The Official September 2017 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Are you ready for tomorrow?!?!?!

FUCK YES
40%
Yeah, kind of
16%
Ehh, hoping for the best
14%
Not prepared but screw it
6%
HAHAHA I'M NOT EVEN TAKING THE LSAT, SUCKS FOR YOU GUYS
24%

Total votes: 50

blackmamba8

Bronze

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Post by blackmamba8 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:23 pm

34iplaw wrote:
blackmamba8 wrote:For those who have signed up for the May Digital, did you get anything back when you sent the confirmation email to DigitalLSAT@lsac.org?
Thank you for mentioning that. I would not have caught that.

I have not, but I'll let you know the second I get something back. I would presume not until tomorrow.
No problem! But cool, thanks. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to get an automated response right after or what. It'd make sense not to get anything back until tomorrow.

dj9i27

Gold

Post by dj9i27 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:34 pm

proteinshake wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Some of these decisions threads are painful as fuck. Like, jesus christ, people...
I have a full ride everywhere, wat do?

me: If someone gives me 3/4 of a scholarship I will sign immediately.
get ready to be the newest member of the Arizona Summit Law Class of 2021.
I had to Google that...

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:36 pm

Last edited by Alexandros on Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:39 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:Some of these decisions threads are painful as fuck. Like, jesus christ, people...
I have a full ride everywhere, wat do?

me: If someone gives me 3/4 of a scholarship I will sign immediately.
get ready to be the newest member of the Arizona Summit Law Class of 2021.
I had to Google that...
:lol: :lol:

oopsu812

Silver

Post by oopsu812 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:40 pm

Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
I'm not a fan of the Yale vs. Harvard vs. Stanford ones, because at that point it's pretty much personal preference, but I can kinda understand the ones where people aren't sure what type of debt is worth it in relation to their goals. I mean, obviously it's a decision you can inform yourself about and make on your own, but I think sometimes people just like being told what's best so they don't have to make the decision themselves.

Also, I think a lot of people come here hoping that someone will tell them that 300K of Harvard debt is worth taking over a Hammy for BL goals. It'll never happen and they know it can't be justified, but they really hope someone will justify it for them.
If the question is Yale vs. Harvard vs. Stanford, the answer is Yale.

It's not the OPs I object to most of the time, but the people coating the thread with totally asinine claims. Like, someone's trying to make a decision here, if you don't actually know shit all about what you're talking about then don't say anything. There should be a new TLS rule requiring proper citation of sources.
Eh, I don't think it's a cut and dry decision. The answer for me would almost certainly be Yale, but possibly Stanford.

Yeah, but at least the bullshit posts tend to get called out and exposed for what they are.
We talk about adcomms lurking these fora - Idk about y'all but I was one of them I'd just go on the choosing threads and dox & auto-ding anyone that says something blatantly wrong.
What a job that'd be, eh? Lurk on TLS and find people to ding.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:43 pm

Last edited by Alexandros on Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

littlewing67

Silver

Post by littlewing67 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:37 pm

Last edited by littlewing67 on Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

littlewing67

Silver

Post by littlewing67 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:43 pm

Last edited by littlewing67 on Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dj9i27

Gold

Post by dj9i27 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:51 pm

People who I hate:
My landlady

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:59 pm

dj9i27 wrote:People who I hate:
My landlady
Pourquoi?

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:02 pm

littlewing67 wrote:
Have you seen this cycle's waistlist thread? (http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 7&t=273049) I'm lurking in complete horror seeing people with great numbers get wait listed.
CLS has pulled some weird moves this cycle

dj9i27

Gold

Post by dj9i27 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:33 pm

Alexandros wrote:
My landlady
Pourquoi?
I asked to get my washer fixed a week ago and since I "subleased"because I still thought I'd be going to LS when I signed this in November there is some bullshit hoops I have to jump through and she keeps telling me that, "I need to understand how procedures work with subleasers."

SEND SOMEONE TO FIX MY WASHER

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:03 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
My landlady
Pourquoi?
I asked to get my washer fixed a week ago and since I "subleased"because I still thought I'd be going to LS when I signed this in November there is some bullshit hoops I have to jump through and she keeps telling me that, "I need to understand how procedures work with subleasers."

The fuck? That's bullshit.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

dj9i27

Gold

Post by dj9i27 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:11 pm

Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
My landlady
Pourquoi?

I was going to read crime and punishment for the relevance but nah. Why do ASWs look so fun?

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:20 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
My landlady
Pourquoi?

I was going to read crime and punishment for the relevance but nah. Why do ASWs look so fun?
I don't think it's relevant to law at all really if you're talking about the Dostoyevsky novel but it's a great book 10/10 would recommend.

ASWs look fun because they want the rest of us feel bad.

also I'm having to do protein shakes with water because I ran out of almond milk and this don't taste right. you're weird.

oopsu812

Silver

Post by oopsu812 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:31 pm

Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
My landlady
Pourquoi?

I don't think it's relevant to law at all really if you're talking about the Dostoyevsky novel but it's a great book 10/10 would recommend.

also I'm having to do protein shakes with water because I ran out of almond milk and this don't taste right. you're weird.
I agree about the book. There's a lot of great literature out of Russia. Almost makes me want to learn Russian!

I always liked chocolate soy protein powder with water and a little bit of cacao powder personally. Adds no calories to the shake, which is a nice bonus.

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:37 pm

I have to ask: Is there any benefit at all to having a strong major GPA (for law or anything else)?

If I do one extra class for my degree I can just say this one I did poorly in was an elective. Major GPA if you don't count that class is something very close to 4.0.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:40 pm

oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
My landlady
Pourquoi?

I agree about the book. There's a lot of great literature out of Russia. Almost makes me want to learn Russian!

I always liked chocolate soy protein powder with water and a little bit of cacao powder personally. Adds no calories to the shake, which is a nice bonus.
I almost minored in Russian studies because Russian lit - Fyodor especially - is so bomb.

Vanilla pp + unsweetened almond milk is my jam. almond milk's something like 30 cal/cup so it's really nothing.

dj9i27

Gold

Post by dj9i27 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:43 pm

Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
My landlady
Pourquoi?

tis the dostoyevsky novel yes, due to Raskolnikov hating his landlady.
Everyone goes to ASW and LS's seem to shower them with gifts and promises of the world. It looks like adult summer camp.

Yeah I know but it still tastes like chocolate sometimes.

oopsu812

Silver

Post by oopsu812 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:45 pm

Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote: I don't think it's relevant to law at all really if you're talking about the Dostoyevsky novel but it's a great book 10/10 would recommend.

I almost minored in Russian studies because Russian lit - Fyodor especially - is so bomb.

Vanilla pp + unsweetened almond milk is my jam. almond milk's something like 30 cal/cup so it's really nothing.
Yeah I chose my minor between Russian studies, Arab studies and Classics. All great for literature.

Hmm okay, maybe I'll pick up some and give it a try. Maybe it'd dilute the soy taste a little bit more than water.

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:48 pm

Water? Almond milk (jk I love it but it's bad for the environment)? Calorie counting? I love some whole vitamin D milk with my cookies and cream whey when I'm actually in a work out phase. I get pretty bulky and not very lean, though, but that's just what my frame works with. As of now I'm just bulky in all the wrong ways because I can't remember what a gym looks like

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:50 pm

My first ASW was pretty awesome and they do make it sound like they are the best ever. Hopefully Chicago is more fun than people make the school sound

oopsu812

Silver

Post by oopsu812 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:51 pm

chargers21 wrote:Water? Almond milk (jk I love it but it's bad for the environment)? Calorie counting? I love some whole vitamin D milk with my cookies and cream whey when I'm actually in a work out phase. I get pretty bulky and not very lean, though, but that's just what my frame works with. As of now I'm just bulky in all the wrong ways because I can't remember what a gym looks like
Man I'm jealous. I'll never experience the joy of a bulk. Enjoy it for me!

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:56 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
My landlady
Pourquoi?

tis the dostoyevsky novel yes, due to Raskolnikov hating his landlady.
Everyone goes to ASW and LS's seem to shower them with gifts and promises of the world. It looks like adult summer camp.

Yeah I know but it still tastes like chocolate sometimes.
ohh the landlady thing ok yes everything makes so much more sense now I iz dumb.

I fucking hate everyone who's ever been admitted to law school, mailed a present by a law school, or been to an ASW.

yea maybe chocolate works better with water. I always do vanilla.

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:59 pm

chargers21 wrote:My first ASW was pretty awesome and they do make it sound like they are the best ever. Hopefully Chicago is more fun than people make the school sound
Let us know how it is. I love Chi but the where fun goes to die thing is a little worrisome.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”