The Official June 2017 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

DOLPHINS, ARE YOU READY TO CRUSH THIS TEST?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:54 pm

FU%# YES!!!
28%
F#$k YES!!!
15%
FEAR MY BOTTLE SHAPED NOSE!!!
56%

Total votes: 39

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Post by Future Ex-Engineer » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:19 pm

Car crisis averted. Turns out it was a dead battery, and the guy at the auto parts store last week lied to me when he said it was fine.

On another note - lets kill this!

Also, does this turn into the waiter's thread, or can I go ahead and OP it?

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:38 pm

Future Ex-Engineer wrote:
calmike wrote:
vtdelt wrote:
calmike wrote:If I see three of the same letter bubbled, my head sends out warning signals. For example, if there are 3 E's bubbled in a row, one of them is bound to be wrong.
Ultimate mind fuck...
Actually, I just looked at PT 80 and it does have 3 same letters in a row that are correct
Yo. Three in a row actually happens fairly often (I've seen it multiple times in the last 14-15 tests). It's 4 in a row that you don't want to see. It's only happened 3 times in the history of the LSAT, so if you see that, you've got a real conundrum on your hands. 5 in a row, forget that shit
Good to know, I always get scared if I see 3. Even when I'm positive they're all right.

saf18hornet

Bronze

Post by saf18hornet » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:41 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:Let's go preds?
No thanks. I want my pens up by 4 before 10 PM so I can go to bed.

dm1683

Silver

Post by dm1683 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:52 pm

Future Ex-Engineer wrote:Car crisis averted. Turns out it was a dead battery, and the guy at the auto parts store last week lied to me when he said it was fine.

Don't post it until the test is over - bad juju.

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:55 pm

dm1683 wrote:
Future Ex-Engineer wrote:Car crisis averted. Turns out it was a dead battery, and the guy at the auto parts store last week lied to me when he said it was fine.

Don't post it until the test is over - bad juju.

Speaking of which, 15 pages to go...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

34iplaw

Gold

Post by 34iplaw » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:06 pm

Good luck nerds.

tuna_wasabi

Bronze

Post by tuna_wasabi » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:12 pm

LesPaul1995 wrote:
lynn.wibi wrote:What are you all having for breakfast? Like a filling breakfast without the ensuing desire to siesta at 2 PM.
I would advise people to NOT EAT simple carbohydrates tomorrow. That includes fruit, especially high glycemic ones recently mentioned e.g. mango > banana, since you will not have eaten for nearly 3-4 hours thereby spiking your blood sugar. Caffeine increases insulin sensitivity as well, and to avoid any lethargy I would recommend a complex carbohydrate such as a whole grain rice or bread with a fat and protein. The fat will decrease the severity of a blood sugar spike after a few hours, decreasing your chance of feeling groggy after a presumably poor night of sleep. Even though it sounds like overkill, after not eating for some time, eating solely carbohydrates (and especially high glycemic carbs) is a sure fire way to make your energy dip, that is, unless your body is already used to eating in those increments.
Whoa! Thanks for this info! So you wouldn't recommend bananas for the break?

HenryHankPalmer

Bronze

Post by HenryHankPalmer » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:15 pm

About to go carboload on chicken and dumplings, do a few problem sets, watch Cinderella Man, and go to bed. Good luck, here is hoping that this time next month we are all patiently awaiting email confirmation of our 180s.

dm1683

Silver

Post by dm1683 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:15 pm

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

See you on the other side! Go get a good night's sleep and rock it tomorrow!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Neil_Gorsuch

New

Post by Neil_Gorsuch » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:30 pm

Last edited by Neil_Gorsuch on Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mwells56

Silver

Post by mwells56 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:37 pm

Amerision wrote:
dm1683 wrote:
vtdelt wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
mwells56 wrote:PT80

LR1: -1
RC: -3
LG: -6
LR2: -4

It actually wasn't buildings that killed me, it was paintings. Got 3 wrong AND it was a major time sink so I didn't have time to answer the last 3 questions of buildings. If my pacing wasn't off for whatever reason I would've gotten all 3 right and a 170. Not super stoked about this but it could've been worse. Still been performing super well lately (170-172-174-170-168 on my last five) so I'm still pretty confident.
Yeah fuck paintings. While I got more questions right on that one then buildings, it just took so damn long. Had I had more than 5 minutes for buildings I probably would have figured things out and gone -0 on that game.
Yea, paintings was such a time sink. I think I needed 2 more minutes for buildings to go -0 instead of -2 for the two I didn't get to.

I'm actually using paintings as my LG warm up tomorrow...
IDK if this is a good idea. I want to use easy/ medium games for my warm-up for confidence.

