The Official June 2017 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

DOLPHINS, ARE YOU READY TO CRUSH THIS TEST?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:54 pm

FU%# YES!!!
28%
F#$k YES!!!
15%
FEAR MY BOTTLE SHAPED NOSE!!!
56%

Total votes: 39

dm1683

Silver

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Post by dm1683 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:31 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
StetsonU wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
StetsonU wrote:Are you guys all on the same prep course or is there a set of pt's you're all taking? What i mean is there a specific order you all are doing the pts, or is it just what you have access to?
im trying to get through all the PTs 62and higher but ill be using some just for section drilling
Ah ok cool. I have 62-71 i got in the lsac packet. However i'm getting 60 pts from a friend in a week or two, i'm assuming it's going to include most of them, so was wondering which numbers people were focusing on.
Depends on how much time you have to study closer to the test you want to prioritize new tests
Yeah I just bought PTs 62-80 on Amazon. They will be my friends for the next seven weeks LOL.

We should all coordinate and take PTs together guys. Like, we all take PT 73 (or whatever) on the same day so we can compare scores, what we found difficult etc.

StetsonU

New

Post by StetsonU » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:26 pm

dm1683 wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
StetsonU wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
StetsonU wrote:Are you guys all on the same prep course or is there a set of pt's you're all taking? What i mean is there a specific order you all are doing the pts, or is it just what you have access to?
im trying to get through all the PTs 62and higher but ill be using some just for section drilling
Ah ok cool. I have 62-71 i got in the lsac packet. However i'm getting 60 pts from a friend in a week or two, i'm assuming it's going to include most of them, so was wondering which numbers people were focusing on.
Depends on how much time you have to study closer to the test you want to prioritize new tests
Yeah I just bought PTs 62-80 on Amazon. They will be my friends for the next seven weeks LOL.

We should all coordinate and take PTs together guys. Like, we all take PT 73 (or whatever) on the same day so we can compare scores, what we found difficult etc.
I plan on taking my pts the same time as when the lsat will be, so i'd be totally down for this.

Barry grandpapy

Bronze

Post by Barry grandpapy » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:47 pm

Last edited by Barry grandpapy on Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Barry grandpapy

Bronze

Post by Barry grandpapy » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:52 pm

Last edited by Barry grandpapy on Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:05 pm

grandpapy360 wrote:
Walliums wrote:
Platopus wrote:
Walliums wrote:Haven't reviewed or scored my PT from today. Had some horrible distractions, didn't get to 5 questions overall (just put in my answer choices of the day), and felt like a zombie for the first 3/4s of the test. Want to throw this PT in the fire. Hold me :oops:

I'm also getting nervous for June because the afternoon time is my normal mental slog and trying to figure out how to best alleviate that. Usually I drink a cup of tea before the test and a cup of tea during the break, obviously I can't do that on test day. I'm trying out caffeine pills instead but man, that half one I did today didn't do much.
I also struggle with that mid-afternoon grogginess. Try messing with your sleep pattern a bit and seeing if going to bed earlier/later has any effect. Also, I would avoid caffeine pills, they seem too unpredictable for me. Try switching up your lunch time/what you eat. I've noticed a big correlation between what I eat before hand, and my performance on PT's and drills. Lastly, if you don't already, try exercising a bit later at night, I usually get really good sleep after a work out, and the next day I feel pretty good. However, don't sweat it too much, come test day let adrenaline do its thing :D
Thanks for the tips! Can't do much about my sleep schedule due to work, but I'm gonna try working out tonight and see if that helps me sleep better/deeper.

What food seems to be working out for you to keep you alert during your PT?
I feel like chiming in. I always do either 1. A banana, an orange, and a handful of almonds half an hour before the test or 2. 3 eggs and two slices of salami.

I think the fat from nuts and or eggs/salami gives me an even amount of energy and keeps me full.

