Feb 2017 Waiter's Thread!!! Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

New poll! How'd we do people??

>177
6%
175-176
No votes
173-174
11%
171-172
29%
169-170
6%
167-168
6%
165-166
3%
163-164
11%
161-162
6%
<160
23%

Total votes: 35

airwrecka

Silver

Re: Feb 2017 Waiter's Thread!!!

Post by airwrecka » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:26 pm

Anon.y.mousse. wrote:
airwrecka wrote:well, kids, just got mine.

170. absolutely no change. I'm so disappointed. I keep reading the email to see if I read something wrong.
sorry to hear :/ but you have amazing choices and a new exciting option as of today at work, you're gonna do great!
thank you :) I hope you get better news than I did!!

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver

Post by Anon.y.mousse. » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:30 pm

airwrecka wrote:
Anon.y.mousse. wrote:

170. absolutely no change. I'm so disappointed. I keep reading the email to see if I read something wrong.
sorry to hear :/ but you have amazing choices and a new exciting option as of today at work, you're gonna do great!
a little - 172. not as big of an improvement as i was hoping for but oh well

pyramidenergy888

New

Post by pyramidenergy888 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:30 pm

Well I got one more point than last time. Oh well

CMac86

Bronze

Post by CMac86 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:31 pm

airwrecka wrote:
CMac86 wrote:I just got mine. It looks like I fell for the trap answers since I felt really good about the test.

I under-performed my PT average by 4 points. Wrote a 156. Goal was 160+ (aka my PT average or higher). I'll be gradually ramping up my studying again with the goal of retaking in October or December.
you and me both. but it was just your first take, so you got this! :)
:-D Glad that take is over. Now the fun part begins-getting my command to approve the day off to have another take.

maybeman

Bronze

Post by maybeman » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:35 pm

chrysippusofsoli wrote:
Congrats, what a great first score!
Thanks chrys!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

airwrecka

Silver

Post by airwrecka » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:35 pm

Anon.y.mousse. wrote:
airwrecka wrote:
Anon.y.mousse. wrote:

I'm glad you improved, though! Even 2 points in the LSAT game can make a big difference :) Congrats!

maeum

New

Post by maeum » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:36 pm

airwrecka wrote:
maeum wrote:My score was updated on the site first, but as soon as I clicked to see the pdf I received an email.

172 on my first try - my GPA is a 3.7x, so I should definitely retake, right? I'm kind of concerned as to whether I'll be able to increase my score though, because I've already done the 50 most recent PTs and taken a prep course...
I would say you're already in a really good position with that score and GPA! I have a 170 and 3.9 and if you look at my cycle, I've done really well so far (thank god, after today's disaster news). retake if you want to, but it's true that the higher your original score, the harder it is to improve (*cough*I'magreatexampleofthis*cough*)
Wow, congrats on your cycle! Yeah, I think I'm just worried of no change, especially because I studied for a month straight/no distractions (winter break) and now I'll have to study while working :(

AJordan

Silver

Post by AJordan » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:36 pm

Anon.y.mousse. wrote:
airwrecka wrote:
Anon.y.mousse. wrote:

Might not make much of a difference to you but 172 is the score I think qualifies as the first non retake score. 99th percentile is excellent. Great job.
Last edited by AJordan on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

airwrecka

Silver

Post by airwrecka » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:37 pm

maeum wrote:
airwrecka wrote:
maeum wrote:My score was updated on the site first, but as soon as I clicked to see the pdf I received an email.

172 on my first try - my GPA is a 3.7x, so I should definitely retake, right? I'm kind of concerned as to whether I'll be able to increase my score though, because I've already done the 50 most recent PTs and taken a prep course...
I would say you're already in a really good position with that score and GPA! I have a 170 and 3.9 and if you look at my cycle, I've done really well so far (thank god, after today's disaster news). retake if you want to, but it's true that the higher your original score, the harder it is to improve (*cough*I'magreatexampleofthis*cough*)
Wow, congrats on your cycle! Yeah, I think I'm just worried of no change, especially because I studied for a month straight/no distractions (winter break) and now I'll have to study while working :(
I feel you. I studied a LOT for this retake, and I felt really really good after the test, so my score is quite a shock to me. And it's not a fun feeling :?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

maybeman

Bronze

Post by maybeman » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:37 pm

I'm sorry:((( You're having a killer cycle though!

airwrecka

Silver

Post by airwrecka » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:39 pm

maybeman wrote:

I'm sorry:((( You're having a killer cycle though!
This is the only thing keeping me going--knowing that I've already gotten accepted to everywhere I want to go, and I have options. I can suck it up and pay sticker somewhere (well, I should chill, I haven't heard about fin aid from most places yet) or I can go to Mich and be happy/less poor. My dad is REALLY pushing for Mich because one of his partners went there (for medical school) and loved it. And every time I get something from them I really love them more, so we shall see!

maeum

New

Post by maeum » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:39 pm

airwrecka wrote:
maeum wrote:
airwrecka wrote:

I feel you. I studied a LOT for this retake, and I felt really really good after the test, so my score is quite a shock to me. And it's not a fun feeling :?
Definitely... but at least you have a great gpa and a number of acceptances already! Good luck with the rest of your cycle :)

maybeman

Bronze

Post by maybeman » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:40 pm

Anon.y.mousse. wrote:
Congrats ! Still a solid improvement

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

daexplora

New

Post by daexplora » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:40 pm

Hey guys, newbie here. Does everyone typically find out scores the same day? Or are the batches released over the course of multiple days? Really curious as to whether I can count on finding out tonight or not :)

airwrecka

Silver

Post by airwrecka » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:40 pm

maeum wrote:
airwrecka wrote:
maeum wrote:
airwrecka wrote:

Definitely... but at least you have a great gpa and a number of acceptances already! Good luck with the rest of your cycle :)
Thank you :) I'm trying to remain optimistic. Nothing more to be done at this point!

