Why tf not?
19%
What's in September?
13%

Total votes: 116

Alexandros

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Postby Alexandros » Fri May 19, 2017 6:57 pm

Last edited by Alexandros on Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oopsu812

Postby oopsu812 » Fri May 19, 2017 6:59 pm

dm1683 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
dm1683 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
dm1683 wrote:
TWiiX wrote:Trump's departure is.. I'm gonna say before the september lsat.

Agreed. although being LGBT I am not overly excited for President Pence.

It'll surely be a shock to the system. I'll see you at camp.

I wonder what the bathroom situation will be like there.

I reckon once our brains are fried we'll just go in the coop.

I was making a very oblique reference to the bathroom bills. I suppose they will do genital inspections, no?

Yeah, I know, I just couldn't think of a clever reply that wasn't also incredibly depressing. :(

twiix

Postby twiix » Fri May 19, 2017 7:14 pm

dm1683 wrote:

The way things are shaping up, I bet Trump, Pence, and Ryan all get the boot. Welcome to the White House, President Hatch. (the dude's 83.. I have a huge issue with politicians being this old, because there is no way they can keep up with current topics like FUCKING NET NEUTRALITY BECAUSE THEY DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT INTERNET IS OR HOW IT WORKS)

sorry, rant over.

Alexandros

Postby Alexandros » Fri May 19, 2017 7:28 pm

Last edited by Alexandros on Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

twiix

Postby twiix » Fri May 19, 2017 7:32 pm

Alexandros wrote:
TWiiX wrote:
dm1683 wrote:

The way things are shaping up, I bet Trump, Pence, and Ryan all get the boot. Welcome to the White House, President Hatch. (the dude's 83.. I have a huge issue with politicians being this old, because there is no way they can keep up with current topics like FUCKING NET NEUTRALITY BECAUSE THEY DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT INTERNET IS OR HOW IT WORKS)

sorry, rant over.

Paul Ryan needs to get a fucking spine.

You spelled John McCain wrong.

chewinggum

Postby chewinggum » Fri May 19, 2017 7:46 pm

A friend of mine graduated from my UG law school today.

Found my motivation.

hushpuppy

Postby hushpuppy » Fri May 19, 2017 7:56 pm

Just tried taking the June 2007 PT and the first LG section threw me so hard - specifically the "if" questions - that the timer ran out with 7 not even answered. I have become so mortified that I have decided to scratch the entire diagnostic. I feel like death. :mrgreen:

oopsu812

Postby oopsu812 » Fri May 19, 2017 8:03 pm

hushpuppy wrote:Just tried taking the June 2007 PT and the first LG section threw me so hard - specifically the "if" questions - that the timer ran out with 7 not even answered. I have become so mortified that I have decided to scratch the entire diagnostic. I feel like death. :mrgreen:

I wouldn't worry too much about the LG section, to be honest. No one really knows how to tackle the games before they start studying. It's the easiest to learn though!

twiix

Postby twiix » Fri May 19, 2017 8:42 pm

I should be studying or like reviewing content for this test tomorrow.. But I have no more fucks to give. Watching my cavs stomp boston and going to sleep relaxed. No reason to stress about this nonsense when I can't even bring my own writing utensils. How can they expect us to perform when they give us sTTTore brand pencils?

dj9i27

Postby dj9i27 » Fri May 19, 2017 9:19 pm

TWiiX wrote:I should be studying or like reviewing content for this test tomorrow.. But I have no more fucks to give. Watching my cavs stomp boston and going to sleep relaxed. No reason to stress about this nonsense when I can't even bring my own writing utensils. How can they expect us to perform when they give us sTTTore brand pencils?

Holy hell LG is going to go from-0 to -18 if we don't get paper

34iplaw

Postby 34iplaw » Fri May 19, 2017 9:30 pm

TWiiX wrote:I should be studying or like reviewing content for this test tomorrow.. But I have no more fucks to give. Watching my cavs stomp boston and going to sleep relaxed. No reason to stress about this nonsense when I can't even bring my own writing utensils. How can they expect us to perform when they give us sTTTore brand pencils?

Wait wot? I should probably read the ticket.

twiix

Postby twiix » Fri May 19, 2017 9:37 pm

34iplaw wrote:

They provide scrap paper and writing utensils. The stub says that "any writing utensil not provided by lsac is prohibited".

Also @dj, the tablet has a stylus.. so you can write on the screen for LG, which shouldn't be too awful compared to paper. But I'd still lean towards the pencil and paper more than likely just out of hesitation of their software going broked

34iplaw

Postby 34iplaw » Fri May 19, 2017 9:40 pm

Well, time to look at some LR for the first time since December. LOL.

LG first.

hushpuppy

Postby hushpuppy » Fri May 19, 2017 10:04 pm

TWiiX wrote:
34iplaw wrote:

They provide scrap paper and writing utensils. The stub says that "any writing utensil not provided by lsac is prohibited".