+1

I try to get a fair amount of fats and protein in before I study/ test. Fortunately I'm doing a low carb diet now so that's not hard lol

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Walliums

Silver

Post by Walliums » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:01 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
grandpapy360 wrote: I feel like chiming in. I always do either 1. A banana, an orange, and a handful of almonds half an hour before the test or 2. 3 eggs and two slices of salami.

I think the fat from nuts and or eggs/salami gives me an even amount of energy and keeps me full.

+1

I try to get a fair amount of fats and protein in before I study/ test. Fortunately I'm doing a low carb diet now so that's not hard lol
Thanks guys. I had a nice sandwich with salami and cheese probably 2 hours before the test. Maybe was just a shitty day.

Walliums

Silver

Post by Walliums » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:05 pm

Walliums wrote:Haven't reviewed or scored my PT from today. Had some horrible distractions, didn't get to 5 questions overall (just put in my answer choices of the day), and felt like a zombie for the first 3/4s of the test. Want to throw this PT in the fire. Hold me :oops:

I'm also getting nervous for June because the afternoon time is my normal mental slog and trying to figure out how to best alleviate that. Usually I drink a cup of tea before the test and a cup of tea during the break, obviously I can't do that on test day. I'm trying out caffeine pills instead but man, that half one I did today didn't do much.
Just reviewed this SOB test (ok I blind reviewed 3/4 of the test and kind of gave up because I had a long day. Really good use of the BR, I know)

Ended up with a 171 timed, 173 BR.
RC: -3
LR1: -4
LR2: -5 (this was the section I didn't BR whoopsies)
LG: 0 (rekt AND it had a SOB for the last game)

I don't feel as good as I did the other week when I got that 175. I'm hoping this is a high-low thing for me. Usually I am not -9 on LR, more like -5/-7. Maybe next time I will hit a 173 and then feel better. I'm gonna go work out and really review the incorrect ones tomorrow.

StetsonU

New

Post by StetsonU » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:06 pm

Walliums wrote:

Just reviewed this SOB test (ok I blind reviewed 3/4 of the test and kind of gave up because I had a long day. Really good use of the BR, I know)

Ended up with a 171 timed, 173 BR.
RC: -3
LR1: -4
LR2: -5 (this was the section I didn't BR whoopsies)
LG: 0 (rekt AND it had a SOB for the last game)

I don't feel as good as I did the other week when I got that 175. I'm hoping this is a high-low thing for me. Usually I am not -9 on LR, more like -5/-7. Maybe next time I will hit a 173 and then feel better. I'm gonna go work out and really review the incorrect ones tomorrow.
any trends to your lows? You said you were feeling groggy, anything that you can identify as a constant between your bad tests and the grogginess

Platopus

Gold

Post by Platopus » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:29 pm

MediocreAtBest wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:Took PT 64 yesterday and a weird thing happened with my RC.

So I'm normally around -2 and I do very minimal markup. I usually just tag things in my head and circle main concepts when I'm done with the paragraphs. But yesterday I was underling, using brackets, parentheses all kindsa stuff. Went -5 in both the RC sections.

Haven't been studying as much as I need to be so it makes sense.
I don't mark at all, it sort of distracts me from reading it and focusing the way I normally would. I usually go -2 or less too. I just tag things in my head and try to ID viewpoints and stuff like that. I gave the underlining and marking stuff a shot since I figured that's what the best test takers to, but not touching it at all works much better for me.
Same here, I started doing worse when trying to underline and bracket things. I found I do much better just reading really intensely and actually connecting what the author is saying with what they previously said.
Walliums wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
grandpapy360 wrote: I feel like chiming in. I always do either 1. A banana, an orange, and a handful of almonds half an hour before the test or 2. 3 eggs and two slices of salami.

+1

Thanks guys. I had a nice sandwich with salami and cheese probably 2 hours before the test. Maybe was just a shitty day.
Usually a nice sandwich is perfect for me. Just enough to not be hungry, and not too much that I'm full, decent balance of carbs/protein/fat.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Barry grandpapy

Bronze

Post by Barry grandpapy » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:38 am

Last edited by Barry grandpapy on Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:47 am

In 4 whiskey

Walliums

Silver

Post by Walliums » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:50 am

grandpapy360 wrote:I'm the new OP so things are gonna get pretty baller in here.
Ohhhhhh yeahhhhhh!

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:54 am

Other: vodquila

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Walliums

Silver

Post by Walliums » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:55 am

StetsonU wrote: any trends to your lows? You said you were feeling groggy, anything that you can identify as a constant between your bad tests and the grogginess
This is the first time I took a test and felt really groggy/brain dead. I guess I need to see if it happens again. On LR at least I didn't miss any easy questions, but I went 3/9 out of the hardest LR questions (the other two I missed I had to guess on because I ran out of time).

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:59 am

Walliums wrote:
StetsonU wrote: any trends to your lows? You said you were feeling groggy, anything that you can identify as a constant between your bad tests and the grogginess
This is the first time I took a test and felt really groggy/brain dead. I guess I need to see if it happens again. On LR at least I didn't miss any easy questions, but I went 3/9 out of the hardest LR questions (the other two I missed I had to guess on because I ran out of time).
The fact that you weren't feeling that great for that test and still managed a 171 is actually a good thing imo. Unless you were getting 180's on everything else. Nonetheless still a great score.

chewinggum

Bronze

Post by chewinggum » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:09 am

Last edited by chewinggum on Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Barry grandpapy

Bronze

Post by Barry grandpapy » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:00 am

Last edited by Barry grandpapy on Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:02 am

grandpapy360 wrote:I'm going to drill RC at a coffee shop for a few hours. There isn't enough vodquila in the world to make this enjoyable.
RC blows more than hookers

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:24 am

Today's a really nice day I should spend it all indoors looking at paper

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Post by MediocreAtBest » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:46 pm

Mikey wrote:
grandpapy360 wrote:I'm going to drill RC at a coffee shop for a few hours. There isn't enough vodquila in the world to make this enjoyable.
RC is easily the least fun of the 3 sections. I don't think I've ever turned to an RC section and not let out an audible "ugh"

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:48 pm

MediocreAtBest wrote:
Mikey wrote:
RC is easily the least fun of the 3 sections. I don't think I've ever turned to an RC section and not let out an audible "ugh"
But the articles are interesting..........

No?

No one?

Ok

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Walliums

Silver

Post by Walliums » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:59 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
MediocreAtBest wrote:
Mikey wrote:
But the articles are interesting..........

No?

No one?

Ok
I don't know, I've come across some science ones that are pretty interesting as well as law ones that are pretty interesting. It's the humanities ones that get me... and I was a liberal arts major.

Walliums

Silver

Post by Walliums » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:00 pm

chewinggum wrote:Checking in! Taking the June test and I seriously need to ramp up my studying!

I have a dalmatian puppy so its been so difficult trying to maximize my efforts! But good luck to everyone!
Now you must pay the puppy tax. Photos or else.

Walliums

Silver

Post by Walliums » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:04 pm

Mikey wrote:
Walliums wrote:
The fact that you weren't feeling that great for that test and still managed a 171 is actually a good thing imo. Unless you were getting 180's on everything else. Nonetheless still a great score.
Thanks Mikey <3. I went through the most hellish of the two LR sections again at work today and only missed one (but wasn't 100% confident on a couple more) so I've got to chalk it up to a bad day. Also I forgot to mention it was PT 72, I've heard some complaints about it and I totally crushed that LG section :beefcake:
Last edited by Walliums on Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:07 pm

Walliums wrote:
chewinggum wrote:Checking in! Taking the June test and I seriously need to ramp up my studying!

I have a dalmatian puppy so its been so difficult trying to maximize my efforts! But good luck to everyone!
Now you must pay the puppy tax. Photos or else.

You can't talk about puppers and not supply puppers

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”