February 2017 LSAT Thread Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
airwrecka

Silver

Re: February 2017 LSAT Thread

Post by airwrecka » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:49 pm

Neil_Gorsuch wrote:
34iplaw wrote:
airwrecka wrote:Guys, I'm feeling SO discouraged right now. Just got home to open my PT 80 and do the games section because I know that's what I struggle the most with (especially the "weird" games). Well, I BOMBED it. While on a normal games section I can go -0 and have extra time, I went -6 on this one thanks to that horrible last game. I know some people thought it was easier than PT 79's virus game, but I honestly thought the virus game was way easier. I only answered ONE of the questions for the last game (on PT80) :(

I also misread a rule in the first game which caused me to waste time on an easy game.

I would have had to score PERFECTLY on both LR and the RC sections in PT80 to come away with a significantly better score than my June score. Now I am so so stressed about Saturday because all this work I have put in to studying could be ruined by one horrible game.

Ahhhh someone make me feel better this is terrible :( :( :(
Did you misread where N (I think?) goes on the first game? I did that too. I was lucky that I caught it by the first question and I ripped through every other game.

TBH, game 4 is a really weird game, and it was totally new as well. It was not remotely the same as flasks despite what some may say. I was lucky when I took it in person, and I saw the underlying logic immediately. I'm not really sure how one would easily brute force through it.

One thing I will point out is to try and pay attention to the language of games and what variables are interchangeable.

About that game specifically:
[+] Spoiler
IIRC, every question in that game was dealing with an infinite number of trades and every aspect of the game was interchangeable (the companies, class 1s, class 2s, class 3s)... there *had* to be some deeper underlying logic to blow through it.
Ultimately, do not freak out when you see a really weird game. Try to parse through what is going on and give yourself a minute to think it through.

Good luck to you as well, but, in worst case, you still have a 170... which is not a bad place to be. (I may be a fellow 170 retaker in June depending how cycle goes)
Yes, whereas Flasks always had a terminus - only 2 pours possible - this had infinite, which threw me a little bit in the beginning, but as soon as I realized the nature of the rules, I blazed through the first 3 local questions.
Funny, when I first read the comment about flasks I was like "what the hell are you guys talking about?" but after my PT 80 games disaster yesterday, I've spent the morning doing old games and just did the flasks game! haha! and of course I did it perfectly in a good amount of time, too :roll: so I guess that confirms ip's statement about flasks being nothing like the building/trading game :P

Silver

Post by AvatarMeelo » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:22 pm

Welp, definitely not 100% ready for tomorrow but I'll be taking it anyway since I paid for the test and it doesn't hurt to get a feel for it. At this point, probably not even going to cancel it though I'm expecting a score way below my potential. Good luck everyone!

sethnoorzad

New

Post by sethnoorzad » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:05 pm

Should I just drill logic games today because this will be my last time taking the test or just relax? LG is my weakest section. I'm aiming to do better than last time and wondering if the drilling will help the day before or maybe it's just better to relax.... Lol just at home today kind of antsy but don't want to study but don't want to go out and do anything crazy either.

Pozzo

Gold

Post by Pozzo » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:06 pm

Good luck, kids.

etramak

Silver

Post by etramak » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:25 pm

sethnoorzad wrote:Should I just drill logic games today because this will be my last time taking the test or just relax? LG is my weakest section. I'm aiming to do better than last time and wondering if the drilling will help the day before or maybe it's just better to relax.... Lol just at home today kind of antsy but don't want to study but don't want to go out and do anything crazy either.
No idea nor any right what to tell you to drill or not drill since I'm in the same situation. I did my last (practice) LR section ever this morning and that's it. Just replying to confirm - also antsy and have no idea what do with myself. Trying to avoid TV and video games too.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sethnoorzad

New

Post by sethnoorzad » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:32 pm

etramak wrote:
sethnoorzad wrote:Should I just drill logic games today because this will be my last time taking the test or just relax? LG is my weakest section. I'm aiming to do better than last time and wondering if the drilling will help the day before or maybe it's just better to relax.... Lol just at home today kind of antsy but don't want to study but don't want to go out and do anything crazy either.
No idea nor any right what to tell you to drill or not drill since I'm in the same situation. I did my last (practice) LR section ever this morning and that's it. Just replying to confirm - also antsy and have no idea what do with myself. Trying to avoid TV and video games too.
Haha thanks for sharing your similar day... I'm reviewing a little. Going to just do as much as I can handle :)

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver

Post by Anon.y.mousse. » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:39 pm

sethnoorzad wrote:
etramak wrote:
Haha thanks for sharing your similar day... I'm reviewing a little. Going to just do as much as I can handle :)
My mentality is do whatever puts your mind at ease. If for you that means reviewing more logic games, then do that! If studying too much today gets you worked up and anxious, or doubting your readiness, then it's probably counterproductive and you're not retaining much, if anything, of what you're going over today anyways.

