The Official September 2017 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Are you ready for tomorrow?!?!?!

FUCK YES
40%
Yeah, kind of
16%
Ehh, hoping for the best
14%
Not prepared but screw it
6%
HAHAHA I'M NOT EVEN TAKING THE LSAT, SUCKS FOR YOU GUYS
24%

Total votes: 50

Alexandros

Platinum

Re: The Official September 2017 Study Group

Post by Alexandros » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:49 am

34iplaw wrote:
appind wrote: yeah want a sample, thx. Will pm.
Sent. LMK if you have any other questions or want me to proofread anything.
oopsu812 wrote:What type of shows do you like?
TBH, I like about everything so I am quite open. I don't really want anything sad or emotionally draining, but I'd be fine with something involved or intense (House of Cards, Narcos, etc. etc.).
First season of True Detective, HTGAWM (kinda gets old but ok), Hannibal.

oopsu812

Silver

Post by oopsu812 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:54 am

Alexandros wrote:
34iplaw wrote:
TBH, I like about everything so I am quite open. I don't really want anything sad or emotionally draining, but I'd be fine with something involved or intense (House of Cards, Narcos, etc. etc.).
I agree with Hannibal, it's shot beautifully, but the content is heavy. The Fall is also great, but is emotionally draining AF.

I'd recommend iZombie. It's just a shit tonne of fun, although it is based around crime, so it's not all sunshine. Quite quirky though. Super easy to watch and not think about, lol.

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:59 am

oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
34iplaw wrote:
I agree with Hannibal, it's shot beautifully, but the content is heavy. The Fall is also great, but is emotionally draining AF.

I'd recommend iZombie. It's just a shit tonne of fun, although it is based around crime, so it's not all sunshine. Quite quirky though. Super easy to watch and not think about, lol.
Hannibal and The Fall are amazing. Has the next season of the Fall come out yet?

Also recommend Peaky Blinders.

HoC is the lightest show I watch.

oopsu812

Silver

Post by oopsu812 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:09 am

Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
34iplaw wrote:

Hannibal and The Fall are amazing. Has the next season of the Fall come out yet?

The Fall has 3 seasons.

Also, The Get Down is fucking goooooooood.

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:12 am

oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
34iplaw wrote:

The Fall has 3 seasons.

Also, The Get Down is fucking goooooooood.
Pretty sure I've only seen up to Season 2. Need to get on that.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

34iplaw

Gold

Post by 34iplaw » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:14 am

Awesome - I'll check those all out. It may be a documentary before bed night I've decided though. There are a few fashion/cooking/creative ones that I've wanted to watch.

oopsu812

Silver

Post by oopsu812 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:18 am

I've been on this Earth 21 years, and I've still yet to learn to love movies. Is there something wrong with me, or am I just not watching the right films?

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:38 am

oopsu812 wrote:I've been on this Earth 21 years, and I've still yet to learn to love movies. Is there something wrong with me, or am I just not watching the right films?
I'm pretty bad at movies too. I blame my shitty excuse for an attention span.

oopsu812

Silver

Post by oopsu812 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:40 am

Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:I've been on this Earth 21 years, and I've still yet to learn to love movies. Is there something wrong with me, or am I just not watching the right films?
I'm pretty bad at movies too. I blame my shitty excuse for an attention span.
Same. I just find after like 70 minutes or so, I'm over it, lol. Movies make me feel trapped in a 2+ hour commitment.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:13 am

Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
34iplaw wrote:

Peaky Blinders is a fantastic show! I can't wait for the new season this summer and movie eventually..

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:29 am

jagerbom79 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
34iplaw wrote:

Peaky Blinders is a fantastic show! I can't wait for the new season this summer and movie eventually..
Only recently started it but it's amazing.
I miss your Thomas Shelby 'tar bro </3

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:11 am

Alexandros wrote:
jagerbom79 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
oopsu812 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
34iplaw wrote:

Only recently started it but it's amazing.
I miss your Thomas Shelby 'tar bro </3
It's about time man! Im glad you and others can still remember my initial mark on TLS as Tommy Shelby taking over the establishment so called "June 2016 Thread" ... Maybe I'll bring it back!

twiix

Silver

Post by twiix » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:23 am

In my ug i went through probably 10-15 movies a week. It was amazing. I almost got to the point where I had seen every AAA release in the span of the last 5 years. Too bad that freedom gets shattered real quick when you start working

