Cambridge Ultimate prep package for PT & drilling? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Nooblarzlarz

Bronze

Cambridge Ultimate prep package for PT & drilling?

Post by Nooblarzlarz » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:04 pm

Hey TLS

I currently have the PS Bibles for all 3 sections (probably going to get MLSAT's LR & RC as well). As far as drilling and PTing goes, what is the best way to get all the material, while also not cannibalizing PTs too much?

This Ultimate LSAT Prep Package from Cambridge looks pretty good, but wanted the collective wisdom from TLS before pulling a $266 trigger on it.
Basically, it has tests 1-38 separated by questions type and difficulty, and then tests 39-68 as the actual test (I'm assuming without the experimental but with the writing section).

So basically, 38 older tests worth of material for drilling, and 30 newer tests for PTing.

Good deal? Bad deal? Any other options that I should go with instead of this?

magickware

Bronze

Re: Cambridge Ultimate prep package for PT & drilling?

Post by magickware » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:10 pm

Here's what I would recommend, based off NoodleyOne's "guide" strategies and my own experiences-

Step 1-Go through all of the Cambridge LSAT packages that break down PT 1-38 into their respective question types. Your goal here is accuracy. You do not want to time yourself; you just want to be able to thoroughly understand the material and what it does. I really just like the MLSAT LR book because it helped me a whole lot more than the PS LR book, but it is personal preferences and depends on your background. If you have experience with logical reasoning in general, then PS is fine. If not, MLSAT is the way to go. Just follow it chapter by chapter.

The key here that I think a lot of people don't mention (because it is almost implicit in studying) is that you need to understand the question type itself. There are commonalities and threads in each question type, and LSAC really plays them up. If you see them, then all questions of that type will be doable. Because if you see the thread, then you know exactly what to do. If you don't, then you know that something is wrong and you can react accordingly. In other words, you will not be lost.

Step 2-Timed stuff. Go through all the Cambridge LSAT packages again, but this time you will time yourself. Divide the shit up however much you want, but try to make it similar to the LSAT timing. For LG, you want to be able to do every game under 8min, 45 seconds. Each LR question should ideally be done under a minute unless it's diff. 4. You will obviously remember the questions because you went through them thoroughly previously, but that is irrelevant because you're now timed. You will likely forget. If you don't, then strive to understand why a question is wrong under a minute.

Step 3-PTs. Do about 3 PTs a week. One day to do a PT, the next day to review it. More time to review is fine. Just keep in mind that reviewing is key. Cannibalizing from other PTs is fine here. You just want to be doing 5 section PTs at all time.

Now, onto your actual question on hand-From the looks of it, the ultimate LSAT Prep package is just all of their PTs from 40-68 and all their problem sets/work packages. That's fine. I'm pretty sure that's what most people recommend. No idea if the bundle is cheaper than all those things individually though.

Nooblarzlarz

Bronze

Post by Nooblarzlarz » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:38 pm

magickware wrote:Now, onto your actual question on hand-From the looks of it, the ultimate LSAT Prep package is just all of their PTs from 40-68 and all their problem sets/work packages. That's fine. I'm pretty sure that's what most people recommend. No idea if the bundle is cheaper than all those things individually though.
Looks like if I purchased it separately, it would run about $359 instead of $266.

90convoy

Silver

Post by 90convoy » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:56 pm

Did you end up getting it? Im on the verge of getting it too, it just seems like hella money to spend...

scandk

Bronze

Post by scandk » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:11 pm

Are you talking about this?

http://www.amazon.com/LSAT-Ultimate-Pre ... B0047OVBOO

Is there a pdf version of it available? I'd like to be able to redo the problems, but still write on the page.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

nyjets2090

Bronze

Post by nyjets2090 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:21 pm

http://www.cambridgelsat.com/bundles/ul ... p-package/

I used the above package which I think is what OP was talking about. The paperback version on amazon DOES NOT have PTs 61-68.

I printed out the above package at the UPS store. Was about $120.00 to print I think. I would not recommend this to somebody taking a course.

Monetarily, great deal. 6 cents a question counting printing costs.

scandk

Bronze

Post by scandk » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:28 pm

266 + 120 to print = 386. The paperback version is 300... would it be a better idea just to get the paperback version, and not write on it? -.-

nyjets2090

Bronze

Post by nyjets2090 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:33 pm

scandk wrote:266 + 120 to print = 386. The paperback version is 300... would it be a better idea just to get the paperback version, and not write on it? -.-
But the paperbacks are missing PTs 61-68, as I said...

NoodleyOne

Gold

Post by NoodleyOne » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:53 pm

If you're still in UG, you should be able to print for either cheap/free (I had a friend in the SGA who printed all of mine for me).

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

CourCour

Bronze

Post by CourCour » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:18 pm

Also its just easier to be able to reprint a Q if you want to use it. I bought some pdfs off of their website and really liked it. I wish I had discovered the full package before I bought other resources/books.

scandk

Bronze

Post by scandk » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:04 pm

NoodleyOne wrote:If you're still in UG, you should be able to print for either cheap/free (I had a friend in the SGA who printed all of mine for me).
Totally forgot about this. Costs 10 cents a sheet at UG lib, but club leaders get unlimited printing. Definitely getting the PDF file.

scandk

Bronze

Post by scandk » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:07 pm

nyjets2090 wrote:
scandk wrote:266 + 120 to print = 386. The paperback version is 300... would it be a better idea just to get the paperback version, and not write on it? -.-
But the paperbacks are missing PTs 61-68, as I said...
Right. Good point. Now that I know I don't have to pay $120 to print, my decision has been made. By the way, thanks for the link!

scandk

Bronze

Post by scandk » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:24 pm

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”