February 2017 LSAT Thread Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
appind

Gold

Re: February 2017 LSAT Thread

Post by appind » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:50 pm

etramak wrote:
Plurple_Unicorn wrote:
etramak wrote:
Plurple_Unicorn wrote:I had two LG and RC sections.
I think my test went like this: LG RC LR RC LG
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Actually, I'm not so sure it was in that order.

Curve predictions? I'm not sure how I feel about it.
But how can you have two LGs and two RCs? You need to have two LR sections.
Someone who usually gets it right predicted -12 to -13. But there isnt really a point in predicting the scale. February test is undisclosed so you wont know the scale nor will you know how many questions you got wrong.
this is so funny

most likely the op is still under the haze of test

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:57 pm

etramak wrote:
Plurple_Unicorn wrote:I had two LG and RC sections.
I think my test went like this: LG RC LR RC LG
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
[youtube]HQoRXhS7vlU[/youtube]

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:03 pm

appind wrote:
this is so funny

OR

maybe he/she is living in an parallel (TRIGGERED) universe and in their world, the LSAT has 2 LG sections instead of 2 LRs. ever thought of that?

CMac86

Bronze

Post by CMac86 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:08 pm

Mikey wrote:how does one have 2 RC's and 2 LG's o.O
Alternative Facts. :-D

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:35 pm

Hi folks- I hope you all did well and congrats on being done for now. Quick reminder to not talk about the kind of logic games you had, and if you have questions about what you can post, please consult the sticky at the top of this forum. Thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

212Don

New

Post by 212Don » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:43 pm

A. Nony Mouse wrote:Hi folks- I hope you all did well and congrats on being done for now. Quick reminder to not talk about the kind of logic games you had, and if you have questions about what you can post, please consult the sticky at the top of this forum. Thanks!

Why not?
the tests will be published anyway and we've already taken them.
Its not like were stating anything word for word and infringing on copyright here.

maybeman

Bronze

Post by maybeman » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:50 pm

212Don wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:Hi folks- I hope you all did well and congrats on being done for now. Quick reminder to not talk about the kind of logic games you had, and if you have questions about what you can post, please consult the sticky at the top of this forum. Thanks!

Why not?
Its not like were stating anything word for word and infringing on copyright here.
don't get the forum in trouble. and you signed a certifying statement promising not to ..

chrysippusofsoli

New

Post by chrysippusofsoli » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:52 pm

Mikey wrote:
appind wrote:
this is so funny

OR

maybe he/she is living in an parallel (TRIGGERED) universe and in their world, the LSAT has 2 LG sections instead of 2 LRs. ever thought of that?
I would love to be in a parallel universe with 5-LR LSATs!

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:15 pm

212Don wrote:

Why not?
Because that's the rule, because LSAC monitors these forums and doesn't like it when people talk about that and sends us cease and desist letters.

When they're published you can do whatever you like.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

chrysippusofsoli

New

Post by chrysippusofsoli » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:22 pm

A. Nony Mouse wrote:
212Don wrote:

Why not?
Because that's the rule, because LSAC monitors these forums and doesn't like it when people talk about that and sends us cease and desist letters.

Might be worth noting too (since the thread is specifically about the February 2017 test) that February tests are not published, so we might (unfortunately) never be able to discuss it!

AJordan

Silver

Post by AJordan » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:53 am

A. Nony Mouse wrote:
212Don wrote:

Why not?

Whoops! Sorry! Thanks for lookin out! Didn't mean to skirt any rules.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:02 am

AJordan wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:
212Don wrote:

Why not?

Whoops! Sorry! Thanks for lookin out! Didn't mean to skirt any rules.
:D no worries. Hope you get the score you wanted!

AJordan

Silver

Post by AJordan » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:18 am

Thanks. There are a few posts with quoted texts a few pages back that didn't get the wipe treatment that I can't touch. Just wanted to bring that to your attention.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Npret

Gold

Post by Npret » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:13 am

212Don wrote:

Why not?
When are the undisclosed tests published? I haven't looked at an LSAT for years but I thought the undisclosed tests weren't published.

212Don

New

Post by 212Don » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:51 pm

Npret wrote:
212Don wrote:

Why not?
When are the undisclosed tests published? I haven't looked at an LSAT for years but I thought the undisclosed tests weren't published.

I just looked it up.
Why I February undisclosed?
that sucks i would love to go over it later to see my performance.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:19 pm

Yeah, February is undisclosed and always has been. I believe it's so LSAC can have a reserve of questions in case of emergencies (rescheduling for bad weather, Sabbath takers, international takers).

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:10 am

A. Nony Mouse wrote:Yeah, February is undisclosed and always has been. I believe it's so LSAC can have a reserve of questions in case of emergencies (rescheduling for bad weather, Sabbath takers, international takers).
You'd think with all of my money they could create a whole extra set of questions for those situations :lol:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

LegallyBlackJD

Bronze

Post by LegallyBlackJD » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:40 pm

Pmakesp wrote:
LegallyBlackJD wrote:LR, RC, LR, LR, LG

I found one of the passages in RC to be a bit on the difficult side.
LG was pretty straightforward, except circle game got to me a bit. I always go -0 (lowest)/-2(highest) on LG. I definitely got more than 2 wrong.
I thought LR was fine.

Which one was experimental? do you know?

Sorry, I just saw this - and my mind has totally rid itself of all things LSAT.

lawdog2017

New

Post by lawdog2017 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:12 pm

Grey day!

180pedia

New

Post by 180pedia » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:44 pm

Hey all,

I hope everyone got what they were hoping for or motivation to study harder next time!

I did a retake as well (maybe another at some point), and the best you can do is try to look at it as a learning experience whether it was your first time or not. I have another personal account on this website that is probably far too active, and I'm trying to ween myself onto this account.

For those finished their studies, congrats on reaching your target score! And...
[+] Spoiler
I would greatly appreciate any and all contributions to the user database of explanations I have worked on. It is free and will remain free. If you do not have the time or do not want to be bothered entering them, feel free to PM or e-mail me any explanations you typed up. To submit, you would just go to 180pedia.com/every-lsat-practice-test and navigate to the relevant question. I am primarily interested in LR and RC, as I think 7Sage rocks LG and there isn't much to offer in a non-video format... so I will be doing these on my Surface. If you choose to submit on your own, please avoid using single quote or apostrophe ('), double quotes("), backslash (/), and left/right carrot characters (<>). It's a weird glitch that requires a relatively time-consuming workaround on my end.
For those who find themselves having to retake, I hope that the website can possibly offer you some help. And...
[+] Spoiler
The explanation database is largely unpopulated, but every question page has links to the corresponding free explanations from LSAT Hacks, Manhattan Prep, PowerScore, and Velocity LSAT when available at the bottom of the page (i.e. https://180pedia.com/lsat-pt-3-section-1-game-3/ ) . I also have some additional materials including a question displayer and packet maker (dubious value unless you already have a relatively easy way to convert questions to text), score conversion and answer keys for every practice test, and answer keys/organizations to the first 35 PTs categorized by question types.
Also, grey day, and the entire score release system, is fairly miserable, so congrats on getting through that! Also, sorry to be plugging something at this time, as I feel like I would be less than thrilled with it too. I worked fairly hard on it and, biasedly, think it has some potential down the line and present use, so I thought it would be a good time to maximize the exposure!

Feel free to PM or e-mail with any questions.

Walliums

Silver

Post by Walliums » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:25 pm

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”