The Official June 2017 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

DOLPHINS, ARE YOU READY TO CRUSH THIS TEST?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:54 pm

FU%# YES!!!
28%
F#$k YES!!!
15%
FEAR MY BOTTLE SHAPED NOSE!!!
56%

Total votes: 39

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Re: The Official June 2017 Study Group

Post by Future Ex-Engineer » Sat May 20, 2017 2:16 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:So that digi test was interesting
So pretty sure that was a released test. Anyone know which number? Some girl at my test center said she had taken that one before.

Edit: after checking, it looks like I had Test 73 with an 'experimental' section of RC from 74.

I'm a little pissed off by that, as I was saving those for the next few weeks. Now that's two of the remaining 'fresh' comparative reading sections burned...

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Sat May 20, 2017 2:29 pm

Future Ex-Engineer wrote:
So pretty sure that was a released test. Anyone know which number? Some girl at my test center said she had taken that one before.

Edit: after checking, it looks like I had Test 73 with an 'experimental' section of RC from 74.

I'm a little pissed off by that, as I was saving those for the next few weeks. Now that's two of the remaining 'fresh' comparative reading sections burned...
Yup that's what I found too

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Sat May 20, 2017 2:29 pm

Lsac just bought me a beer

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Post by Slippin' Jimmy » Sat May 20, 2017 3:03 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:

Wait was it really 73 and 74? That really pisses me off, I haven't done either test yet.

zkyggi

Bronze

Post by zkyggi » Sat May 20, 2017 3:17 pm

Amerision wrote:Mannnnn, I am so frustrated. Took PT 73 today and got a 169. That's three in a row. All three times, I've been really tired, but that's not an excuse. I'm getting so many more wrong in reading comp than I should be and a freaking -4 in LG. This is driving me insane. Just let me stay in the 170s!!
Being tired is a valid reason for abnormally poor performance. Just make changes to rectify it. I did terrible on PT 73 but I was incredibly tired when I took it right after finals. I've sought to maximize my energy levels until test day and my scores have increased quite sharply. When you aren't comprehending things that you know you should be able to under normal conditions, change the conditions.

You'll bounce back.
Last edited by zkyggi on Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

zkyggi

Bronze

Post by zkyggi » Sat May 20, 2017 3:17 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:Lsac just bought me a beer
They want to sabotage your prep to get another $180 out of you.
Last edited by zkyggi on Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Platopus

Gold

Post by Platopus » Sat May 20, 2017 3:24 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:

Wait was it really 73 and 74? That really pisses me off, I haven't done either test yet.
Pisses me off too. Hated the test btw. LG sucks. RC really sucks. LR is okay, but still kinda sucks. Writing Sample is greatly improved tho

Jack_Kelly

Silver

Post by Jack_Kelly » Sat May 20, 2017 3:29 pm

On the digital test, do you get a preliminary score at the end like on the GRE?

LesPaul1995

Bronze

Post by LesPaul1995 » Sat May 20, 2017 3:41 pm

does anyone else's picture look different when printed on their ticket vs when they submitted it online? You can clearly tell it is me on my ticket, though, it is a bit darker and does not fill out the 2x2 box completely.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Post by Future Ex-Engineer » Sat May 20, 2017 3:44 pm

Jack_Kelly wrote:On the digital test, do you get a preliminary score at the end like on the GRE?
no. I just went and during lunch transcribed all my answers from memory. Ended up with a 170 on PT 73

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Post by Future Ex-Engineer » Sat May 20, 2017 3:47 pm

So after going back and inputting my answers for 73 from memory, I ended up with a scaled 170.

PT73
89 raw
170 scaled
-7 RC :shock: So I missed 5 of 7 questions on the Marcusian/advertising passage. Someone's tablet randomly shut off during that section, and the resulting chaos from proctors caused a lot of distractions while I was in that passage. I'm going to hope that's what happened.
-4 LR1: caught two of my mistakes as I was transcribing answers. Just mis-read a couple of ACs and they punished me for pre-phrasing without perfect precision
-0 LG
-1 LR2: caught my mistake here on the transcribe.