But yeah paintings really prevented me from getting a handle on buildings. Just like you I had only 5 min to do it and I guessed on last 2 as a result. Got both wrong. I just don't know how people can go -0 on these LG sections with weird games.
I took this test a week or two ago so it's not super fresh, but I vaguely remember that there was a key inference with the other F painting (watercolor, I think -- the one not in the block). Basically, it could only go with either Goil or Hoil. Having that in mind made the game much easier.
I stopped making inferences on games a long time ago. I pretty much brute force everything now. I found that back when I was using inferences I spent too much time trying to figure out what they wanted me to see. Now I just set up a board and diagram the rules. Went from going like -5 on a good day to -3 on a bad one. It's very helpful on non-traditional games, like buildings and viruses, as well as simple sequencing ones, but once in a while a game like paintings will jumble me up and I spend more time on it than I should.

Tomorrow for games my only hope is that if they're gunna throw a weirdo out there that they don't put a time sink into it. When I finish early/on time in games I usually go -1/-2. When I run out of time I usually go -3 or above.

Overall I think my test is going to hinge on RC. I've been going -3 or less on all my RC sections lately. If I can pull a -1/-2 in RC I think I can snag a 173/174ish. For LR I've been getting something along the lines of -5 (either -2/-3 or -1/-4) combined between the two, and for LG besides today I've been at a consistent -3 or less. So if I go -3 in RC, -5 in LR, and -2 in games that's a perfect -10 and no doubt will get me a 170+. Every question better than that is just gravy.

mwells56

Silver

Post by mwells56 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:42 pm

LesPaul1995 wrote:
lynn.wibi wrote:What are you all having for breakfast? Like a filling breakfast without the ensuing desire to siesta at 2 PM.
I would advise people to NOT EAT simple carbohydrates tomorrow. That includes fruit, especially high glycemic ones recently mentioned e.g. mango > banana, since you will not have eaten for nearly 3-4 hours thereby spiking your blood sugar. Caffeine increases insulin sensitivity as well, and to avoid any lethargy I would recommend a complex carbohydrate such as a whole grain rice or bread with a fat and protein. The fat will decrease the severity of a blood sugar spike after a few hours, decreasing your chance of feeling groggy after a presumably poor night of sleep. Even though it sounds like overkill, after not eating for some time, eating solely carbohydrates (and especially high glycemic carbs) is a sure fire way to make your energy dip, that is, unless your body is already used to eating in those increments.
My plan is an egg bagel with lox and cream cheese with a side of cole slaw plus a medium black coffee and a Nesquick, as I have done before almost every PT I've taken since May.

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:06 pm

I'll throw in a shitpoast to help y'all to 180 land

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Post by Future Ex-Engineer » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:09 pm

I CAN SEE THE PROMISED LAND 15 pages away...

roflsat

New

Post by roflsat » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:10 pm

Good luck, all!

D.C. folk, see you at Blackfinn if we're not too exhausted?

LesPaul1995

Bronze

Post by LesPaul1995 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:13 pm

lynn.wibi wrote:
LesPaul1995 wrote:
Whoa! Thanks for this info! So you wouldn't recommend bananas for the break?
I wouldn't because they are high glycemic and when you have not eaten for some time and eat something highly glycemic you spike your blood sugar more than otherwise. It's just an unnecessary risk to take on test day during a grueling test which requires 100% of optimal mental utility.

LesPaul1995

Bronze

Post by LesPaul1995 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:15 pm

mwells56 wrote:
LesPaul1995 wrote:
My plan is an egg bagel with lox and cream cheese with a side of cole slaw plus a medium black coffee and a Nesquick, as I have done before almost every PT I've taken since May.
Just don't have the nesquick during your break

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:35 pm

Yea, pretty much have been having the same lunch and break food every PT for the last month.

Larrymitchell808

New

Post by Larrymitchell808 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:46 pm

Checklist:
Admission ticket
ID
#2 pencils
Watch
Lunch/Snack
(All in 1 gallon ziploc)
Your A game.

Am I missing anything?

Platopus

Gold

Post by Platopus » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:48 pm

Larrymitchell808 wrote:Checklist:
Admission ticket
ID
#2 pencils
Watch
Lunch/Snack
(All in 1 gallon ziploc)
Your A game.

Am I missing anything?
No. Go to sleep.

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:53 pm

Larrymitchell808 wrote:Checklist:
Admission ticket
ID
#2 pencils
Watch
Lunch/Snack
(All in 1 gallon ziploc)
Your A game.

Am I missing anything?
If not for you then to prevent issues from people around you, Advil/tissues/cough drops. "Karma" my prep person said. Better to have than to listen to someone sniffle/cough near you the whole exam.

Females, extra stuff in case Aunt Flo shows up for you or someone else in your room. "karma".

No need to run out and buy but if you have it and can fit it doesn't hurt.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:03 pm

Last edited by Alexandros on Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Post by Future Ex-Engineer » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:04 am

Absolutely waking up to Lose Yourself tomorrow.

AnthonyCo

New

Post by AnthonyCo » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:46 am

Hello,

I started "studying" two weeks ago. I took my first timed practice test and got a very low score of 150. I have 1 hour and 15 minutes left to withdraw... Should I?

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:38 am

AnthonyCo wrote:Hello,

I started "studying" two weeks ago. I took my first timed practice test and got a very low score of 150. I have 1 hour and 15 minutes left to withdraw... Should I?
Yes

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”