Velocity LSAT Protests (Merged) Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
hondars112

New

Re: Velocity LSAT Protests (Merged)

Post by hondars112 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:39 am

With all respect, Im sharing my experience in my own thread (in the correct thread)..

So velocity giving a discount after me? i think its a cruel joke.

hume85

Silver

Post by hume85 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:01 am

hondars112 wrote:With all respect, Im sharing my experience in my own thread (in the correct thread)..

Yeah, but no one seems to be interested in your experience. You are beating a dead horse. When Dave Hall gave a hondars discount we all thought it was great.

hondars112

New

Post by hondars112 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:35 am

You should probably study your flawed reasoning. Go see your velocity buddy

hume85

Silver

Post by hume85 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:44 am

hondars112 wrote:You should probably study your flawed reasoning. Go see your velocity buddy
If you're talking to me then you're an idiot. I got a 170+ LSAT after studying for two months on my own. You paid for a prep course and probably failed: you created a bunch of redundant threads bashing Velocity. You're an idiot, and not even Dave Hall could help you. Enjoy your TTTT life, buddy.

BlaqBella

Silver

Post by BlaqBella » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:45 am

hondars112 wrote:With all respect, Im sharing my experience in my own thread (in the correct thread)..

I agree, it is.

I hope you get your money back. Keep us posted.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

hondars112

New

Post by hondars112 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:52 am

hume85, there is no reason to go to forums and bash other people for sharing, instead put yourself in other peoples shoe and try to understand why they are proceeding with their actions and you will be one step ahead every time. i am simply sharing what happened to me from velocity. If you feel that i am wrong please share your experience but don't attack me for making the claim. If you feel like no one cares about my experience that is fine with me, i am not leaving do.

hume85

Silver

Post by hume85 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:57 am

hondars112 wrote:hume85, there is no reason to go to forums and bash other people for sharing, instead put yourself in other peoples shoe and try to understand why they are proceeding with their actions and you will be one step ahead every time. i am simply sharing what happened to me from velocity. If you feel that i am wrong please share your experience but don't attack me for making the claim. If you feel like no one cares about my experience that is fine with me, i am not leaving do.
I am sorry for being such a dick. But you are beating a dead horse. The problem is not that you are sharing, it's that your criticism is redundant, and you created multiple threads on the same topic. We get it: you feel Velocity screwed you and is a bad prep company. It has been noted.
Last edited by hume85 on Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

BlaqBella

Silver

Post by BlaqBella » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:58 am

Wormfather wrote:
hondars112 wrote:hume85, there is no reason to go to forums and bash other people for sharing, instead put yourself in other peoples shoe and try to understand why they are proceeding with their actions and you will be one step ahead every time. i am simply sharing what happened to me from velocity. If you feel that i am wrong please share your experience but don't attack me for making the claim. If you feel like no one cares about my experience that is fine with me, i am not leaving do.
Basic grammar/English fail.

Did Velocity not help you with your writing sample?
Seriously, WF? You're missing his/her point entirely.

BlaqBella

Silver

Post by BlaqBella » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:16 am

Wormfather wrote:
BlaqBella wrote:
Wormfather wrote:
Basic grammar/English fail.

Did Velocity not help you with your writing sample?
Seriously, WF? You're missing his/her point entirely.
Bella, you only fight Troll with Troll. Hondars doesnt have a point. You've got to turn that empathy meter down a bit. Read through all the posts...does this really sound like a real person with a real beef?
You may be right. I haven't gone through all the posts (uhm, I have more important things to do) but at this point its hard to distinguish real from fake/troll. If this dude was truly a troll, the mods would have already banned him from this site, but he is still around. It appears the mods are also unsure of the validity of Hondar's claims.