At the end of the day, there isn't going to be anything on the test that you can't figure out with what they give you right there on the test, unlike a test where memorization is key. So go into it with the best possible mindset that you can to enable you to think clearly, be creative if necessary, pay attention to details, and do your best.

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:14 pm

Last LSAT ever tomorrow. 3rd take. If I gain 1 point I will be more than happy

etramak

Silver

Post by etramak » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:57 am

God dammit I can't fall back asleep

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

AJordan

Silver

Post by AJordan » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:53 am

Best wishes to all. A toast: may you all do spectacularly, just slightly worse than me. Cheers.

KtLaw747

New

Post by KtLaw747 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:32 am

etramak wrote:God dammit I can't fall back asleep
I know the feeling been up since 4:30. Off to the test center. Good luck everyone I hope you destroy this thing so you never have to take it again. Cheers!

Walliums

Silver

Post by Walliums » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:32 am

Good luck all!! Hope everyone does fantastic!

Pozzo

Gold

Post by Pozzo » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:07 pm

So...?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

AJordan

Silver

Post by AJordan » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:13 pm

I feel pretty good! My center was well proctored and even the students seemed well prepared aside from the 20% or so who brought bags.
Last edited by AJordan on Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:22 am, edited 3 times in total.

paperworkjim

New

Post by paperworkjim » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:36 pm

Hope everyone had a great LSAT! I'm gonna ask the question I think we're all dying to know.... any weird games?

ccsbHYDlaw

New

Post by ccsbHYDlaw » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:43 pm

paperworkjim wrote:Hope everyone had a great LSAT! I'm gonna ask the question I think we're all dying to know.... any weird games?
I had a LG experimental section. The first LG section wasn't bad, actually feeling quite confident about it. But the LG section after the break was hard. I'm hoping the first LG section will count towards my score!!

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver

Post by Anon.y.mousse. » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:43 pm

GUYS WE DID IT CONGRATS!!!!!

ps no super weird games? at least not as hard as september or december in my opinion.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

AJordan

Silver

Post by AJordan » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:50 pm

My entire test felt pretty easy. Would be shocked if the curve was greater than 8 or 9

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver

Post by Anon.y.mousse. » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:51 pm

AJordan wrote:My entire test felt pretty easy. Would be shocked if the curve was greater than 8 or 9
Is the Munich test the same as ours or are all international tests different?

AJordan

Silver

Post by AJordan » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:55 pm

Mod edit: don't talk about what kind of game you had

dm1683

Silver

Post by dm1683 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:57 pm

uh oh, no weird games in feb probably means they'll have like 2 in June. Shiiiiit.

But congrats everyone. Hope to be as confident as you all in 4 months' time.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

AJordan

Silver

Post by AJordan » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:58 pm

I was really hoping for weird games as games are by far my best section. Was disappointed to have easy games imo

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver

Post by Anon.y.mousse. » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:01 pm

AJordan wrote:If you didn't have a circular logic game our tests were differnet
Sorry, the game scheduling classes? Making sure we're talking about the same thing.

etramak

Silver

Post by etramak » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:04 pm

Was Bees or Plate tectonics the real RCDS? Otherwise pretty standard. I thought LG was the hardest section despite no weird games. A few difficult questions in each section. Unless I misbubbled I expect to hit 170.

AJordan

Silver

Post by AJordan » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:05 pm

Anon.y.mousse. wrote:
AJordan wrote:If you didn't have a circular logic game our tests were differnet
Sorry, the game scheduling classes? Making sure we're talking about the same thing.
I don't think we had the same test. That doesn't ring a bell. I'm cautious about revealing anything specific about the test in lieu of violating terms. Don't wanna get myself flagged.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”