The Official September 2017 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Are you ready for tomorrow?!?!?!

FUCK YES
40%
Yeah, kind of
16%
Ehh, hoping for the best
14%
Not prepared but screw it
6%
HAHAHA I'M NOT EVEN TAKING THE LSAT, SUCKS FOR YOU GUYS
24%

Total votes: 50

dj9i27

Gold

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Post by dj9i27 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:14 pm

oopsu812 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:did some post purging today. idk how much moar.
I'm planning on performing a sweettort level nuke the year before I apply. :twisted:
preemptively doing it now. every 1 post equals 2 deletes.

don't want anyone finding out I went to Berkeley

oopsu812

Silver

Post by oopsu812 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:15 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
I'm planning on performing a sweettort level nuke the year before I apply. :twisted:

Trump confirmed.

dj9i27

Gold

Post by dj9i27 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:17 pm

oopsu812 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:

Trump confirmed.
PW
[+] Spoiler

twiix

Silver

Post by twiix » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:24 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:

I would say.. if it's anything related to the LSAT, admissions, etc (and not personally revealing), please don't delete them. I can't tell you how many times I've come across a deleted post that would have been really useful to see, but was deleted for no reason.

34iplaw

Gold

Post by 34iplaw » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:24 pm

TBH, I found that smaller majors tend to be the easiest to get a good grade in. Sign up for grad classes for bonus points. I found all of the CRP/URS coursework in my undergrad to be monumentally easier than my core curriculum regarding getting a good grade for relatively little effort. Then again, I cared freshman, junior, and senior years, and I took most of my CRP/URS classes my senior year... then again, I took something like 17 classes during my senior year, so maybe they were a good bit easier.

I dunno; I found grinding out a paper on something to be way easier than a lot of my group deliverables. One CRP class loved some 'documentary' I made using PowerPoint... it was actually pretty dope.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

carsondalywashere

Silver

Post by carsondalywashere » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:26 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:

How did he manage to do that btw? I know the post deleter doesn't work anymore

oopsu812

Silver

Post by oopsu812 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:30 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:

Trump confirmed.
PW
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

34iplaw

Gold

Post by 34iplaw » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:40 pm

I knew Sweet was beautiful, but I didn't just know how beautiful. I bet he would have a beautiful daughter he'd like to grab by her hand (pervert) and treat her to her favorite American Doll afterwards.

Lalalsat96

New

Post by Lalalsat96 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:56 pm

Apologies for breaking the flow but random lsat practice question - why do people take 6/7.8 section practice lsats? I know endurance is important but surely the 5(including experimental) is enough? Is multiple sections at a time helpful in anyway if so why? Bc I do not see the point but I am sorta new on TLS so I may not be in on the helpful practice strategies everyone else accepts haha thanks in advance

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dj9i27

Gold

Post by dj9i27 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:40 pm

Lalalsat96 wrote:Apologies for breaking the flow but random lsat practice question - why do people take 6/7.8 section practice lsats? I know endurance is important but surely the 5(including experimental) is enough? Is multiple sections at a time helpful in anyway if so why? Bc I do not see the point but I am sorta new on TLS so I may not be in on the helpful practice strategies everyone else accepts haha thanks in advance
stamina. if you push yourself to the limit with anything whether it be weight, wrestling, cardio, etc you typically come out stronger. a back to back PT (like doing 50 and 51 in succession) creates this stamina so a regular 5 sectioner will feel like a walk in the park.

34iplaw

Gold

Post by 34iplaw » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:17 pm

dj9i27 wrote:
Lalalsat96 wrote:Apologies for breaking the flow but random lsat practice question - why do people take 6/7.8 section practice lsats? I know endurance is important but surely the 5(including experimental) is enough? Is multiple sections at a time helpful in anyway if so why? Bc I do not see the point but I am sorta new on TLS so I may not be in on the helpful practice strategies everyone else accepts haha thanks in advance
stamina. if you push yourself to the limit with anything whether it be weight, wrestling, cardio, etc you typically come out stronger. a back to back PT (like doing 50 and 51 in succession) creates this stamina so a regular 5 sectioner will feel like a walk in the park.
As an advocate of the 8 section (4 section - 15 min - 4 section), normal length tests became such a joke by comparison. It really just helps make the test less intimidating.

abujabal

Bronze

Post by abujabal » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:55 pm

Starting the LG section of LSAT Trainer - how long should I be spending diagramming+initial inferences? Looks like I'm hitting 1 minute each for the easy ones, and 2:30 - 3:00 for the harder ones. I'm feeling like this should be 1:00 max, thoughts?

Also my prep is legitimately affected by my accidental purchase of the soft lead Ticonderogas. I hate soft lead so much. Used to take standardized tests in grade school with a legit box full of aggressively sharpened pencils that I would switch through after like 10 bubbles. So, begrudgingly, and with full awareness of how nerdy this question is...pencil recommendations?