Also @dj, the tablet has a stylus.. so you can write on the screen for LG, which shouldn't be too awful compared to paper. But I'd still lean towards the pencil and paper more than likely just out of hesitation of their software going broked

What'zzz the point of this test you guys are taking tomorrow? I mean, other than more practice, obviously. Didn't someone mention it is "digital?" Or did I just imagine reading that somewhere.

34iplaw

Postby 34iplaw » Fri May 19, 2017 10:27 pm

It's just practice. Also new questions for those of us that have done copious amounts of tests. Prep Test A -2 with time to spare but the two were transcription errors :| lol. Granted, I'm in bed lying down so whatever haha.

ngogirl12

Postby ngogirl12 » Fri May 19, 2017 10:37 pm

TWiiX wrote:
34iplaw wrote:

All this is the motivation I needed to study like hell, so I don't get stuck with the digital version of the test. I look forward to reading everyone's reports from the digital test tomorrow.

ngogirl12

Postby ngogirl12 » Fri May 19, 2017 10:39 pm

hushpuppy wrote:
TWiiX wrote:
34iplaw wrote:

What'zzz the point of this test you guys are taking tomorrow? I mean, other than more practice, obviously. Didn't someone mention it is "digital?" Or did I just imagine reading that somewhere.

I think it's to get a feel for what it would be like to be in the digital format, in case the LSAT goes digital sooner rather than later. They are not offering it in my area, otherwise I would be taking this pilot test too!

hushpuppy

Postby hushpuppy » Fri May 19, 2017 10:42 pm

ngogirl12 wrote:
hushpuppy wrote:
TWiiX wrote:
34iplaw wrote:

I think it's to get a feel for what it would be like to be in the digital format, in case the LSAT goes digital sooner rather than later. They are not offering it in my area, otherwise I would be taking this pilot test too!

I see. So you still have to take it at a testing site?

ngogirl12

Postby ngogirl12 » Fri May 19, 2017 10:55 pm

hushpuppy wrote:
ngogirl12 wrote:
hushpuppy wrote:
TWiiX wrote:
34iplaw wrote:

Yeah, I think so. There are different locations for the pilot test, and I'm sure it is at a specific testing site.

MediocreAtBest

Postby MediocreAtBest » Fri May 19, 2017 11:23 pm

ngogirl12 wrote:
hushpuppy wrote:
ngogirl12 wrote:
hushpuppy wrote:
TWiiX wrote:
34iplaw wrote:

Yeah, I think so. There are different locations for the pilot test, and I'm sure it is at a specific testing site.

We also get a $100 gift card for doing the test. Beers on LSAC afterwards.

blackmamba8

Postby blackmamba8 » Sat May 20, 2017 12:38 am

If we get to use the stylus to mark up the test I don't think it will be too bad. My biggest concern about going digital is not being able to cross out wrong answer choices. I rely on that quite a bit, especially on LR. If that's still available then I should be fine, although sometimes I zone out when I'm reading on a computer instead of paper.

dj9i27

Postby dj9i27 » Sat May 20, 2017 5:21 am

whoo boy I am tired, got another 2.5 hours to drive, pull3d over for a energy drink and realized I left my mastermind at home, Walgreens has cheap watches so, great.

anxious about RC and LG. Games is rusty but lr should be good, if I am on my A game 168-172 if the tablet sucks 160-167

totally not napping in my car after

twiix

Postby twiix » Sat May 20, 2017 6:36 am

dj9i27 wrote:whoo boy I am tired, got another 2.5 hours to drive, pull3d over for a energy drink and realized I left my mastermind at home, Walgreens has cheap watches so, great.

anxious about RC and LG. Games is rusty but lr should be good, if I am on my A game 168-172 if the tablet sucks 160-167

I read that the tablet will display the time remaining up in the corner of the screen.. so maybe analog watches are a thing of the past. I'm taking mine either way to get used to it though (haven't put this bad boy through battle tested scenarios yet)

dj9i27

Postby dj9i27 » Sat May 20, 2017 6:39 am

TWiiX wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:whoo boy I am tired, got another 2.5 hours to drive, pull3d over for a energy drink and realized I left my mastermind at home, Walgreens has cheap watches so, great.

I read that the tablet will display the time remaining up in the corner of the screen.. so maybe analog watches are a thing of the past. I'm taking mine either way to get used to it though (haven't put this bad boy through battle tested scenarios yet)

did you bring pencils?

Npret

Postby Npret » Sat May 20, 2017 7:03 am

Good luck on the computer test.
Will you get scores instantly like it's the GRE or maybe not because it's a pilot program? That is a big advantage of the GRE in knowing your score as soon as you finish.
I'm sure you all will crush it.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”