February 2017 LSAT Thread Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Mousebandit

New

February 2017 LSAT Thread

Post by Mousebandit » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:25 pm

Anyone else out there looking ahead to the February 2017 test yet?

MouseBandit
Last edited by Mousebandit on Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

YimaoL

New

Re: Is there a February Test thread yet?

Post by YimaoL » Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:23 pm

yup

maybeman

Bronze

Post by maybeman » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:26 pm

Checking in lol

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:30 pm

i don't think there is one. just make it if there isn't

Mousebandit

New

Post by Mousebandit » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:36 am

Gearing up to start a study schedule. Ordered the bibles, and a book of PTs. Did this all once before, but it was a very long time ago. I'm Intending to study very seriously for February, hopefully nail it, then it may be quite some time before I'm ready to apply, but at least I'll have this out of the way.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

maybeman

Bronze

Post by maybeman » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:57 pm

Mousebandit wrote:Gearing up to start a study schedule. Ordered the bibles, and a book of PTs. Did this all once before, but it was a very long time ago. I'm Intending to study very seriously for February, hopefully nail it, then it may be quite some time before I'm ready to apply, but at least I'll have this out of the way.
Good plan! I'm in a similar boat. I wouldn't set a concrete date bc maybe you'll feel ready by december (or june). You should rename this thread "February LSAT thread" lets goo

Mousebandit

New

Re: February 2017 LSAT Thread

Post by Mousebandit » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:55 pm

Did my first two sections to gauge where I'm at. Still waiting for the bibles and SuperPrep to show up, I'm guessing they will have some sort of assessment tests to start with.

My first section was logic games, which I used to rock. Ha! I will be studying those in great depth, apparently! I took over an hour and still missed a bunch.

Just did the next section, which was logical reasoning, and was much more gratified, lol.

Tomorrow I'll do an RC section, and Wednesday start on the bibles.

Anyone got a specific study plan they're going to follow? I just started looking at Pithypike's thread, and it looks like a good plan to start with.

Let's do this!

CMac86

Bronze

Post by CMac86 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:56 am

As long as I can get the day off approved by my job, I'm planning on taking this test as my first one.

I've been reading the Pithypike Guide as well as the "10 Steps to Taking LSAT Practice Tests" guide from Powerscore.

I have the Powerscore Bibles and workbooks, just ordered the LSAT Trainer, and have two books of practice tests. I studied for two months, took two months off (work/life got insanely busy), and now my schedule is stable/slow enough that I have time to study without dropping my sleep levels to non-existent.

Blueprint Mithun

Bronze

Post by Blueprint Mithun » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:03 pm

I was wondering when this topic would show up. If anyone's got any questions or in need of advice, let me know. I've been teaching the test for 2 and half years now and frequent this board. :)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Mousebandit

New

Post by Mousebandit » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:06 am

Got my bibles and SuperPrep today. Finished my RC section last night, so I have an idea now which sections I'm strongest and weakest on. So, that said, is it best to start with the section you are weakest on (for me that will be LG) in, and go through the corresponding bible, or start with a different type, or do a little bit each week from all three types? I'll go back through PithyPikes thread and others, too, to see what the general consensus has been on this.

maybeman

Bronze

Post by maybeman » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:12 am

Blueprint Mithun wrote:I was wondering when this topic would show up. If anyone's got any questions or in need of advice, let me know. I've been teaching the test for 2 and half years now and frequent this board. :)
:D :D
BM is here. This thread is now legit. Poll plz

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Post by Barack O'Drama » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:18 am

Checking in! Will probably take in Feb or next June, but still not sure...

I've checked into the September 16' and December 16' and now this, lol. :lol:

Either way, I enjoy the community, haha
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blueprint Mithun

Bronze

Post by Blueprint Mithun » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:04 am

maybeman wrote:
Blueprint Mithun wrote:I was wondering when this topic would show up. If anyone's got any questions or in need of advice, let me know. I've been teaching the test for 2 and half years now and frequent this board. :)
:D :D
BM is here. This thread is now legit. Poll plz

*insert bowing emoji*

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

maybeman

Bronze

Post by maybeman » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:25 am

Barack O'Drama wrote:
I enjoy the community
Can I quote this on 7Sage? :wink: :wink: . Also, yeah! We're on the same timelines ("I see Y in your future"-- :D )

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Post by Barack O'Drama » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:59 pm

maybeman wrote:
Barack O'Drama wrote:
I enjoy the community
Can I quote this on 7Sage? :wink: :wink: . Also, yeah! We're on the same timelines ("I see Y in your future"-- :D )

HHAHA! Yes! :)

I'm stoked we are on the same timeline, it will be nice to have a study buddy on both here and 7Sage! :lol:
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

libbyvalance

New

Post by libbyvalance » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:01 am

Totally up in here! Is anybody taking any prep courses or are you going solo?

CMac86

Bronze

Post by CMac86 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:07 pm

libbyvalance wrote:Totally up in here! Is anybody taking any prep courses or are you going solo?
Solo at the moment.

I'm following a 12 week plan from the LSATTrainer. I'm about two week in. My scores are gradually climbing, I'm shaking the rust off, and am thinking more inline with the test. Depending where I'm at at the end of this plan, I am considering giving 7sage a shot...and if I don't write the score that I want on the February test, I will more than likely use 7sage or an online self-study type course to study for the retest.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

BadGrlBreBre

New

Post by BadGrlBreBre » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:53 pm

CMac86 wrote:
libbyvalance wrote:Totally up in here! Is anybody taking any prep courses or are you going solo?
Solo at the moment.

