LSAT retake advice!! Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
MadamSecretary

New

LSAT retake advice!!

Post by MadamSecretary » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:44 pm

I am deciding whether or not it would be worth it for me to retake the LSAT in June or September and take another year off.. I graduated this past May from a great private university with a 3.8. I received a 157 on the LSAT after self studying for three months through Power Score. I used a self-study schedule they offered online with their bibles and took every practice test offered. I graduated in May 2016 and used the summer to study about 5-6 hours per day with practice tests a couple times per week and on the weekends. My average test score was 157.. My worst section by far is RC, I was getting a near perfect score on LG every time and only -2/-3 on LR. I've heard RC is the most difficult section to improve on and I definitely agree with this.

I applied to nine schools (far reaches considering my LSAT) and was waitlisted from 4, rejected from 1 and waiting to hear back from 4. I have average softs (Phi-Beta-Kappa, DOS internship, Model UN, Hospice volunteer, Sigma Iota Rho (International Relations honor society), working at a law firm now), and great LOR's. If there is a chance of me getting accepted off of any of the waitlists (Columbia, NU, Fordham, UCLA), I will pay sticker, which is not ideal considering I'll be paying with loans.

Is a retake worth it? I am not sure if it is possible for me to increase my score. Any advice would be helpful!!

Alexandros

Platinum

Re: LSAT retake advice!!

Post by Alexandros » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:59 pm

Yes, a retake is absolutely worth it. It sounds like you may need to change up your study strategy to something that works better for you.
(Also, RC can definitely be improved upon.)

MadamSecretary

New

Post by MadamSecretary » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:21 pm

Alexandros wrote:Yes, a retake is absolutely worth it. It sounds like you may need to change up your study strategy to something that works better for you.
(Also, RC can definitely be improved upon.)
Thanks! Any recommendations for study materials? Courses?

dietcoke1

Silver

Post by dietcoke1 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:24 pm

yes retake

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”