. Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
thepsychedelic

Bronze

Restudying after LSAT class

Post by thepsychedelic » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:12 am

So I took a Blueprint course and took the September 2016 LSAT, but now was thinking about studying to retake for the September 2017 test. My question is, should I restudy using Blueprint methods and practice books, or should I try a different method and different study materials this time through? And if so, which materials are generally considered best for restudying? I thought Blueprint was pretty good, but I didn't feel like it really helped me master Logic Games, which I think was my weakest section heading into the test. I know of 7Sage and the Bibles, but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for further mastery if I already have the foundation down for the three sections. I'm hoping to score mid-170s this time around, and would appreciate any help!
Last edited by thepsychedelic on Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

guppiesbaby

New

Re: Restudying after LSAT class

Post by guppiesbaby » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:45 am

I'd recommend trying other methods if BP wasn't enough for you, yes. You can try something else and then keep what you liked from BP in addition to the new approach.

For a reboot after your first try, I'd recommend reading through The LSAT Trainer. I think it offers a different perspective, and was valuable to me after I started restudying after taking a similar course and my first take.

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Post by Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:57 am

I did blueprint at first and "restudied" using 7Sage!

mcat4life87

New

Post by mcat4life87 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:20 pm

thepsychedelic wrote:So I took a Blueprint course and took the September 2016 LSAT, but now was thinking about studying to retake for the September 2017 test. My question is, should I restudy using Blueprint methods and practice books, or should I try a different method and different study materials this time through? And if so, which materials are generally considered best for restudying? I thought Blueprint was pretty good, but I didn't feel like it really helped me master Logic Games, which I think was my weakest section heading into the test. I know of 7Sage and the Bibles, but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for further mastery if I already have the foundation down for the three sections. I'm hoping to score mid-170s this time around, and would appreciate any help!
what did you get on sep 2016 and what was the breakdown of mistakes in each section? what were you averaging on each section going into the test? what was your diagnostic?

thepsychedelic

Bronze

Post by thepsychedelic » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:26 pm

mcat4life87 wrote:
thepsychedelic wrote:So I took a Blueprint course and took the September 2016 LSAT, but now was thinking about studying to retake for the September 2017 test. My question is, should I restudy using Blueprint methods and practice books, or should I try a different method and different study materials this time through? And if so, which materials are generally considered best for restudying? I thought Blueprint was pretty good, but I didn't feel like it really helped me master Logic Games, which I think was my weakest section heading into the test. I know of 7Sage and the Bibles, but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for further mastery if I already have the foundation down for the three sections. I'm hoping to score mid-170s this time around, and would appreciate any help!
what did you get on sep 2016 and what was the breakdown of mistakes in each section? what were you averaging on each section going into the test? what was your diagnostic?
I was averaging 175 and got a 170 on the test. My breakdown was LR1: -1, RC: -1, LG: -5, LR2: -4. I missed the 5 in LG on the last game and it freaked me out for the last LR section, so I kind of panicked my last two sections. I feel like I had a solid grasp on the LR and RC, but not on LG, so I'm really looking for something that can help me solidify my LSAT and get to mid-170s on the actual take.
Last edited by thepsychedelic on Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pneumonia

Gold

Post by Pneumonia » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:31 pm

Use the pithypike method. Alternatively, 7Sage. Either way, you just need to drill a bunch of old games.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”