The Official September 2017 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Are you ready for tomorrow?!?!?!

FUCK YES
40%
Yeah, kind of
16%
Ehh, hoping for the best
14%
Not prepared but screw it
6%
HAHAHA I'M NOT EVEN TAKING THE LSAT, SUCKS FOR YOU GUYS
24%

Total votes: 50

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:18 pm

tofuspeedstar wrote:
Mikey wrote:mE nAmE LsAc nO 180 oR Mm wAtCh bCuZ uNfAiiR uHhhH

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Yale, admit this man now.

Desiigner

New

Post by Desiigner » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:44 pm

jagerbom79 wrote:
Mikey wrote:
somebodyelse wrote:
Impressionist wrote:Perfect Score is the same thing as 180. I don't trust what that person said on 7sage. We need a official statement from LSAC.
Perfect Score isn't a chronograph though. Mastermind and 180 are chronograph based watches.
so is the perfect watch like a normal watch in terms of the little button? like, to reset it do you spin it like a normal watch unlike MM or 180?
Oh yeah I have a Perfect Score watch too and didn't even think of that!!! Yesssss

I had been using my MM but got the perfect score as a gift and was going to try it and see how it fared compared to the MM, but guess that decision was made easy for me lol

Is the 180 watch allowed? I purchased one ladt year and had planned to use it...

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:47 pm

Desiigner wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:
Mikey wrote:
somebodyelse wrote:
Impressionist wrote:Perfect Score is the same thing as 180. I don't trust what that person said on 7sage. We need a official statement from LSAC.
Perfect Score isn't a chronograph though. Mastermind and 180 are chronograph based watches.
so is the perfect watch like a normal watch in terms of the little button? like, to reset it do you spin it like a normal watch unlike MM or 180?
Oh yeah I have a Perfect Score watch too and didn't even think of that!!! Yesssss

I had been using my MM but got the perfect score as a gift and was going to try it and see how it fared compared to the MM, but guess that decision was made easy for me lol

Is the 180 watch allowed? I purchased one ladt year and had planned to use it...
Nope, it's banned

Silver

Post by AvatarMeelo » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:03 pm

contrapositivity wrote:I have a quick question...usually when I do the first logical reasoning section in a PT, I'll get -3 or -4. The second section, I almost always get -8 or -9. Does anyone else have similar experiences (perhaps it's fatigue...) or any ideas on how to combat this? Thank you so much!
Meeeeeeeeee. Fatigue probably!

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:07 pm

clueless801 wrote:
contrapositivity wrote:I have a quick question...usually when I do the first logical reasoning section in a PT, I'll get -3 or -4. The second section, I almost always get -8 or -9. Does anyone else have similar experiences (perhaps it's fatigue...) or any ideas on how to combat this? Thank you so much!
Meeeeeeeeee. Fatigue probably!
Yeah sounds like fatigue... drilling and PTing will eventually mitigate this

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

caramelizedgod

New

Post by caramelizedgod » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:50 pm

Aptony wrote:
Gluteus wrote:
Aptony wrote:
Gluteus wrote:Dear diary,

I just went to the library and printed out the following from the Cambridge LG:

In out grouping x3 (13x3 = 39 games)
Undetermined assignment x 3 (28 x 3 = 84 games)
Determined assignment x2 (23x2 = 46 games)
Simple ordering (24 games)
Grouping (19 games)
Complex ordering x2 (20x2 = 40 games)
Miscellaneous x2 (18x2 = 36 games)
Total = 288 games

My plan is to
(1) Complete the sections I printed duplicates of
(2) After the duplicates are taken care of do all 7 sections (I'm not bothering with relative ordering) timed. Any game where I miss a question or take too long re-print 5 copies to drill later.

