Experience with 7Sage? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Theory1195

New

Experience with 7Sage?

Post by Theory1195 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:57 pm

I can't seem to find the specific thread I was looking for regarding 7 Sage, but, anyway.....

What were your positive/negative experiences while using 7 Sage? I have heard tons of great things, a few not-so stellar things, etc. However, I do not want to invest in anything unless I have an ample amount of evidence on it being effective/worth it.

Any comments/thoughts/opinions are greatly appreciated!

-An indecisive student who plans on sitting for the June LSAT.

Mikey

Platinum

Re: Experience with 7Sage?

Post by Mikey » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:20 pm

7sage is great.

Very helpful for LR and LG. RC takes some time to get better at, and if annotating is your type of thing, then 7sage might not be for you in regards to RC. But LR and LG are great.

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Post by Barack O'Drama » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:22 pm

Theory1195 wrote:I can't seem to find the specific thread I was looking for regarding 7 Sage, but, anyway.....

What were your positive/negative experiences while using 7 Sage? I have heard tons of great things, a few not-so stellar things, etc. However, I do not want to invest in anything unless I have an ample amount of evidence on it being effective/worth it.

I've made some long review-type posts about 7Sage and it is no secret around these fora that I am 7Sage's biggest fan.

I think the course is wonderful because it contains thousands of hours of videos; more info than any prep book is going to contain.

Also, the 7Sage philosophies of fool proofing, blind reviewing, and the memory method for RC are tried and true when combined with JY's methods. The course thoroughly breaks down every question type/game type/passage type you're going to see on the LSAT and teaches you the effective tools to deal with them.

The full test explanations/question bank (1000+ questions that can be sorted by type/difficulty) make 7Sage worth it alone IMO. But when you add in the amazing core curriculum and problem sets it isn't even close.

If you like the free logic games explanations I would all but guarantee you'll love the entire course. There's a free 2-week trial period in which you can get your money back, so they stand behind the product.

What not-so-stellar things have you heard?
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Theory1195

New

Post by Theory1195 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Barack O'Drama wrote:
Theory1195 wrote:I can't seem to find the specific thread I was looking for regarding 7 Sage, but, anyway.....

I've made some long review-type posts about 7Sage and it is no secret around these fora that I am 7Sage's biggest fan.

I think the course is wonderful because it contains thousands of hours of videos; more info than any prep book is going to contain.

Also, the 7Sage philosophies of fool proofing, blind reviewing, and the memory method for RC are tried and true when combined with JY's methods. The course thoroughly breaks down every question type/game type/passage type you're going to see on the LSAT and teaches you the effective tools to deal with them.

The full test explanations/question bank (1000+ questions that can be sorted by type/difficulty) make 7Sage worth it alone IMO. But when you add in the amazing core curriculum and problem sets it isn't even close.

If you like the free logic games explanations I would all but guarantee you'll love the entire course. There's a free 2-week trial period in which you can get your money back, so they stand behind the product.

This was so thorough and helpful. Thank you so much. :)

I have seen some of your posts, and they are incredibly helpful!

I think the negative comment was just a singular case of disenchantment with the program. It was a long, rant-like post, which naturally makes me believe it was just a personal-polarizing experience for that person.

I will absolutely look into 7 Sage!

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Post by Barack O'Drama » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:53 pm

Theory1195 wrote:
Barack O'Drama wrote:

This was so thorough and helpful. Thank you so much. :)

I have seen some of your posts, and they are incredibly helpful!

I think the negative comment was just a singular case of disenchantment with the program. It was a long, rant-like post, which naturally makes me believe it was just a personal-polarizing experience for that person.

I will absolutely look into 7 Sage!
That makes me happy to hear my man!
And, yeah, most likely exactly what it was. 7Sage has like a nearly 5/5 (4.93) rating on Yelp!

Do let me know if you have any specific questions about the course and whatnot.

Good luck with whatever you decide :)
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:02 pm

I liked it a lot for LG.
Found Manhattan to be better for LR and RC. Ymmv.

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:09 pm

I didn't take a 7sage course, but watched the 7Sage LG videos for review -- 10/10. They were awesome and extremely helpful

Deardevil

Bronze

Post by Deardevil » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:15 pm

The curriculum is fun; might go through it again.

Not Michael Cohen

New

Post by Not Michael Cohen » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:13 pm

Barack O'Drama wrote:

Hey Barack, really appreciate the insight. I purchased 7Sage's most basic plan two weeks ago and have only done the LG sections up to this point--I'm seeing huge improvements in the games and love JY's teaching style. I'm just about finished going through LG and plan on moving on to the next two sections. SO...

Would you say the curriculum is just as useful with LR and RC as it is with LG? My cold diagnostic was a 152; RC was my highest score, LG my lowest and LR my...middlest. I'm trying to figure out my next step and want to invest my time wisely. Given that JY teaches the "lawgic" language, I'm sure there's a benefit to sticking to the one language, one curriculum, one platform.

But there are some potential downsides as well: very few 7Sage private tutors exist, 7Sage does not have as esteemed a reputation as Testmasters or the Powerscore Bibles and people seem to think LG is 7Sage's strong suit which leads me to believe it's not as strong for the other two sections.

If I were to jump to a different course to learn LR and RC there'd definitely be a learning curve, but maybe that's worth it? Or maybe I supplement 7Sage with the Powerscore Bibles?

You obviously hold 7Sage in a high regard so I know what you're probably going to say: stick with 7sage. But I'd love to hear specifics on why that's the case in regards to RC and particularly, LR. FYI I plan on taking the September 2018 LSAT. Thanks in advance!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”