The Official June 2017 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

DOLPHINS, ARE YOU READY TO CRUSH THIS TEST?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:54 pm

FU%# YES!!!
28%
F#$k YES!!!
15%
FEAR MY BOTTLE SHAPED NOSE!!!
56%

Total votes: 39

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Post by Slippin' Jimmy » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:12 pm

AnthonyCo wrote:
vtdelt wrote:
AnthonyCo wrote:Hello,

I started "studying" two weeks ago. I took my first timed practice test and got a very low score of 150. I have 1 hour and 15 minutes left to withdraw... Should I?

Is this for real? If your goal is T14, yes.

Yea.. is for real.. also I accidentally skipped a question and in the middle of the first section I had to redo everything... But I think I'll just take the L.. deal with the low score... I think this will be particularly lower than my practice test, there were a lot of readind stuff I couldn't understand..

Also I only answere 6 of the LG, I guessed B on the rest.

Keep in touch everyone let me know if y'all need a paralegal :( :( :( :cry:
Your cancel will look much better than any score you could possibly get while guessing on an entire section.

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:16 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
AnthonyCo wrote:
vtdelt wrote:
AnthonyCo wrote:Hello,

I started "studying" two weeks ago. I took my first timed practice test and got a very low score of 150. I have 1 hour and 15 minutes left to withdraw... Should I?

Is this for real? If your goal is T14, yes.

Yea.. is for real.. also I accidentally skipped a question and in the middle of the first section I had to redo everything... But I think I'll just take the L.. deal with the low score... I think this will be particularly lower than my practice test, there were a lot of readind stuff I couldn't understand..

Also I only answere 6 of the LG, I guessed B on the rest.

Keep in touch everyone let me know if y'all need a paralegal :( :( :( :cry:
Your cancel will look much better than any score you could possibly get while guessing on an entire section.
+180.

I still think we're being trolled but if this is for real and your goal is T14 CANCEL and retake after you hit a PT average around or above the 75% of your #1 school depending on your GPA and time out of school.

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Post by Future Ex-Engineer » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:34 pm

archer grandpapy360 wrote:
vtdelt wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
archer grandpapy360 wrote:So my ticket says "Alex" and my drivers license says "Alexander" and they wouldn't let me take today. :D
No way
Yuppp. How'd it go?
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I legit would have started crying or something. I don't know. They were that strict?
Yup. Don't take at University of Tulsa if you can help it. They have grade A cu*t procotors.
I can't believe this is real. So sorry my dude. There was literally two people at my center who had ridiculous pictures (one guy was a full body shot in a tux, the other was a super tiny picture about the size of one of our TLS emoticons). They both got turned away at the beginning when we were going in, but apparently the main guy called LSAC and let them in right before they started passing out testing materials

Platopus

Gold

Post by Platopus » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:41 pm

vtdelt wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
archer grandpapy360 wrote:So my ticket says "Alex" and my drivers license says "Alexander" and they wouldn't let me take today. :D
No way
Yuppp. How'd it go?
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I legit would have started crying or something. I don't know. They were that strict?
Yup. Don't take at University of Tulsa if you can help it. They have grade A cu*t procotors.
Jesus christ dude, so sorry to hear it. I can't imagine how that would feel. God damn...

Platopus

Gold

Post by Platopus » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:20 pm

If I get a 167 I'm blaming this damn thread.

Edit: Seriously though, you all are great

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Walliums

Silver

Post by Walliums » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:19 am

Platopus wrote:If I get a 167 I'm blaming this damn thread.

<3 <3 <3 <3

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:23 am

Platopus wrote:If I get a 167 I'm blaming this damn thread.

Meanwhile the waiters thread has almost made up the difference in less than 12 hours...

Chi-Town-911

New

Post by Chi-Town-911 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:10 pm

I've been having good luck getting answers to LR questions on this forum <https://forum.powerscore.com/lsat/viewtopic.php?t=13994> but their explanations of games are a little hard to follow. Any suggestions for LG resources?

Chi-Town-911

New

Post by Chi-Town-911 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:14 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Post by Slippin' Jimmy » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:22 pm

Chi-Town-911 wrote:I've been having good luck getting answers to LR questions on this forum <https://forum.powerscore.com/lsat/viewtopic.php?t=13994> but their explanations of games are a little hard to follow. Any suggestions for LG resources?
PowerScore shell confirmed. Manhattan forums are better.

it's allgood

Bronze

Post by it's allgood » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:00 am

Chi-Town-911 wrote:I've been having good luck getting answers to LR questions on this forum <https://forum.powerscore.com/lsat/viewtopic.php?t=13994> but their explanations of games are a little hard to follow. Any suggestions for LG resources?
For LG, I have always used 7Sage videos for explanations. I found powerscore to be most helpful when initially learning the basic of LG but for developing more advanced skills, the 7sage videos were most helpful along with timed PTs and taking LG sections of PTs multiple times.

Jack_Kelly

Silver

Post by Jack_Kelly » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:18 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:07 pm
Jack_Kelly wrote:Any chance at all of really helping a fall '17 application by retaking in June?

I didn't study at all the first time I took it (stuff in my personal life) slash was sick day of and got a 160, I don't think it's unreasonable to think I can get higher 160s if I can actually keep my physical/mental health together this time. Currently in at UTK, waitlisted at W&M and W&L (but think I'll likely get off that one, have literally the best stats of anyone on LSN who is waitlisted there)

Like, would this be enough to get me off the William and Mary waitlist that late in the game? Would it be too late to negotiate any sort of good scholarship with W&L? And would there be any chance at all of a super last minute application elsewhere coming back with any worthwhile scholarship? Or would I just need to wait a year?

Yes using June to up offers this is a common move (I'm doing it too!)

Doubtful that you apply anywhere in June with a new score and get scholly (maybe at wustl)

If you're really confident you can increase I'd say just wait another year and take September. There not reason to force going to schools with questionable employment outcomes if you know you can do better.
Thought of this forum for the first time in a while the other day.

For the record, I wound up retaking (3x) and getting into UVA with $$, now graduated and working in NE, so yeah, an anecdotal data point for the retake mantra.

fethiye

New

Post by fethiye » Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:38 pm

Thanks for information
fethiye tours

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”