This should take me around two weeks. At which point my daily preparation switches to 3-4 hours of LR and 35 minutes to an hour of LG where I either do a timed section or drill 4-6 reprints

I feel bad for the people who queued up print jobs after me. Poor bastards had to wait 15 minutes to get their 2 pages while my 350 pages printed out.
Where do you get enough LR to do 4 hrs/day? If I did that I would run out of sections on PTs???
Do you pay for the Cambridge LGs or have a link to where I can print some?
I was fortunate enough to purchase the Cambridge packets for all three sections before they stopped being sold. I also purchased paper copies or PDFs of various other PTs. In total I have around 75 PTs.

I'm unfortunately not knowledgeable about the best way to acquire real LSAT questions and PTs given the changes that took place since I originally gathered my materials for the LSAT
Well, dayum! Do you have pdf's you wouldn't mind sending me? (Or others for that matter)
Prob shouldn't be asking for PDFs but I will say that all PDFs are available online to purchase or otherwise...

caramelizedgod

New

Post by caramelizedgod » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:53 pm

Eh eventually as ur improving this will get better and if it doesn't than I'd say it could also be in ur head because ur expecting to do worse etc.

caramelizedgod

New

Post by caramelizedgod » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:54 pm

jagerbom79 wrote:
Mikey wrote:
somebodyelse wrote:

I'd prob take a backup watch to the test if I were u. Also be familiar with it.

Barry grandpapy

Bronze

Post by Barry grandpapy » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:55 pm

PT 50
RC: -4
LR1: -0
LG: -0
LR2: -0

It's 100 fu#$ing degrees outside, but Chipotle is worth it.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anon-e-miss

Bronze

Post by Anon-e-miss » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:12 pm

Barry grandpapy wrote:PT 50

Are you retaking or will be september be your first attempt?
Last edited by Anon-e-miss on Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

creed

Bronze

Post by creed » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:19 pm

PT "B"

LR1: -3
LG: -4
RC: -2
LR2: -1

The LG section was rough. Three games that 7sage rates at the highest difficulty level kicked my ass. By the end of July, I want to be consistently coming in below -2 on LG.

I feel solid about everything else. RC was normal but I'm feeling more comfortable each time I complete an RC section. Dinged a dumb question on a science passage. I began reading Anthony Kenny's New History of Western Philosophy which has helped out on the more dense history and social science reading sections, so I think I'm going to start reading Scientific American or something to get more comfortable with the natural science passages.

I felt much stronger on LR and can feel myself improving at the question types as I drill them. (Normally I miss a tough weaken/strength question, but after drilling the question type sets, I breezed through them). After a month or so, my ability to work through the tougher questions has advanced. Hoping that the same will be true with the other types as I work through it.

Overall, a steep curve for what felt like an abnormally hard test. But it's my first break into the range I'd like to be scoring come September. Celebrating by going to see Dunkirk tonight. There's nothing like a Nolan war pic to make my obsession with the details of the LSAT feel snobby.

Barry grandpapy

Bronze

Post by Barry grandpapy » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:20 pm

Anon-e-miss wrote:
Barry grandpapy wrote:PT 50

Are you retaking or will be september be your first attempt?
I'm retaking. I took it last fall.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:47 pm

creed wrote:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anon-e-miss

Bronze

Post by Anon-e-miss » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:52 pm

creed wrote:PT "B"

Overall, a steep curve for what felt like an abnormally hard test. But it's my first break into the range I'd like to be scoring come September. Celebrating by going to see Dunkirk tonight. There's nothing like a Nolan war pic to make my obsession with the details of the LSAT feel snobby.
Congrats on breaking past the 172 hurdle! I'm also seeing Dunkirk tonight 8)
Last edited by Anon-e-miss on Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

abujabal

Bronze

Post by abujabal » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:38 pm

Took PT 63 today because it seems like that's what everyone was doing. Felt great, skipped a Blind Review because I was anxious to find out my results:

PT 63

LR1: -1
LG: -2
LR2: -3

Score: 171

This is a wonderful feeling. After last week's PT, I seriously was not sure that I would even be able to climb back into the 165+ range, let alone 170. This is my highest PT yet, and hopefully my new baseline if I maintain my study habits? A bit frustrating looking through though, and seeing that I could have -0d both LG and RC with a little more focus/attention. Also simultaneously found out that my study abroad will be included in my CAS GPA which is a whole +0.05 which is dope.