Overall can't be mad about consistently breaking 170. Hate hard RC passages though.

Barry grandpapy

Bronze

Post by Barry grandpapy » Sat May 20, 2017 3:56 pm

Last edited by Barry grandpapy on Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Platopus

Gold

Post by Platopus » Sat May 20, 2017 3:56 pm

Future Ex-Engineer wrote:So after going back and inputting my answers for 73 from memory, I ended up with a scaled 170.

PT73
89 raw
170 scaled
-7 RC :shock: So I missed 5 of 7 questions on the Marcusian/advertising passage. Someone's tablet randomly shut off during that section, and the resulting chaos from proctors caused a lot of distractions while I was in that passage. I'm going to hope that's what happened.
-4 LR1: caught two of my mistakes as I was transcribing answers. Just mis-read a couple of ACs and they punished me for pre-phrasing without perfect precision
-0 LG
-1 LR2: caught my mistake here on the transcribe.

Overall can't be mad about consistently breaking 170. Hate hard RC passages though.
Did the same thing, I can't remember the LG answers, but from what I can remember on LR and RC, I'm somewhere between 170-173. Guessing -2 on LG max, so somewhere in that range.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Platopus

Gold

Post by Platopus » Sat May 20, 2017 4:08 pm

archer grandpapy360 wrote:BIIIIIIIG FUCK YOU TO LSAC. Got out from that digital test at 230!!! AND it turns out I already took that shit from a PT a couple weeks ago. Currently blowing $100 on margaritas
My thoughts exactly, I was really hoping for this to be a fresh test with new material. Taking a test I already own is stupid as hell. Do they not have a February test they could've used instead?

Also LG RC LR RC LR for a fake test? They're trying to fuck us here. I'm volunteering, be nice give me a 2 LG experimentals and at least break up all the god damn reading...

Barry grandpapy

Bronze

Post by Barry grandpapy » Sat May 20, 2017 4:24 pm

Last edited by Barry grandpapy on Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Post by MediocreAtBest » Sat May 20, 2017 4:25 pm

Once I saw they were splitting us into two rooms, i figured our chances of running into each other were slim.

The test was...interesting though. Had some pros and cons.

mwells56

Silver

Post by mwells56 » Sat May 20, 2017 4:25 pm

PT71

LR1: -7 (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
LG: -2
LR2: -2
RC: -7

Guessed on the last two on LR 1 because I ran out of time, but after the test I actually did them and would've gotten them both right if I had time so that's fine I guess? Would've been a 169 with both those. I haven't done that poorly on an LR section basically ever.

5 of the 7 I got wrong on RC was from one freaking passage. The third one about innate talents and whatnot I literally only got 1/6. That is so unbelievably infuriating.

Fine with going -2 in LG considering that I knew I had like 30 seconds left to answer three questions and just put down my first intuition for all three and got them all right, somehow.

Same things over and over again. Stupid mistakes. I went back and looked at each question I got wrong. Whenever I do this I have 3 categories basically of how I consider the question: 1) understand it and should've gotten it (some kind of silly mistake), 2) understand it but wouldn't have gotten it (tricked by the wording or something) and 3) don't get it (need to spend a minute with the answer to figure it out). On this test I had SEVEN in the first category....which would've been a 173. The 11 others I got wrong were in the second category, but that happens. Obviously this must've been considered a difficult test because the curve is a whopping -14.