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:05 am

TWiiX wrote:In my ug i went through probably 10-15 movies a week. It was amazing. I almost got to the point where I had seen every AAA release in the span of the last 5 years. Too bad that freedom gets shattered real quick when you start working
How in the world did you have the time? :lol:

CottonHarvest

Bronze

Post by CottonHarvest » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:07 am

34iplaw wrote:
Sent. LMK if you have any other questions or want me to proofread anything. It's a bit different because it's a statement rather than a letter, but hey, whatever. I think it's fairly compelling. (Let me be one of the 5-7% off your WL :|)
If you want involved/intense, you might want to try Breaking Bad or Sons of Anarchy

blackmamba8

Bronze

Post by blackmamba8 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:08 am

Graduation is in six days :cry:
I want to take the time from graduation to September to study for the LSAT full-time, but my parents are on my ass to get a job and will probably blow gaskets if I tell them my plan. Urban philosopher Will Smith said it best, parents just don't understand.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:09 am

Alexandros wrote:
TWiiX wrote:In my ug i went through probably 10-15 movies a week. It was amazing. I almost got to the point where I had seen every AAA release in the span of the last 5 years. Too bad that freedom gets shattered real quick when you start working
How in the world did you have the time? :lol:
I do that lol, about 10-15 movies a week along with show watching :lol:

tbh, if I have an exam to study for, I just study while watching movies

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:10 am

blackmamba8 wrote:Graduation is in six days :cry:
I want to take the time from graduation to September to study for the LSAT full-time, but my parents are on my ass to get a job and will probably blow gaskets if I tell them my plan. Urban philosopher Will Smith said it best, parents just don't understand.
congrats! I just ordered my cap and gown but my ceremony isn't until later in may

blackmamba8

Bronze

Post by blackmamba8 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:22 am

Mikey wrote:
congrats! I just ordered my cap and gown but my ceremony isn't until later in may
Thank you, congrats to you as well! I definitely wish I had more time but I'm staying in my college town so graduation won't be too bittersweet.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:31 am

blackmamba8 wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Thank you, congrats to you as well! I definitely wish I had more time but I'm staying in my college town so graduation won't be too bittersweet.
thanks!

I feel like you tbh. for the past 4 years I always thought it would be foreverrrr until I finished. but now that im actually done, it's kind of sad but exciting at the same time..

if I had to redo college, I'd probably do many things differently, too late now!

blackmamba8

Bronze

Post by blackmamba8 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:36 am

Mikey wrote:
blackmamba8 wrote:
Mikey wrote:
thanks!

I feel like you tbh. for the past 4 years I always thought it would be foreverrrr until I finished. but now that im actually done, it's kind of sad but exciting at the same time..

if I had to redo college, I'd probably do many things differently, too late now!
It's a weird feeling for me. Like I feel like college flew by, but at the same time it feels like I've been here forever and that high school was so long ago. I think once I start applying to law schools and figuring out where I'm gonna end I'll be really excited and won't be sad anymore. Right now it's just the uncertainty that makes me feel uneasy.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

dj9i27

Gold

Post by dj9i27 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:37 am

Enjoy those last 6 days dude. it's a milestone but just try not to dwell on it, that's what I did and it doesn't end well.

Btw good Tar choice

blackmamba8

Bronze

Post by blackmamba8 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:44 am

dj9i27 wrote:
Enjoy those last 6 days dude. it's a milestone but just try not to dwell on it, that's what I did and it doesn't end well.

Btw good Tar choice
Thanks man! I've got a few days between the end of finals and graduation day so I'm just gonna chill and take it all in.

But thanks haha. I've been meaning to do it for a while but I had been too lazy to crop it a ton of times to get it to fit.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:59 am

blackmamba8 wrote:
Mikey wrote:
blackmamba8 wrote:
Mikey wrote:
thanks!

It's a weird feeling for me. Like I feel like college flew by, but at the same time it feels like I've been here forever and that high school was so long ago. I think once I start applying to law schools and figuring out where I'm gonna end I'll be really excited and won't be sad anymore. Right now it's just the uncertainty that makes me feel uneasy.
YUP. It's a weird feeling!

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:02 pm

I'm still not over DJ's micropigs.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”