Things to note, however, are that I totally bombed my experimental LG thanks to an In/Out and a tricky grouping game. Worth noting for future studying, because I don't want that LG to have a range of -2/-8. But that's a problem for Sunday, The rest of the day is off, and I'll be doing fuck-all tomorrow (for the LSAT) as well. Next week is for getting In/Out straightened...

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:00 pm

abujabal wrote:Took PT 63 today because it seems like that's what everyone was doing. Felt great, skipped a Blind Review because I was anxious to find out my results:

PT 63

LR1: -1
LG: -2
LR2: -3

Score: 171

This is a wonderful feeling. After last week's PT, I seriously was not sure that I would even be able to climb back into the 165+ range, let alone 170. This is my highest PT yet, and hopefully my new baseline if I maintain my study habits? A bit frustrating looking through though, and seeing that I could have -0d both LG and RC with a little more focus/attention. Also simultaneously found out that my study abroad will be included in my CAS GPA which is a whole +0.05 which is dope.

Things to note, however, are that I totally bombed my experimental LG thanks to an In/Out and a tricky grouping game. Worth noting for future studying, because I don't want that LG to have a range of -2/-8. But that's a problem for Sunday, The rest of the day is off, and I'll be doing fuck-all tomorrow (for the LSAT) as well. Next week is for getting In/Out straightened...
Awesome! Crushing it. If you can get that LG to -0 you will be in prime 175+

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:01 pm

Do you guys blind review sections you drill?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Barry grandpapy

Bronze

Post by Barry grandpapy » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:49 am

jagerbom79 wrote:Do you guys blind review sections you drill?
I usually only go over the ones I miss. But there are sometimes questions that I circle even if i know the right answer but feel unsatisfied with why I eliminated one of the wrong ACs.

By the way Ozark is a great Netflix show you should all check out.

thepsychedelic

Bronze

Post by thepsychedelic » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:06 am

So I took a practice test and did pretty well on it and then I was looking through some of my old test material and found that I did the test over a year ago, but didn't remember any of the questions or even taking it. How inflated do you think my second score was?
Last edited by thepsychedelic on Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:14 am

Barry grandpapy wrote:
I usually only go over the ones I miss. But there are sometimes questions that I circle even if i know the right answer but feel unsatisfied with why I eliminated one of the wrong ACs.

Okay, thats what I've been doing. If I am not 100% certain my answer is correct, I circle and review to make sure my logic was on point and I understand it thoroughly.

Barry grandpapy

Bronze

Post by Barry grandpapy » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:21 am

jagerbom79 wrote:
Barry grandpapy wrote:

Okay, thats what I've been doing. If I am not 100% certain my answer is correct, I circle and review to make sure my logic was on point and I understand it thoroughly.

One last thing I want to add. I'd suggest doing this particularly for RC. LR and LG can become easily mechanical, but RC can too if you work at it.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Barry grandpapy

Bronze

Post by Barry grandpapy » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:32 am

How does this show only have 3 stars, wtf

ScamMan101

New

Post by ScamMan101 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:30 am

boutttta make this test my bitch doe

Par0lEvid3nce

New

Post by Par0lEvid3nce » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:49 am

Hi everyone! Just joining in. SoCal native and crossing my fingers for one of the UC law schools.

How is everyone drilling/reviewing for the September test? and how often is everyone taking a practice test? I need to work on timing LOL

PT 58
LR -3
RC -2
LG -3
LR -3
Exp (rc) -2

170 =)

tapenade

New

Post by tapenade » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:25 am

Par0lEvid3nce wrote:Hi everyone! Just joining in. SoCal native and crossing my fingers for one of the UC law schools.

How is everyone drilling/reviewing for the September test? and how often is everyone taking a practice test? I need to work on timing LOL

PT 58
LR -3
RC -2
LG -3
LR -3
Exp (rc) -2

170 =)
Welcome! East coast native pining for CA schools as well, good luck to both of us :). I'm also working on timing! It's the hardest part!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”