Likelihood and Conditions Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
WeightliftingThinker

Bronze

Likelihood and Conditions

Post by WeightliftingThinker » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:09 pm

What is the likelihood that an average of 160 can rise to +/- 175 in three months?

Some insist at least one PT per week while others suggest understanding concepts before completing another PT.

Thoughts?

Platopus

Gold

Re: Likelihood and Conditions

Post by Platopus » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:02 am

I don't think you're going to find the answer that I think you are looking for. Without knowing the specifics of the individual, its impossible to say. I would say that having an initial weakness in games, for example, would be easier to overcome than really struggling with LR. Still, a 15 point jump doesn't happen overnight. Other considerations would involve how long the individual has already been studying. If someone has been studying for 4 months and is still at 160, then the probability drops considerably. I would say that it's certainly possible, but not probable. A 175+ is within the top .5% (or so) of all test takers. I just don't see someone getting there in 3 months from a 160 diagnostic, and I scored 160 diagnostic, assuming the 160 you are talking about is a diagnostic.

On the topic of PT's vs. drilling for concepts, you should definitely drill for concepts first. There's no point in burning through fresh material without an understanding of what you're doing. One should start PTing when one has a solid grasp of the all concepts and needs to work on mastery, timing and stamina.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”