Feb 2017 Waiter's Thread!!! Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

New poll! How'd we do people??

>177
6%
175-176
No votes
173-174
11%
171-172
29%
169-170
6%
167-168
6%
165-166
3%
163-164
11%
161-162
6%
<160
23%

Total votes: 35

CMac86

Bronze

Re: Feb 2017 Waiter's Thread!!!

Post by CMac86 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:48 pm

I got really excited when I looked at my calendar, but then I realized it is the 20th, not the 26th. I think this week will go pretty quick for me. I have two projects due on Sunday, and then work is fairly busy as well. It has felt great to get caught up on everything that I was doing the bare minimum for (e.g. deep cleaned my home).

airwrecka

Silver

Post by airwrecka » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:14 pm

CMac86 wrote:I got really excited when I looked at my calendar, but then I realized it is the 20th, not the 26th. I think this week will go pretty quick for me. I have two projects due on Sunday, and then work is fairly busy as well. It has felt great to get caught up on everything that I was doing the bare minimum for (e.g. deep cleaned my home).
Nice! I'm always a little amazed by how quickly the time goes by. It will be grey day before we know it! :lol:

maybeman

Bronze

Post by maybeman » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:28 pm

airwrecka wrote:
CMac86 wrote:I got really excited when I looked at my calendar, but then I realized it is the 20th, not the 26th. I think this week will go pretty quick for me. I have two projects due on Sunday, and then work is fairly busy as well. It has felt great to get caught up on everything that I was doing the bare minimum for (e.g. deep cleaned my home).
Nice! I'm always a little amazed by how quickly the time goes by. It will be græ grey day before we know it! :lol:
ftfy

etramak

Silver

Post by etramak » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:25 am

airwrecka wrote:
Nice! I'm always a little amazed by how quickly the time goes by. It will be grey day before we know it! :lol:
We're almost there. Hopefully this short week will go by fast. I also started apartment hunting so this should keep my mind occupied in the meantime. I plan on visiting several Manhattan closets that have been converted into bedrooms this week and hope to move into one by March 4th.

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver

Post by Anon.y.mousse. » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:31 am

etramak wrote:
airwrecka wrote:
We're almost there. Hopefully this short week will go by fast. I also started apartment hunting so this should keep my mind occupied in the meantime. I plan on visiting several Manhattan closets that have been converted into bedrooms this week and hope to move into one by March 4th.
We're probably just a week (or a week and a day) away now guys! ahhh it's driving me nuts! here's to a short week.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

airwrecka

Silver

Post by airwrecka » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:42 am

etramak wrote:
airwrecka wrote:
Have you decided on a school in NY then? My husband and I have been browsing apartments there ever since I got into NYU, but we wouldn't be moving until August (if that's where I end up) so at this point, it's really just to get a feel for what is available. It's going to be a tough adjustment to go from a 1000 sq ft 1BD/1BA with a park in the back yard and within a five-minute walk of 3 different lakes (yeah, Minneapolis is awesome) to a 500 sq ft apartment in the concrete jungle :lol: oh, and we have a dog, too hahaha...

etramak

Silver

Post by etramak » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:51 am

airwrecka wrote:
etramak wrote:
airwrecka wrote:
Have you decided on a school in NY then? My husband and I have been browsing apartments there ever since I got into NYU, but we wouldn't be moving until August (if that's where I end up) so at this point, it's really just to get a feel for what is available. It's going to be a tough adjustment to go from a 1000 sq ft 1BD/1BA with a park in the back yard and within a five-minute walk of 3 different lakes (yeah, Minneapolis is awesome) to a 500 sq ft apartment in the concrete jungle :lol: oh, and we have a dog, too hahaha...
Yeah, you pretty much have to go to Queens or Brooklyn if you want any semblance of open space. I've seen quite a few apartments on craigslist that are OK with dogs though! I haven't really decided on any schools yet. I'm not applying until September and, while I have dreams of Harvard or Stanford or UChicago in mind, I don't want to give them too much attention until I get my score back next week. With my current score the best school I have a shot at is probably NYU, but I certainly wouldn't be getting a scholarship.

But I'll be living and working in NYC until I start law school, which is why I'm looking for a place to live.

airwrecka

Silver

Post by airwrecka » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:54 am

etramak wrote:
airwrecka wrote:
etramak wrote:
airwrecka wrote:
Yeah, you pretty much have to go to Queens or Brooklyn if you want any semblance of open space. I've seen quite a few apartments on craigslist that are OK with dogs though! I haven't really decided on any schools yet. I'm not applying until September and, while I have dreams of Harvard or Stanford or UChicago in mind, I don't want to give them too much attention until I get my score back next week. With my current score the best school I have a shot at is probably NYU, but I certainly wouldn't be getting a scholarship.

But I'll be living and working in NYC until I start law school, which is why I'm looking for a place to live.
Yeah, we are definitely open to living outside of Manhattan! Because my husband won't be in school, we will need to compromise the distance between my law school and his job, wherever that may be.

Ohhh gotcha! What kind of work are you doing in NYC?

etramak

Silver

Post by etramak » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:05 am

airwrecka wrote:
etramak wrote:
airwrecka wrote:
etramak wrote:
airwrecka wrote:

Yeah, we are definitely open to living outside of Manhattan! Because my husband won't be in school, we will need to compromise the distance between my law school and his job, wherever that may be.

