The Official June 2017 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

DOLPHINS, ARE YOU READY TO CRUSH THIS TEST?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:54 pm

FU%# YES!!!
28%
F#$k YES!!!
15%
FEAR MY BOTTLE SHAPED NOSE!!!
56%

Total votes: 39

Bronze

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Post by 88234 » Sun May 21, 2017 1:44 pm

PT 73:

RC: -2
LR: -3 :(
LG: -2 :roll:
LR: -1

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Post by Slippin' Jimmy » Sun May 21, 2017 2:07 pm

Took PT 72 today.

RC -3 LR1 -2 LR2 -3 LG -6 Scaled 169.

That last game was so weird and absolutely killed me. I didn't even answer the last 2 questions because it took me so long to figure out wtf was going on, and I went 2/3 of the questions I did attempt. In an actual test I'd probably guess on those last 2 but for a PT I want to see what my actual ability is. RC I'm happy with, but that LR is a little high for my liking.

3rd 169 in a row and the 4th in a row that's within my goal range and above my previous 167 plateau that lasted forever. I'm happy that I'm consistent but I still feel like I'm leaving points on the table, especially when it comes to LG. Off to a concert and I'll BR tomorrow.

principalagent

Silver

Post by principalagent » Sun May 21, 2017 2:12 pm

Amerision wrote:Mannnnn, I am so frustrated. Took PT 73 today and got a 169. That's three in a row. All three times, I've been really tired, but that's not an excuse. I'm getting so many more wrong in reading comp than I should be and a freaking -4 in LG. This is driving me insane. Just let me stay in the 170s!!
You and I are having the same exact problem! I KEEP getting 169s and I feel all of them just taunting me :cry:

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Sun May 21, 2017 2:23 pm

Went back over the test and I think I got a 170.
So maybe it wasn't easier on a tablet I was just not paying attention haha.
-4 RC
-3 LR1
-4 LR2

I made a lot of dumb mistakes, but there are def some LR I didn't understand. Kind of a good reminder, bc imo I think the LR and RC on tests 70+ are really different than previous tests

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Sun May 21, 2017 2:24 pm

principalagent wrote:
Amerision wrote:Mannnnn, I am so frustrated. Took PT 73 today and got a 169. That's three in a row. All three times, I've been really tired, but that's not an excuse. I'm getting so many more wrong in reading comp than I should be and a freaking -4 in LG. This is driving me insane. Just let me stay in the 170s!!
You and I are having the same exact problem! I KEEP getting 169s and I feel all of them just taunting me :cry:
Review your basics, and put a lot of effort into understanding why you got things both. Try to remember what you were thinking during a question and your reasoning and see where things don't match up. Once you break through this plateau you'll probably see a big increase!!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Post by Slippin' Jimmy » Sun May 21, 2017 2:26 pm

principalagent wrote:
169 forever crew represent!

dm1683

Silver

Post by dm1683 » Sun May 21, 2017 8:06 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:Went back over the test and I think I got a 170.
-4 RC
-3 LR1
-4 LR2

I made a lot of dumb mistakes, but there are def some LR I didn't understand. Kind of a good reminder, bc imo I think the LR and RC on tests 70+ are really different than previous tests
so good at LG he doesn't even have to list it

I hate you :D

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Sun May 21, 2017 10:43 pm

dm1683 wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:Went back over the test and I think I got a 170.
-4 RC
-3 LR1
-4 LR2

so good at LG he doesn't even have to list it

I hate you :D
:wink: :wink: it's the humblest brag

HenryHankPalmer

Bronze

Post by HenryHankPalmer » Sun May 21, 2017 10:43 pm

I'm hitting a wall in the high 160s and it is very frustrating. My last five diagnostics have been 167, 166, 169, 167, 169. I'm getting nearly perfect on LR, but LG is still the bane of my existence. I don't find the sections difficult, I usually get through 3 of the 4 sections perfectly, but run out of time on the last one and leave 4-5 points on the table. Similar situation in reading comp, which is even more frustrating because it was my strongest section to begin with, and now I'm getting -5/-6 on every RC section. I think at this point it is gonna come down to cleaning up little things, but does anyone have any advice for how to get more efficient?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Post by Future Ex-Engineer » Mon May 22, 2017 9:25 am

HenryHankPalmer wrote:I'm hitting a wall in the high 160s and it is very frustrating. My last five diagnostics have been 167, 166, 169, 167, 169. I'm getting nearly perfect on LR, but LG is still the bane of my existence. I don't find the sections difficult, I usually get through 3 of the 4 sections perfectly, but run out of time on the last one and leave 4-5 points on the table. Similar situation in reading comp, which is even more frustrating because it was my strongest section to begin with, and now I'm getting -5/-6 on every RC section. I think at this point it is gonna come down to cleaning up little things, but does anyone have any advice for how to get more efficient?
Drill games. Drill games. Drill games.

They are the easiest section to learn if you put the time in. If you're missing 4-5 per test due to time constraints it just means you haven't practiced them enough. Grind those for the next 3 weeks and get that 170.

tuna_wasabi

Bronze

Post by tuna_wasabi » Mon May 22, 2017 10:52 am

How do you guys push from the 174-176 zone to 177+?

Nik9639

New

Post by Nik9639 » Mon May 22, 2017 11:06 am

Removed.
Last edited by Nik9639 on Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

heyduchess

Silver

Post by heyduchess » Mon May 22, 2017 12:23 pm

I'm so frustrated by RC.