I really need to get off TLS. Way too many nonsensical distractions. See ya on the URM forums.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

willwash

Bronze

Post by willwash » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:20 am

OK, in spite of my awareness of the maxim that it is inadvisable to feed the trolls, in the spirit of good will I extend the following explanation to the apparently clueless hondars:

All ad hominems and cruel jokes aside, the reason you have invited such vitriol upon yourself here at TLS is not for your resentment towards Dave Hall or Velocity LSAT. If you've done any research, you know of many TLSers who have serious issues with Dave, his course, and the claims he's made in support of his course. You are certainly not alone there (though I as a self study type couldn't really care less).

The reason you are suffering personal attacks is that every shred of evidence suggests that you created your TLS account for the express purpose of impugning Dave and Velocity. You created a new thread almost every day directed solely towards attacking these targets, a trend made all the more irksome to the rest of us by the fact that your threads almost always gave the initial appearance of attempting to initiate the type of honest, open-ended dialogue between serious law school candidates about prep companies that frequently takes place here on TLS. You would then introduce into these discussions your same grievances again and again in an attempt to discourage others from soliciting the services of Velocity LSAT. This got noticed and pointed out very quickly on these boards, and yet, wash rinse repeat, the next day there you were with a brand new thread attacking Dave. This is just about the precise dictionary definition of trolling, and, as you should be aware, trolls are not treated very kindly on any internet forum.

None of us has any problem with the fact that you dislike Velocity LSAT (not even Dave himself, apparently). We all have our opinions on the relative merits of the products and services put out by the multitude of LSAT prep companies, the wisdom of enrolling in a course versus self study, etc etc. We are even OK with each others' putting those opinions into writing in this forum...ONCE, maybe two or three times depending on the specific circumstances (that's why we're here). This is not what you did. You, a brand new TLS member with no reputation or credibility, emerged from the ether and started posting with no objective in mind other than the relentless and pathetic trolling of your object of enmity.

You've been treated accordingly.

willwash

Bronze

Post by willwash » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:12 pm

Ahh yes, the wonders of a college education. Oh, how often I've lamented that the LSAT writing sample is unscored...

LSAT Hacks (Graeme)

Bronze

Post by LSAT Hacks (Graeme) » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:13 pm

Bella, you only fight Troll with Troll. Hondars doesnt have a point. You've got to turn that empathy meter down a bit. Read through all the posts...does this really sound like a real person with a real beef?
I can confirm, unfortunately, that Hondars112 is a real person, and not just playing a joke on TLS. He signed up for our course at 7Sage, watched 260 videos in a few days, praised us highly in a couple of comments in our course, then promptly about-faced and asked for a refund, saying that he signed up for a Testmasters course as well and was confusing himself by using too many prep methods at once.

From what I could tell, that was shortly before his odd crusade here.

Hondars: give it up. I have no idea what you think Velocity did to you. But the VERY worst thing he could have done was take a few hundred of your dollars. You could have earned more than that money back if you had spent your time working rather than making an unfathomable number of posts here.

Given how much attention this has given Velocity, I kind of wish we had been the ones to piss him off instead. The Hondars discount is brilliant, by the way.

justonemoregame

Silver

Post by justonemoregame » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:17 pm

It seems to me that Hondars is inviting the mistaken belief that the customer is always right.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Miracle

Silver

Re: Velocity Prep course

Post by Miracle » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:30 pm

Wormfather wrote:I went to velocity after it turned out that PowerScore's gimmicks for LG dont really work on test day. Systematic destruction FTW.
They worked for me. Why didn't they work for you?

Miracle

Silver

Re: Velocity Prep course

Post by Miracle » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:38 pm

Wormfather wrote:
Miracle wrote:
Wormfather wrote:I went to velocity after it turned out that PowerScore's gimmicks for LG dont really work on test day. Systematic destruction FTW.
They worked for me. Why didn't they work for you?
Maybe I should have been more descriptive. For people who arent great with making a bunch of inferences it doesnt work. Velocity gives a systematic approach, for people like me that works.
OK. The general consensus on TLS is that Powerscore is the best so I didn't understand how Velocity helped you more especially after knowing that Powerscore worked very well for me. Sorry, but I had to ask the question.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”