Ohhh gotcha! What kind of work are you doing in NYC?
Paralegal! Figured it's a job that will at least somewhat help prepare me for law/law school.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

airwrecka

Silver

Post by airwrecka » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:07 am

etramak wrote:
Paralegal! Figured it's a job that will at least somewhat help prepare me for law/law school.
Definitely! That's great! :) I'm currently a legal assistant/paralegal, too. The firm I work at is SUPER small (2 attorneys), though, so I'm not sure how my experience compares to paralegals at larger firms! :P

Legallylawyer2020

Bronze

Post by Legallylawyer2020 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:09 am

Any chance schools already received our February scores? Within the last 24 hours I received two emails from schools with a much higher rank than the schools I received emails from after my December take congratulating me on lsat success. I know the prevailing wisdom is that schools receive scores a day or two before we do, but this is a week before so maybe they were mass emails? They were from T20 schools.
Last edited by Legallylawyer2020 on Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

airwrecka

Silver

Post by airwrecka » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:13 am

Legallylawyer2020 wrote:Any chance schools already received our February scores? Within the last 24 hours I received two emails from schools with a much higher rank than the schools I emails from after my December take congratulating me on lsat success. I know the prevailing wisdom is that schools receive scores a day or two before we do, but this is a week before so maybe they were mass emails? They were from T20 schools.
I have no idea! I didn't know that schools got our scores before we do at all haha. I also wasn't registered for CRS when I took the LSAT last time, so I can't speak to previous experience.

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver

Post by Anon.y.mousse. » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:16 am

Legallylawyer2020 wrote:Any chance schools already received our February scores? Within the last 24 hours I received two emails from schools with a much higher rank than the schools I emails from after my December take congratulating me on lsat success. I know the prevailing wisdom is that schools receive scores a day or two before we do, but this is a week before so maybe they were mass emails? They were from T20 schools.
I don't think so? I think they get them when we do.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

aalvez

New

Post by aalvez » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:22 am

I didn't think they received the score before us... but now I'm sure I completely bombed because I have not received any emails in the past day. :(

Legallylawyer2020

Bronze

Post by Legallylawyer2020 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:36 am

Anon.y.mousse. wrote:
They definitely got December scores before we did because I went complete 2 days before scores were released. I'm working with a consultant and he also said schools get our scores a day or two before we do.

etramak

Silver

Post by etramak » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:50 am

I've been receiving emails but from the same schools that have been emailing me for months now.

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver

Post by Anon.y.mousse. » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:04 pm

Legallylawyer2020 wrote:
Anon.y.mousse. wrote:
They definitely got December scores before we did because I went complete 2 days before scores were released. I'm working with a consultant and he also said schools get our scores a day or two before we do.
Hmm does this apply to anybody now (i.e. applying with only Feb scores, submitted already and was incomplete and now are complete?) I'd be shocked if schools already had them unless we're getting them in the next day or two, which would also shock me.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

aalvez

New

Post by aalvez » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:28 pm

Anon.y.mousse. wrote:
Legallylawyer2020 wrote:
Anon.y.mousse. wrote:
Hmm does this apply to anybody now (i.e. applying with only Feb scores, submitted already and was incomplete and now are complete?) I'd be shocked if schools already had them unless we're getting them in the next day or two, which would also shock me.
...is the score not sent with the CAS report? Wouldn't that show as transmitted? Or is it sent separately?

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver

Post by Anon.y.mousse. » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:31 pm

aalvez wrote:
Anon.y.mousse. wrote:
Legallylawyer2020 wrote:
Anon.y.mousse. wrote:
...is the score not sent with the CAS report? Wouldn't that show as transmitted? Or is it sent separately?
You can submit your apps I think without an LSAT score. I don't know if they'll send your CAS report without one but in any case, schools that had received an app without the score would have it as incomplete and then update it to complete once received. Don't know if that triggers a new CAS report being sent or what.

Legallylawyer2020

Bronze

Post by Legallylawyer2020 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:33 pm

aalvez wrote:
Anon.y.mousse. wrote:
Legallylawyer2020 wrote:
Anon.y.mousse. wrote:
They send whatever they have when you apply. If you apply before you have a score they send your transcripts and lots and then send the lsat score when it's released. If you retake and have already applied they'll have sent everything but will send your new lsat as soon as it's released.

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver

Post by Anon.y.mousse. » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:33 pm

Just checked and none of my schools have received new CAS reports which makes me think they don't have our new scores.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

aalvez

New

Post by aalvez » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:54 pm

Legallylawyer2020 wrote:
aalvez wrote:
Anon.y.mousse. wrote:
Legallylawyer2020 wrote:
Anon.y.mousse. wrote:
They send whatever they have when you apply. If you apply before you have a score they send your transcripts and lots and then send the lsat score when it's released. If you retake and have already applied they'll have sent everything but will send your new lsat as soon as it's released.
I applied with no LSAT score on file, and will be using February's score. This is how my lsac account shows:

"Transmitted Application Warnings - we are unable to release your CAS report to the following law schools. Select the law school link for detailed information.
________________ ApplicationClick to view details and click to close

__________________ ApplicationClick to view details and click to close

Warnings:
alert
No reportable LSAT score"

...I would think when they receive the score this would be updated....?

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver

Post by Anon.y.mousse. » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:56 pm

aalvez wrote:
Legallylawyer2020 wrote:
aalvez wrote:
Anon.y.mousse. wrote:
Legallylawyer2020 wrote:
Anon.y.mousse. wrote:
I applied with no LSAT score on file, and will be using February's score. This is how my lsac account shows:

"Transmitted Application Warnings - we are unable to release your CAS report to the following law schools. Select the law school link for detailed information.
________________ ApplicationClick to view details and click to close

__________________ ApplicationClick to view details and click to close

Warnings:
alert
No reportable LSAT score"

...I would think when they receive the score this would be updated....?
Yep! It will be.

maybeman

Bronze

Post by maybeman » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:14 pm

Killoran tweeted some probabilities on grey day

Sun, 2/26: 8%
Mon, 2/27: 15%
Tue, 2/28: 22%
Wed, 3/1: 55%

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver