The Official June 2017 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

DOLPHINS, ARE YOU READY TO CRUSH THIS TEST?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:54 pm

FU%# YES!!!
28%
F#$k YES!!!
15%
FEAR MY BOTTLE SHAPED NOSE!!!
56%

Total votes: 39

Barry grandpapy

Bronze

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Post by Barry grandpapy » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:59 pm

Last edited by Barry grandpapy on Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:10 pm

grandpapy360 wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:I just saw an olds studying for the lsat
What?

someone in like their 50s

Barry grandpapy

Bronze

Post by Barry grandpapy » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:13 pm

Last edited by Barry grandpapy on Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:20 pm

grandpapy360 wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
grandpapy360 wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:I just saw an olds studying for the lsat
What?

someone in like their 50s
I wonder if they use this forum
ive heard of a couple

its gotta be scary to go to LS that late but i kinda respect

InterLaw

Bronze

Post by InterLaw » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:38 pm

Mikey wrote:
InterLaw wrote:
Mikey wrote:
InterLaw wrote:PT 40 yesterday, I want to burn it.

LR: -3
RC: -5
LG: -5 (*@#+%)

I screwed up the LG section: I couldn't even start the 4th game, guessed 6 questions :evil:
Was that the one with the airplane game?
That.
That game sucked ass, but I remember when I first did it, I could answer most of the questions without really knowing what kind of diagram to do just based off of the rules and inferences. Did you guess on that game or did you try it?
Totally guessed it on PT. I understood it was the hardest and I took it as 4th with 4 minutes left, the first question was time wasting and I ended up guessing all of them. Retook today, did it in 10 mins. However there's a problem remaining: the other 3 games were pretty easy and I couldn't make them on time...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

calmike

Bronze

Post by calmike » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:41 pm

I've been taking 4 section Pts. It's that a mistake?

I'm thinking of taking 2 PTs a week until June. Total number of years will be 10. I'll be making them 5 section tests by splitting up older tests. Is this a good idea?

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:12 pm

InterLaw wrote:
Mikey wrote:
InterLaw wrote:
Mikey wrote:
InterLaw wrote:PT 40 yesterday, I want to burn it.

LR: -3
RC: -5
LG: -5 (*@#+%)

I screwed up the LG section: I couldn't even start the 4th game, guessed 6 questions :evil:
Was that the one with the airplane game?
That.
That game sucked ass, but I remember when I first did it, I could answer most of the questions without really knowing what kind of diagram to do just based off of the rules and inferences. Did you guess on that game or did you try it?
Totally guessed it on PT. I understood it was the hardest and I took it as 4th with 4 minutes left, the first question was time wasting and I ended up guessing all of them. Retook today, did it in 10 mins. However there's a problem remaining: the other 3 games were pretty easy and I couldn't make them on time...
DRILLLLL BABY DRILLLLLLLL

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:03 pm

Got killed today by PT 67, I probably took it too late in the day or something bc I felt wayyyy less focused after my break. Probably doesn't help that I was up till 2 watching hockey lol

RC-4
LR-0
LRexp -1
LG -5 :roll: :?
LR2-4 :(

I think I need to settle down and focus on review for a bit. I haven't been doing any real analysis of what I've gotten wrong other than glancing at things. Especially for RC.

What I've started doing is keeping an excel sheet of what I get wrong on times sections, and then adding notes summarizing the arg and ACs. This way I can store all of my error and review in one place.

principalagent

Silver

Post by principalagent » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:13 pm

Wrapped up two practice tests this week.

PT 52:
LR 1: -5
LG: -1
LR 2: -2
RC: -3
= 169

PT 53:
LR 1: -2
LR 2: -5
RC: -0
= 173

Glad to know my first practice test wasn't a fluke and that I'm definitely practicing in this range. These tests were both the first time I've ever gone less than -5 for LR, which is a huge confidence booster. Nice to get my first perfect section ever too. I just need to figure to get LG down to -0 (-1 each of the last three tests) and keep RC there as well.

Planning to take some random PT in the 70s on Saturday straight through and simulate exam conditions. May add an LR section from an older test as an experimental as well for additional practice.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Barry grandpapy

Bronze

Post by Barry grandpapy » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:16 pm

Last edited by Barry grandpapy on Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Barry grandpapy

Bronze

Post by Barry grandpapy » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:19 pm

Last edited by Barry grandpapy on Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Barry grandpapy

Bronze

Post by Barry grandpapy » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:26 pm

Last edited by Barry grandpapy on Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Platopus

Gold

Post by Platopus » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:41 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:Got killed today by PT 67, I probably took it too late in the day or something bc I felt wayyyy less focused after my break. Probably doesn't help that I was up till 2 watching hockey lol

RC-4
LR-0
LRexp -1

I think I need to settle down and focus on review for a bit. I haven't been doing any real analysis of what I've gotten wrong other than glancing at things. Especially for RC.

What I've started doing is keeping an excel sheet of what I get wrong on times sections, and then adding notes summarizing the arg and ACs. This way I can store all of my error and review in one place.
I have a strong feeling that staying up until 2 negatively affected your performance. I think you're right about settling down and reviewing. It's a nice mental break in itself to just spend a day reviewing.
calmike wrote:I've been taking 4 section Pts. It's that a mistake?

I'm thinking of taking 2 PTs a week until June. Total number of years will be 10. I'll be making them 5 section tests by splitting up older tests. Is this a good idea?
Not necessarily. If you're taking the test on a week day after 8-10 hours of work, you're already fatigued. Personally, I've noticed I do much better on the 2nd half of the test anyway; fatigue seems to have a negligible effect on my performance. However, if you have the opportunity, definitely do 5 section PT's, since it more closely approximates test day conditions, which I think will help with anxiety/nerves more than anything. If you've been drilling and studying for months, I doubt fatigue on test day is going to be a real thing, we're going to be so amped up on adrenaline anyway.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

InterLaw

Bronze

Post by InterLaw » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:37 am

Hey guys I was wondering... I created some days ago an Excel sheet I use to keep track of my improvements. I just fill in the columns after every PT I take specifying the section scores, scaled and percentile, and it elaborates the 5 PT average on every date and the graphics showing single section trends, Score trend and average - percentiles trend.
This is what it looks alike (casual data inserted):

http://imgur.com/a/iF95P

If someone is interested, I could share it here!
If not, peace and love :mrgreen:

twiix

Silver

Post by twiix » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:50 am

InterLaw wrote:Hey guys I was wondering... I created some days ago an Excel sheet I use to keep track of my improvements. I just fill in the columns after every PT I take specifying the section scores, scaled and percentile, and it elaborates the 5 PT average on every date and the graphics showing single section trends, Score trend and average - percentiles trend.

Google doc it. I'm sure some others have similar documents, but for those who don't, it's well worth it. Easy way to see weaknesses and where to spend time touching up weak spots.

saf18hornet

Bronze

Post by saf18hornet » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:54 pm

principalagent wrote:Wrapped up two practice tests this week.

PT 52:
LR 1: -5
LR 2: -2
RC: -3
= 169

PT 53:
LR 1: -2
LR 2: -5
RC: -0
= 173

Glad to know my first practice test wasn't a fluke and that I'm definitely practicing in this range. These tests were both the first time I've ever gone less than -5 for LR, which is a huge confidence booster. Nice to get my first perfect section ever too. I just need to figure to get LG down to -0 (-1 each of the last three tests) and keep RC there as well.

Planning to take some random PT in the 70s on Saturday straight through and simulate exam conditions. May add an LR section from an older test as an experimental as well for additional practice.
What I would do to have a -3 on RC, yet alone a -0. My average over the last 10 PT's is a -6.5, with a range from -3/-10.

saf18hornet

Bronze

Post by saf18hornet » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:56 pm

Platopus wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:Got killed today by PT 67, I probably took it too late in the day or something bc I felt wayyyy less focused after my break. Probably doesn't help that I was up till 2 watching hockey lol

RC-4
LR-0
LRexp -1

I have a strong feeling that staying up until 2 negatively affected your performance. I think you're right about settling down and reviewing. It's a nice mental break in itself to just spend a day reviewing.

Not necessarily. If you're taking the test on a week day after 8-10 hours of work, you're already fatigued. Personally, I've noticed I do much better on the 2nd half of the test anyway; fatigue seems to have a negligible effect on my performance. However, if you have the opportunity, definitely do 5 section PT's, since it more closely approximates test day conditions, which I think will help with anxiety/nerves more than anything. If you've been drilling and studying for months, I doubt fatigue on test day is going to be a real thing, we're going to be so amped up on adrenaline anyway.
Yeah, pretty sure fatigue should not be a concern for 99% of the TLS population. Many good tutors/LSAT courses don't even recommend doing a 5 section test before the actual test day.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

InterLaw

Bronze

Post by InterLaw » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:09 pm

So here's the file I was talking about. Hope someone of you will find it helpful!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzuQ_c ... sp=sharing

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:11 pm

I was just reading the mcgruff method thread and it reminded me how helpful doing test write ups are. I really endorse how he goes about it- I had massive payoffs in RC and LR from doing something similar despite it being a huuuuge pain the ass

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:12 pm

InterLaw wrote:So here's the file I was talking about. Hope someone of you will find it helpful!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzuQ_c ... sp=sharing

Ty this inspired me to update my excel sheet too

zkyggi

Bronze

Post by zkyggi » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:22 pm

TWiiX wrote:
InterLaw wrote:Hey guys I was wondering... I created some days ago an Excel sheet I use to keep track of my improvements. I just fill in the columns after every PT I take specifying the section scores, scaled and percentile, and it elaborates the 5 PT average on every date and the graphics showing single section trends, Score trend and average - percentiles trend.

Google doc it. I'm sure some others have similar documents, but for those who don't, it's well worth it. Easy way to see weaknesses and where to spend time touching up weak spots.
7Sage has free analytics software that does this.

Edit: The spreadsheet does look nice, though.
Last edited by zkyggi on Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

zkyggi

Bronze

Post by zkyggi » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:26 pm

I don't think so. The longest I have taken is a 6-section test, and I have done two tests in one day with a class in between, but I don't think they have helped me much aside from the extra prep time they require. If I eat right and get enough sleep, I'm never fatigued at the end of a four section test. If you are doing intense prep, you've probably had 4-hour days of some kind, so doing that on test day should not effect you enough to cause much worry.
Last edited by zkyggi on Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

dm1683

Silver

Post by dm1683 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:49 pm

DAMN I felt good today. Except with LG. I made a big mistake there. I looked over the section before I started and I decided to go in the order the games were presented - bad idea. Should have done the third one first (or last?) because that one took me like 15 minutes because I missed an inference on the first go. Had like 3 minutes remaining when I turned to the fourth game and had to guess on all 4. Missed them all.

PT 64

LR: -1
LG: -4 (I need to budget my time better. That third game stopped my cold and I had to guess on the last four questions of the last game. Missed all 4.)
LR2: -1
RC: -1( :!: )

Ridiculously happy. I've taken 5 PTs so far and they've been 172 172 172 174 175. On cloud nine RN but watch me get like 168 next time around and fall hard back to earth. :roll:

dm1683

Silver

Post by dm1683 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:54 pm

zkyggi wrote:

I don't think so. The longest I have taken is a 6-section test, and I have done two tests in one day with a class in between, but I don't think they have helped me much aside from the extra prep time they require. If I eat right and get enough sleep, I'm never fatigued at the end of a four section test. If you are doing intense prep, you've probably had 4-hour days of some kind, so doing that on test day should not effect you enough to cause much worry.
Yeah, what I do is just take a four section test, no breaks. I'll start inserting random games sections after I finish the semester in two weeks and I have more free time and less excuses, but I feel like 4 sections without a break = 5 sections with a break as far as stamina is concerned.

ngogirl12

Silver

Post by ngogirl12 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:38 pm

zkyggi wrote:
TWiiX wrote:

7Sage has free analytics software that does this.

Edit: The spreadsheet does look nice, though.
What I like about this is it shows overall progress from test to test, the 7Sage analytics only does it for specific PTs separately. When I start PTing I'm going to adopt something similar to this along with my 7Sage analytics!! Thanks interlaw for sharing!!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”