NYC Tutor Needed ASAP Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
nikakm

New

NYC Tutor Needed ASAP

Post by nikakm » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:52 pm

I'm retaking in December & need to find an NYC tutor ASAP. Anyone know good tutors that aren't super expensive??

ctruong

New

Re: NYC Tutor Needed ASAP

Post by ctruong » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:14 pm

Bumping this thread up as I am looking for one now. I've researched and found a few. Does anyone have any experience with these tutors? They seem like they have good reviews on yelp, and I've reached out to the reviewers but only one person has gotten back to me.

Also, for those that have worked with them, how many hours/weeks/months did you work these tutors? I'm looking to work hard but I want to feel like the money is worth the score.

1. Laura Hirsch
2. Steve Schwartz
3. Brad (don't know his last name) from LSAT genius.
4. Jon "JD" McCarty of Odyssey Test Prep

QueenBAYder

Bronze

Post by QueenBAYder » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:31 pm

If you're in NYC, check out "Gooroo." It's an app to help find tutors in a wide variety of subjects, including LSAT prep. I found KJ through them and really liked him but they have a few people to choose from.

eck456

Bronze

Post by eck456 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:42 pm

QueenBAYder wrote:If you're in NYC, check out "Gooroo." It's an app to help find tutors in a wide variety of subjects, including LSAT prep. I found KJ through them and really liked him but they have a few people to choose from.
But can we all just agree to boycott Gooroo so their CEO will stop mass emailing every ex-TFA person over 10x in whatever city they decide to set up in next? Just in case he's here: if the first 10 personalized emails/ LinkedIn messages and Facebook messages don't do it, what makes you think the 11th one will? Kthxbi I'll see myself out - hopefully you find a tutor (but use WyzAnt bc they're less obnoxious!)

ctruong

New

Post by ctruong » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:46 pm

ok thanks to both... I'll take a look at both apps.

Hopefully I have some more recommendations?

StopLawying

Silver

Post by StopLawying » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:05 pm

I'd just get someone from Manhattan Prep, they're the best in the business.

You'll have to pay a lot, but from what I've heard from others it's totally worth it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”