Good luck to you on whatever you decide to do!

airwrecka

Silver

Post by airwrecka » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:41 pm

daexplora wrote:Hey guys, newbie here. Does everyone typically find out scores the same day? Or are the batches released over the course of multiple days? Really curious as to whether I can count on finding out tonight or not :)
It will take multiple hours, but everyone will have their score tonight :)

daexplora

New

Post by daexplora » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:42 pm

airwrecka wrote:
daexplora wrote:Hey guys, newbie here. Does everyone typically find out scores the same day? Or are the batches released over the course of multiple days? Really curious as to whether I can count on finding out tonight or not :)
It will take multiple hours, but everyone will have their score tonight :)
Phew! Okay great, thanks so much!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

sgrimmett6

New

Post by sgrimmett6 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:43 pm

You will find out today.

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver

Post by Anon.y.mousse. » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:43 pm

maybeman wrote:
Anon.y.mousse. wrote:
Congrats ! Still a solid improvement
thank you!!

daexplora

New

Post by daexplora » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:44 pm

sgrimmett6 wrote:
You will find out today.
Thanks for the replies everyone, of course as soon as I posted this I got my score! :) :)

180pedia

New

Post by 180pedia » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:47 pm

Hey all,

I hope everyone got what they were hoping for or motivation to study harder next time!

I did a retake as well (maybe another at some point), and the best you can do is try to look at it as a learning experience whether it was your first time or not. I have another personal account on this website that is probably far too active, and I'm trying to ween myself onto this account.

For those finished their studies, congrats on reaching your target score! And...
[+] Spoiler
I would greatly appreciate any and all contributions to the user database of explanations I have worked on. It is free and will remain free. If you do not have the time or do not want to be bothered entering them, feel free to PM or e-mail me any explanations you typed up. To submit, you would just go to 180pedia.com/every-lsat-practice-test and navigate to the relevant question. I am primarily interested in LR and RC, as I think 7Sage rocks LG and there isn't much to offer in a non-video format... so I will be doing these on my Surface. If you choose to submit on your own, please avoid using single quote or apostrophe ('), double quotes("), backslash (/), and left/right carrot characters (<>). It's a weird glitch that requires a relatively time-consuming workaround on my end.
For those who find themselves having to retake, I hope that the website can possibly offer you some help. And...
[+] Spoiler
The explanation database is largely unpopulated, but every question page has links to the corresponding free explanations from LSAT Hacks, Manhattan Prep, PowerScore, and Velocity LSAT when available at the bottom of the page (i.e. https://180pedia.com/lsat-pt-3-section-1-game-3/ ) . I also have some additional materials including a question displayer and packet maker (dubious value unless you already have a relatively easy way to convert questions to text), score conversion and answer keys for every practice test, and answer keys/organizations to the first 35 PTs categorized by question types.
Also, grey day, and the entire score release system, is fairly miserable, so congrats on getting through that! Also, sorry to be plugging something at this time, as I feel like I would be less than thrilled with it too. I worked fairly hard on it and, biasedly, think it has some potential down the line and present use, so I thought it would be a good time to maximize the exposure!

Feel free to PM or e-mail with any questions.

Most importantly, good luck with applications and your score if still waiting!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

etramak

Silver

Post by etramak » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:48 pm

Cursory review of the thread (service is intermittent for me right now) shows a lot of 170+
Congrats everyone!
Sorry to hear you didn't improve airwrecka, I know it doesn't mean much right now but it's still a great score!

tofuspeedstar

Platinum

Post by tofuspeedstar » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:50 pm

congrats you guys that've improved to the score you've wanted. Hope to see you in the c/o 2020 thread soon so we can enjoy the grind of LS together. :)

to those that didn't hit the mark this time around, no worries. take some time to decompress. after that, pick yourself up, dust off, and back into the books for that second/third/fourth take in June or October. Life's about how you react when you get knocked down. Don't let this learn able test keep you out for the count. I myself am a 3 time LSAT champion so it CAN be done.
Last edited by tofuspeedstar on Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

etramak

Silver

Post by etramak » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:51 pm

Still waiting here. One person who was unhappy with her performance at my test center threatened to complain BECAUSE IT WAS TOO HOT FOR HER LIKING. I hope this isn't the reason I'm still waiting

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver

Post by Anon.y.mousse. » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:52 pm

etramak wrote:Still waiting here. One person who was unhappy with her performance at my test center threatened to complain BECAUSE IT WAS TOO HOT FOR HER LIKING. I hope this isn't the reason I'm still waiting
hopefully it's coming soon.

and tbf my test center was hot as hades but i would never think to complain to lsat about it lol layers ftw.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”