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:06 am

That is a weird post, 34ip.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:11 am

abujabal wrote:Starting the LG section of LSAT Trainer - how long should I be spending diagramming+initial inferences? Looks like I'm hitting 1 minute each for the easy ones, and 2:30 - 3:00 for the harder ones. I'm feeling like this should be 1:00 max, thoughts?

Also my prep is legitimately affected by my accidental purchase of the soft lead Ticonderogas. I hate soft lead so much. Used to take standardized tests in grade school with a legit box full of aggressively sharpened pencils that I would switch through after like 10 bubbles. So, begrudgingly, and with full awareness of how nerdy this question is...pencil recommendations?
Staedtler noricas 8)
You may want to try out a few and see what works for you best.

Lalalsat96

New

Post by Lalalsat96 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:13 am

34iplaw wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
As an advocate of the 8 section (4 section - 15 min - 4 section), normal length tests became such a joke by comparison. It really just helps make the test less intimidating.
Does this hurt or help your feel for timing at all? I feel like doing this enough would just put me in a rush.

Btw how often did you do these extra long practice exams? Did you use used PT or fresh one? I feel like my PT score would go wayy down.

34iplaw

Gold

Post by 34iplaw » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:13 am

Alexandros wrote:That is a weird post, 34ip.
I know. :cry:

34iplaw

Gold

Post by 34iplaw » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:17 am

Lalalsat96 wrote: Does this hurt or help your feel for timing at all? I feel like doing this enough would just put me in a rush.

Btw how often did you do these extra long practice exams? Did you use used PT or fresh one? I feel like my PT score would go wayy down.
It helped my timing, IMO, because it made my stamina better and reduced any mental haze. I did three or so of them. One or two I did with two old PTs. The others I did a fresh PT + old PT. The main reason I prefer the eight section is that you do four sections in a row without a break. That's kind of what helped IMO. By the last one, I didn't even want to take the 15 minute break b/c it felt so long.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:24 am

dj9i27 wrote:
MediocreAtBest wrote:
dj9i27 wrote:
MediocreAtBest wrote:
TWiiX wrote:http://lawschoolnumbers.com/GoldilocksLaw

I have no fucking words for this. This makes me mad.
How do you bust your ass to earn a 3.93 but don't even bother with the LSAT? Lol. Makes no sense.
I don't want to come off cynical here but if I went to a local state school and majored in "Math 4 Babies: 2+2=?" I totally could have a 4.0
I'm not even sure what the "easy" programs in UG are. Sociology? Psychology? Idk. I studied journalism, which a lot of people scoff at, but earning an A was super hard, your articles had to be ready to publish without any editing whatsoever to get an A, which is a pretty difficult standard to meet, especially when you're still learning.
I was close to the psych program in my school but not in it and it was notorious difficult allegedly. there were too many people in the major so they upped the weed out classes, made 12 credits of Chem and Bio mandatory with really difficult lab classes.
Yeah, I dunno what the easy programs are here either. Like, psych/neuro was much easier for me than compsci/physics, but I know people for whom this was definitely not the case. Basically all of them have large weeder classes and are curved the same, I think. I would guess what is actually an easy major depends a lot on the university (and on the individual).

oopsu812

Silver

Post by oopsu812 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:35 am

I was convinced I was finally going to sleep at a normal time tonight, but apparently I only needed a nap and now I'm not longer tired. I'm in trouble for when I start school next week, lol.

PrezRand

Gold

Post by PrezRand » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:50 am

Any of yall hitting -3 on LRs yet?

Lalalsat96

New

Post by Lalalsat96 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:25 am

34iplaw wrote:
Lalalsat96 wrote: Does this hurt or help your feel for timing at all? I feel like doing this enough would just put me in a rush.

It helped my timing, IMO, because it made my stamina better and reduced any mental haze. I did three or so of them. One or two I did with two old PTs. The others I did a fresh PT + old PT. The main reason I prefer the eight section is that you do four sections in a row without a break. That's kind of what helped IMO. By the last one, I didn't even want to take the 15 minute break b/c it felt so long.
I can imagine ! I will definitely try it out in august! Thanks for the insight

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

twiix

Silver

Post by twiix » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:25 am

PrezRand wrote:Any of yall hitting -3 on LRs yet?
Not I. I've been pushing LR back - focusing on RC as of late because it's definitely my achilles atm. LG is pretty consistent -0 to -2 which is adequate for now. After I get some sort of RC method down I'll start back on LR. Need to be at least somewhat prepared for the digital test in May

twiix

Silver

Post by twiix » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:21 am

Does anyone actively trade stock? Looking for friends to yolotrade with. I'm in a particularly ambitious mood and feel like day trading to see what happens.

34iplaw

Gold

Post by 34iplaw » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:18 pm

TWiiX wrote:Does anyone actively trade stock? Looking for friends to yolotrade with. I'm in a particularly ambitious mood and feel like day trading to see what happens.
Eh - I do a few trades a year... mostly reinvesting distributions. I'd be interested in trading with a sidepot.

abujabal

Bronze

Post by abujabal » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:30 pm

Sitting on my money until I can trade all of it away for tuition and top ramen

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”