I keep either killing it or being killed. I've drilled. I've reviewed. I've tried everything. And I can't figure out the difference between the times when I do well and when I don't.

BSHALKFDJA;SDLFKJAS;DLKFJ

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Mon May 22, 2017 12:27 pm

heyduchess wrote:I'm so frustrated by RC.

I keep either killing it or being killed. I've drilled. I've reviewed. I've tried everything. And I can't figure out the difference between the times when I do well and when I don't.

same boat as you.

quote me if you find a magical method to -0 RC. thanks<3

saf18hornet

Bronze

Post by saf18hornet » Mon May 22, 2017 1:14 pm

Ugh, yeah I got the PT 19-28 book solely for some extra RC practice. Took PT 19's RC this morning..... I got destroyed. Not helping the confidence since my previous 3 RC sections were -1, -4, -3, after not breaking -7 on the previous 10 RC sections. Hoping it was just an off day. I thought I had figured something out. Some days I have to read so much slower than others in order to comprehend everything :/

If I can get -4 or better on test day RC, I'm guaranteed 170+.

heyduchess

Silver

Post by heyduchess » Mon May 22, 2017 1:30 pm

saf18hornet wrote:

Ugh, yeah I got the PT 19-28 book solely for some extra RC practice. Took PT 19's RC this morning..... I got destroyed. Not helping the confidence since my previous 3 RC sections were -1, -4, -3, after not breaking -7 on the previous 10 RC sections. Hoping it was just an off day. I thought I had figured something out. Some days I have to read so much slower than others in order to comprehend everything :/

Exactly this. I'm -6 LR, -0 LG, and then total wildcard on RC. So it's the difference between a 174 and a 168 for me at this point.

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Post by MediocreAtBest » Mon May 22, 2017 1:32 pm

Feeling extra confident today for some reason so I'm trying to ride this high and kill some of the anxiety that's inevitable with the test being so soon. May the last 2.5 weeks of your test prep be great, and may this be the only LSAT we need to take.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Mon May 22, 2017 1:57 pm

lynn.wibi wrote:How do you guys push from the 174-176 zone to 177+?
I'm planning to sacrifice a goat on Friday if you want in

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Mon May 22, 2017 2:05 pm

heyduchess wrote:
saf18hornet wrote:

Exactly this. I'm -6 LR, -0 LG, and then total wildcard on RC. So it's the difference between a 174 and a 168 for me at this point.
Is this a consistency of application of method issue or not understanding the questions?

Idk if that would help you l guys, but I saw significant improvement in RC when I broke a section down and analyzed everything. Like summarize the passage, the questions. Explain why each AC is wrong, what you're looking for in each question.

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Mon May 22, 2017 2:06 pm

Nik9639 wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
Nik9639 wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
Nik9639 wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
Nik9639 wrote: suh dude

Suh same tc
blah
blah
IF I decide to drive you are welcome to lock your stuff in my car.
Appreciated but no pressure to bring it! Driving can be annoying.
90% chance I'll drive, so just PM me closer to the day to double check and I'll send you my cell number. I'm planning to get there a little earlier on the d day to get a lay of the land.
Sweet, I'll PM you later. I like getting to centers early also just to not feel rushed

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Post by Future Ex-Engineer » Mon May 22, 2017 2:27 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
This is TCR.

In response to OP - I don't think any of us have consistently crushed 177+? We've got some here who haunt the 174-180 range, but nobody is consistently cranking out 178s.

At this high of a level of mastery, super little subtleties can have a huge impact on score, so I think at this high end, it's more a product of dumb luck/perfect execution than anything else.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Barry grandpapy

Bronze

Post by Barry grandpapy » Mon May 22, 2017 3:01 pm

Last edited by Barry grandpapy on Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

heyduchess

Silver

Post by heyduchess » Mon May 22, 2017 5:32 pm

archer grandpapy360 wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
What's the buy in? If I bring my own goat am I covered?
I'm a vegan and goats are my favorite... But for a 178?

Where we meeting, fam?

tuna_wasabi

Bronze

Post by tuna_wasabi » Mon May 22, 2017 6:17 pm

heyduchess wrote:
archer grandpapy360 wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
What's the buy in? If I bring my own goat am I covered?
I'm a vegan and goats are my favorite... But for a 178?

Where we meeting, fam?

Brb checking auspicious dates

it's allgood

Bronze

Post by it's allgood » Mon May 22, 2017 6:20 pm

Platopus wrote:
Jack_Kelly wrote:
Platopus wrote:
Jack_Kelly wrote:Anyone have any advice for rapid LG improvement beyond 7sage and PowerScore?

I'm doing better than most people on here in the 170s on the other sections but just tragic in the games, regularly double digits missed.
Radically reconsider your approach. If you usually do the "multiple scenario" set up like 7 sage, try a parsed down set up, or vice versa. Also, maybe consider spending more time in the actual set up when you are taking the test. I started going from like -4 / -5 to -0/-1 once I spent considerably more time working with the rules on each game. Not always, but sometimes a game will have a key inference, that if figured out blows the whole game wide-open. It feels like cheating, but you are meant to be rewarded for figuring it out. If you don't know what I'm talking about, I would take that as a sign that you should spend more time up front with the rules figuring out how they affect one another. Other tricks: look for logically equivalent answers, use other questions to knock out global MBT, CBT, MBF, etc.
Thanks, I'll try that. I've discovered my main issue is not knowing when to split a board (and when I specifically look for how to split it, I somehow manage to split it wrong a lot).
There are some good indications, for example "S is either in slot 1 or else in slot 7" - split that bitch.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”