The Official September 2017 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Are you ready for tomorrow?!?!?!

FUCK YES
40%
Yeah, kind of
16%
Ehh, hoping for the best
14%
Not prepared but screw it
6%
HAHAHA I'M NOT EVEN TAKING THE LSAT, SUCKS FOR YOU GUYS
24%

Total votes: 50

oopsu812

Silver

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Post by oopsu812 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:33 pm

TWiiX wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
TWiiX wrote:Speaking of dogs.. I get my new puppy in 3 weeks from the breeder. So so so so excited. She's adorable.
I'm expecting pics in 3 weeks. What breed?
Chocolate Labradoodle. Gf is allergic, and these things dont shed whatsoever. Win-win since I hate vacuuming.

Here's the most recent picture of our little furball from the breeder
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
I WANT. I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:34 pm

TWiiX wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
TWiiX wrote:Speaking of dogs.. I get my new puppy in 3 weeks from the breeder. So so so so excited. She's adorable.
Chocolate Labradoodle. Gf is allergic, and these things dont shed whatsoever. Win-win since I hate vacuuming.

[+] Spoiler
HALP
SO CUTE
SO PRECIOUS

twiix

Silver

Post by twiix » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:35 pm

oopsu812 wrote:
TWiiX wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
I WANT. I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.I WANT.
I'll bring her to Yehlol Stanford Cooley.. so join me for LS at the greatest, most preftigious place around and we can share.

twiix

Silver

Post by twiix » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:38 pm

I've gotten absolutely no studying done this week due to being sick and RL bullshit commitments. Someone just needs to sit this damn test for me.. I wish I was sitting on a 17x and could just lurk the forums all day :x

ThatOneAfrican

New

Post by ThatOneAfrican » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:43 pm

TWiiX wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

That is the cutest thing I've ever seen. And I've seen a lot of cute things. I don't think dogs like me very much tho. Was petting one the other day and then it started to growl. Then it ran in the other direction. Owner tried to say it wasn't me, it was the dog. But it was probably me.
(Also I can't quote pics apparently)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

oopsu812

Silver

Post by oopsu812 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:44 pm

TWiiX wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
TWiiX wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
I'll bring her to Yehlol Stanford Cooley.. so join me for LS at the greatest, most preftigious place around and we can share.
I will. Dogs are so amazing for stress relief, that I'll be actively seeking out people with dogs to be friends with. 8)

ThatOneAfrican

New

Post by ThatOneAfrican » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:48 pm

TWiiX wrote:I've gotten absolutely no studying done this week due to being sick and RL bullshit commitments. Someone just needs to sit this damn test for me.. I wish I was sitting on a 17x and could just lurk the forums all day :x
I've completely given up on even attempting lsat practice before May. Come May it's prep, prep, and more prep (hopefully).

lurksoh4rd

New

Post by lurksoh4rd » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:31 am

Yeah I really want to take the september test but will definitely postpone if not PTing where I want. Shit has hit the fan for me with research, class, and work. Really looking forward to quitting my job and only taking one class over summer.

I noticed that the test date change is a month out from the test.
For you LSAT gods that are still in this thread, where did you stand at about eight, six, and four weeks out?

Lalalsat96

New

Post by Lalalsat96 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:37 am

I haven't been studying yet but I have a blueprint course in july for the September exam. Should I just waitfor my course or just start to work the Powerscore books i own early in the summer ? I know thr info won't match up but perhaps i will know something rather than nothing two months before the exam right?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

oopsu812

Silver

Post by oopsu812 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:45 am

I hate when musical festivals don't sell passes for just one day. I don't want to go to the whole thing. :(

Also, managed to register for two classes taught by the same prof. I'll be seeing her 12 hours a week, lol. Operation glowing LOR is a go! PRAISE STANNY.

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:54 am

Lalalsat96 wrote:I haven't been studying yet but I have a blueprint course in july for the September exam. Should I just waitfor my course or just start to work the Powerscore books i own early in the summer ? I know thr info won't match up but perhaps i will know something rather than nothing two months before the exam right?
definitely start now

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:57 am

chargers21 wrote:
Lalalsat96 wrote:I haven't been studying yet but I have a blueprint course in july for the September exam. Should I just waitfor my course or just start to work the Powerscore books i own early in the summer ? I know thr info won't match up but perhaps i will know something rather than nothing two months before the exam right?
definitely start now
+1
Beginning of May is a good time if right now doesn't work. wouldn't recommend holding off much longer than that though.