The fact that I've still only broken 170 twice with two weeks to go is starting to give me anxiety. Honestly at this point I'd even be satisfied with a 168-169 because then at least I could go to Michigan/lower t14 even though NYU/Columbia would basically be pipe dreams...then I could give it one more shot in September with a lot less pressure.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Barry grandpapy

Bronze

Post by Barry grandpapy » Sat May 20, 2017 4:33 pm

Last edited by Barry grandpapy on Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Platopus

Gold

Post by Platopus » Sat May 20, 2017 4:36 pm

To add to my frustration, LSAC put the wrong address on the ticket. I stood in line for some random placement test for the psychology department for like 15 minutes in drizzling rain and 55 degree weather waiting to be let into the building. Once in, I was informed they moved the test and had to walk 3 blocks in this shit. Also: God have mercy on the soul of the girl who told me "I don't really even want to be a lawyer, I just thought it would be good to get an advanced degree." One girl had it down, and knew what was going on study wise. Another told me that you needed "a 179 for like Harvard, right" (please God, no!). Asked anyone if they were taking in June, was looked at like I was a leper. Literally NO ONE at my center was taking in June.

Side note: the girl next to me was a solid 10. Haley where you at?! Hahah also, her picture was literally her sitting in a chair, like with her legs in the picture. Pretty sure LSAC didn't give shit about proctoring today. LSAC let in numerous cellphones, backpacks and other shit that was CLEARLY not allowed, and here I am with nothing but an apple in a ziplock bag b/c I read the goddamn directions.

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Sat May 20, 2017 4:37 pm

So am I the only one who thought it was easier on a tablet? I'm not a techie or anything, and I thought I would hate it but man. RC was ok (I'll try and look at the PT73 I own later to see how I did). For me, I don't highlight and reference a lot in RC so having the text literally right next to the questions was like spoon feeding me answers (I could have also bombed it tho soooo)

LR was ok, the way the page is set up forces me to use my methods more (spend significant amount of time reading q before going into ACs)

Games were fine bc scratch paper.

No having to bubble saves me 2 mins per section so I had too much time.

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Sat May 20, 2017 4:38 pm

archer grandpapy360 wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:Lsac just bought me a beer
LSAC just bought me a 64 oz margarita. Cheers!
Prost!

They'll buy me a 6 pack later too

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Sat May 20, 2017 4:38 pm

Side note the lsac employees were really nice one was a cute older lady. It's funny bc we never interact with them but they are people

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Post by Slippin' Jimmy » Sat May 20, 2017 4:59 pm

Platopus wrote:
archer grandpapy360 wrote:BIIIIIIIG FUCK YOU TO LSAC. Got out from that digital test at 230!!! AND it turns out I already took that shit from a PT a couple weeks ago. Currently blowing $100 on margaritas
My thoughts exactly, I was really hoping for this to be a fresh test with new material. Taking a test I already own is stupid as hell. Do they not have a February test they could've used instead?

Also LG RC LR RC LR for a fake test? They're trying to fuck us here. I'm volunteering, be nice give me a 2 LG experimentals and at least break up all the god damn reading...
I got LR LG RC LR RC. I did like having an ACTUAL proctor and the $100 but other than that I'd prefer taking at home and being able to BR.

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Post by MediocreAtBest » Sat May 20, 2017 6:39 pm

I thought LG RC LR RC LR was pretty brutal. I wish you had the option of hiding the timer once 5 minutes are left, having the ticking number at the top makes me feel super rushed. On LG, I liked having the rules on the left side of the screen for each question, but my timing was a little off (maybe because it was the first section) and I barely finished in time. On LR, I think I prefer having the stim immediately above the stem instead of to the side like that, but whatever. Overall I think I prefer a physical test instead of this, but maybe just because that's the way I've been doing it since January haha.

Also thought the test was kinda tough, maybe because of the layout of the sections or because I was running on 3.5 hours of sleep but I'm guessing I'm around 170.

The most useful thing I learned was that I should pack a snack for the actual test, by the third section my stomach was growling like crazy. And U of Richmond's campus is beautiful, even though it's the second best college in the city.

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Sat May 20, 2017 6:58 pm

MediocreAtBest wrote:
Once I saw they were splitting us into two rooms, i figured our chances of running into each other were slim.

The test was...interesting though. Had some pros and cons.
Lol yeah I realized that might not happen. I was in the room on the right of that means anything.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”