA. I will repent as much as I can for my GPA sins; this fellow remains my Shepard http://lawschoolnumbers.com/CalSplitter13

I remember the day before Sept2016 I was sitting in the library trying to decompress and some UGlings were studying. I overheard them say, "we'll be okay, we studied for like 3 weeks." I didn't know whether to be anxious or just raise my eyebrow more.

Dis me:
[+] Spoiler
I'm totally fucking myself over GPA-wise. Hate myself for this already.
No more essays written <1 day.

dj9i27

Gold

Post by dj9i27 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:35 pm

Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:

Dis me:
[+] Spoiler
wanna trade gpas?

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:37 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:

Dis me:
[+] Spoiler
wanna trade gpas?
.... sry m8.

dj9i27

Gold

Post by dj9i27 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:38 pm

Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:

Dis me:
[+] Spoiler
wanna trade gpas?
.... sry m8.
Lmao you're good. staying on top of the rock is hard, I've been there

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

oopsu812

Silver

Post by oopsu812 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:39 pm

I feel you guys. My GPA is very much up in the air at this point unfortunately. Could (realistically) swing anywhere between 3.6 and 3.9.

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:40 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:

Dis me:
[+] Spoiler
wanna trade gpas?
.... sry m8.
I haven't gotten anything below an A- since first year and always of my GPA calculations are based off it staying that way. But it's very possible I'll slip and goddamnit.

dj9i27

Gold

Post by dj9i27 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:40 pm

oopsu812 wrote:I feel you guys. My GPA is very much up in the air at this point unfortunately. Could (realistically) swing anywhere between 3.6 and 3.9.
swing toward the latter and a 174 will get you lots of full rides

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:41 pm

oopsu812 wrote:I feel you guys. My GPA is very much up in the air at this point unfortunately. Could (realistically) swing anywhere between 3.6 and 3.9.
What year are you Oopsus?
Agree with DJ. Try to get it 3.8+. That's the floor for a lot of things if you have a high LSAT. 3.9+ and you'll be better off.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

dj9i27

Gold

Post by dj9i27 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:41 pm

Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:

Dis me:
[+] Spoiler
wanna trade gpas?
.... sry m8.
I haven't gotten anything below an A- since first year and always of my GPA calculations are based off it staying that way. But it's very possible I'll slip and goddamnit.
you're close to the end tho right? just hang on and you'll be good.

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:42 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote: Ugh, GPA. I will repent as much as I can for my GPA sins; this fellow remains my Shepard http://lawschoolnumbers.com/CalSplitter13

Dis me:
[+] Spoiler
wanna trade gpas?
.... sry m8.
you're close to the end tho right? just hang on and you'll be good.
Year and half m8. (By 'half' I mean like 3 weeks).

I'm thinking I'll prob do the easy route next year but I'm gonna have to do some thinking.

dj9i27

Gold

Post by dj9i27 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:45 pm

Alexandros wrote:
I'm taking the easy route next year.
Yeah that's a good idea. You've already got the LSAT and GPA so at this point it's about maintenance.

oopsu812

Silver

Post by oopsu812 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:52 pm

Alexandros wrote:
Agree with DJ. Try to get it 3.8+. That's the floor for a lot of things if you have a high LSAT. 3.9+ and you'll be better off.
I'm going into my 3rd year, but I changed my program, so I'll be doing 5 years ultimately. Taking the maximum course load in the summers so that I'm done in 2 though.

Yeah, 3.8+ is my target. I figure with a high LSAT that I could have a decent shot everywhere with that.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

dj9i27

Gold

Post by dj9i27 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:58 pm

oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:I feel you guys. My GPA is very much up in the air at this point unfortunately. Could (realistically) swing anywhere between 3.6this close to me so, no bold and 3.9.
I'm going into my 3rd year, but I changed my program, so I'll be doing 5 years ultimately. Taking the maximum course load in the summers so that I'm done in 2 though.

Yeah, 3.8+ is my target. I figure with a high LSAT that I could have a decent shot everywhere with that.
[+] Spoiler
[youtube]1d4C1ZQKmw4[/youtube]

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:08 pm

oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:

Yeah with 175+ and 3.8+ you'll have a very fair shot at a Hammy and an ok shot at Ruby, Dillard, and most of the other full-rides. Likely in everywhere except YS, barring YP.

oopsu812

Silver

Post by oopsu812 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:15 pm

Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:

Yeah with 175+ and 3.8+ you'll have a very fair shot at a Hammy and an ok shot at Ruby, Dillard, and most of the other full-rides. Likely in everywhere except YS, barring YP.
I wish YS were more predictable. I like being able to somewhat confidently predict the others.

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:16 pm

oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:

I wish YS were more predictable. I like being able to somewhat confidently predict the others.
:lol: Me too, my friend, me too.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

littlewing67

Silver

Post by littlewing67 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:40 pm

Last edited by littlewing67 on Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dj9i27

Gold

Post by dj9i27 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:54 pm

littlewing67 wrote:What are you fellows doing on this fine Friday night? :D
meal prep for the week, checking my lift numbers and adding 5lbs to each whilst writing set rep ranges, and being a nerd with the lsat. hbu

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:55 pm

Oh jesus christ this fucking thing is on the other side of the city. I thought it was like a ten minute walk.

littlewing67

Silver

Post by littlewing67 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:56 pm

Last edited by littlewing67 on Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”