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:05 am

Last edited by Alexandros on Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Lalalsat96

New

Post by Lalalsat96 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:46 am

Alexandros wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
definitely start now
+1
Beginning of May is a good time if right now doesn't work. wouldn't recommend holding off much longer than that though.

I was thinking of this. Apologies for the many typos in my last post :| but thanks hopefully my 144 diagnostic was a fluke and somehow i will pull a 165+ by September. How have you all been working through the lsat Bibles ?? Do I just work through the books and start doing pt's with some blind review??

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:52 am

Lalalsat96 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
definitely start now
+1

I was thinking of this. Apologies for the many typos in my last post :| but thanks hopefully my 144 diagnostic was a fluke and somehow i will pull a 165+ by September. How have you all been working through the lsat Bibles ?? Do I just work through the books and start doing pt's with some blind review??
Diagnostics are like doing a calculus test before you learn calculus. Not indicative of your potential.

Imo, work through the Bibles and do the activities / answer questions / drill untimed, when you get better start timing individual games and such, then start timing individual sections. When you're scoring well on timed sections, start doing actual timed PTs. Before then, they're a waste.

lurksoh4rd

New

Post by lurksoh4rd » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:20 am

Alexandros wrote:
lurksoh4rd wrote:Yeah I really want to take the september test but will definitely postpone if not PTing where I want. Shit has hit the fan for me with research, class, and work. Really looking forward to quitting my job and only taking one class over summer.

For you LSAT gods that are still in this thread, where did you stand at about eight, six, and four weeks out?
If I'm a qualified respondent: Mostly the same. Hit a mid-170s plateau two and half months out (basically identical raw score for 9 PTs on end) that I didn't break until like 3 weeks before test day.
lol
How long was your prep overall? You have not posted your own guide, correct?

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:23 am

Has the official Sept. 2017 Study Group thread actually become... a study group?!?!?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

oopsu812

Silver

Post by oopsu812 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:32 am

brinicolec wrote:Has the official Sept. 2017 Study Group thread actually become... a study group?!?!?
I've been trying to prevent this sad day... but I think it may be. Fuck, now I'm going to have to read my MH books.

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:40 am

oopsu812 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:Has the official Sept. 2017 Study Group thread actually become... a study group?!?!?
I've been trying to prevent this sad day... but I think it may be. Fuck, now I'm going to have to read my MH books.
But..... I'm matriculating in less than two months..........

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:42 am

brinicolec wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
RETAKE. Get out those books, Bri.

oopsu812

Silver

Post by oopsu812 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:45 am

Alexandros wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
RETAKE. Get out those books, Bri.
+180

This is my first TLS meme. I'm so happy.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:55 am

lurksoh4rd wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
lurksoh4rd wrote:Yeah I really want to take the september test but will definitely postpone if not PTing where I want. Shit has hit the fan for me with research, class, and work. Really looking forward to quitting my job and only taking one class over summer.

If I'm a qualified respondent: Mostly the same. Hit a mid-170s plateau two and half months out (basically identical raw score for 9 PTs on end) that I didn't break until like 3 weeks before test day.
lol
How long was your prep overall? You have not posted your own guide, correct?
Started May 1, so just under 5 months.

Nope. I recommend SweetTort's though, if you can find it.

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:31 am

Oh shit. Just realized my GPA is gonna be lower than I thought because A-s are 3.67, not 3.7. Shit.
Anyone now if 7sage's GPA predictor is accurate? That's what I've been using.

oopsu812

Silver

Post by oopsu812 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:39 am

Alexandros wrote:Oh shit. Just realized my GPA is gonna be lower than I thought because A-s are 3.67, not 3.7. Shit.
Damn that really sucks man. You should play around with the law school predictor LSDAS GPA calculator to see what's possible to achieve with so many credits and what not.

ETA: I get the same on the 7sage calculator as on the one I typically use, which tells you what the 4.0 equivalent is, so yeah.

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:46 am

oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Oh shit. Just realized my GPA is gonna be lower than I thought because A-s are 3.67, not 3.7. Shit.
Damn that really sucks man. You should play around with the law school predictor LSDAS GPA calculator to see what's possible to achieve with so many credits and what not.

ETA: I get the same on the 7sage calculator as on the one I typically use, which tells you what the 4.0 equivalent is, so yeah.
I've been calculating using 7sage and lawpad's calculators and I get the same on both - Do you know if they use 3.7s or 3.67?

This is dumb but I can't figure out how to use law school predictor's. Is there like a "go" button anywhere? Might just not work with my browser.
ETA: nvm just got it.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”