I'm following a 12 week plan from the LSATTrainer. I'm about two week in. My scores are gradually climbing, I'm shaking the rust off, and am thinking more inline with the test. Depending where I'm at at the end of this plan, I am considering giving 7sage a shot...and if I don't write the score that I want on the February test, I will more than likely use 7sage or an online self-study type course to study for the retest.

Are you using the LSAT Trainer or just the 12wk plan? I bought the book and read the first couple of chapters and I like the way he explains things, but I haven't started studying yet.

CMac86

Bronze

Post by CMac86 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:53 pm

BadGrlBreBre wrote:
CMac86 wrote:
Solo at the moment.

Are you using the LSAT Trainer or just the 12wk plan? I bought the book and read the first couple of chapters and I like the way he explains things, but I haven't started studying yet.
I'm using the book as well. I like it so far. I'm getting ready to read Chapter 11.

The explanations are just different enough from the Powerscore Bibles that I'm having a few "ah ha!" moments. I think the biggest way that I am deviating from the provided schedule is that I am doing at least one practice test per week (I have 29-38 and 52-61, using the older ones for the unscheduled practice tests).

Depending on how I am doing using the diagramming methods described in this book (LSAT Trainer), I might end up going back over the LG Bible. It has been at least three months since I read that book, including taking two months off from studying completely. I don't have any crazy tours coming up between now and the February LSAT, so I think I'll be AOK.

MusicallyGinger

New

Post by MusicallyGinger » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:40 pm

Checking in

Going to be taking a shot at both the February and June tests. I'm definitely taking the June test, considering the February one if I feel confident enough by December. Just read through the beginning of the LSAT Trainer guide. I'm going to do the 16wk schedule and then ride out on 7sage guides and bibles until test date. I don't know if i'm thinking too far ahead of myself study wise, considering the only date i'm solid on is June test date.

BadGrlBreBre

New

Post by BadGrlBreBre » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:54 am

MusicallyGinger wrote:Checking in

Going to be taking a shot at both the February and June tests. I'm definitely taking the June test, considering the February one if I feel confident enough by December. Just read through the beginning of the LSAT Trainer guide. I'm going to do the 16wk schedule and then ride out on 7sage guides and bibles until test date. I don't know if I'm thinking too far ahead of myself study wise, considering the only date I'm solid on is June test date.
Actually, I like that Idea, only because I'm taking 18 credits this semester and I work 50 hours a week ( don't worry, semseterI did the semester working 60hrs and got a 3.6 :wink: ). I'm just trying to organize my planner to see when do I sleep and when do I study for the LSAT.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

maybeman

Bronze

Post by maybeman » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:43 pm

Just BR'd PT 63.. improving slowly but steadily:

LR: -0/-5 (always get nailed by the second section--my endurance is terrible)
LG: -3 (didn't get caught on any game just misread two questions/missed a substitution & equivalence one)
RC: -4 (not much to say other than theories about geothermal rock suck)

169. Pretty happy with this. My timeframe seems to be looking good. Hope everybody is still going strong

CMac86

Bronze

Post by CMac86 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:53 am

Took PT#54 last night. I'm improving slowly but surely. Raw score was my highest so far (75), and the adjusted score was the highest since I resumed studying a month ago at 158. In the month and some change that I have been back studying my raw score went from 62 to 75 and adjusted score went from 153-158. I'm hoping to maintain this upward trend. My goal score range is 165-172. According to LSN, 158-160 is what I need to get into the bulk of my goal schools, and I would need a 170+ to get into my reach school(s).

It was my best LG section so far at -4, normally I'm -6 or -8. LR's were on the low side of average (-6 and -8), my average is -8 to -9. RC was a bear for me, and one of the worst sections I have completed at -8.

I'm nearly finished with reading the LSAT Trainer book. I want to review quite a bit of it, though, mostly the LR sections.

I'm looking forward to my schedule stabilizing as fall arrives, and the number of outdoor gigs I do drops off. At the moment, I'm lucky if I hit 10hrs a week of LSAT study time, but I'm gradually increasing that amount where I can get it. From what I've heard, my work schedule should slow down a bit in late October with the slowest time being mid-December through early February.

Walliums

Silver

Post by Walliums » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:17 pm

Barack O'Drama wrote:
maybeman wrote:
Barack O'Drama wrote:
I enjoy the community

I'm stoked we are on the same timeline, it will be nice to have a study buddy on both here and 7Sage! :lol:
Whaddup Barack! Another December here also. Trying to live the philosophy of taking the test when I'm PTing the score I want, rather than aiming for a specific test date.

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Post by Barack O'Drama » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:08 pm

Walliums wrote:
Barack O'Drama wrote:
maybeman wrote:
Barack O'Drama wrote:
I enjoy the community

Whaddup Barack! Another December here also. Trying to live the philosophy of taking the test when I'm PTing the score I want, rather than aiming for a specific test date.
Hey Walliums,

My favorite owl-poster! :)

Yeah, I realized pretty early on that December was kind of pushing it. Feb or June is looking more realistic for me. It is all going to depend on like you said the PT average being where we need it to be. I figure we came this far, no reason to mess up the last part because of hubris or impatience.

Happy to hear you are taking the same approach!
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”