How exactly different is Velocity vis-a-vis other companies? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
boblawlob

Silver

How exactly different is Velocity vis-a-vis other companies?

Post by boblawlob » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:06 am

Everyone on TLS seems to be touting Velocity as this magical prep company. What makes it stand out? I mean in general every prep course is the same to me, seemingly.

TyrionLannister

Bronze

Re: How exactly different is Velocity vis-a-vis other companies?

Post by TyrionLannister » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:13 am

boblawlob wrote:Everyone on TLS seems to be touting Velocity as this magical prep company. What makes it stand out? I mean in general every prep course is the same to me, seemingly.
I hear the guy that runs it got like 5 or 6 perfect 180s

jigglebottom

Bronze

Post by jigglebottom » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:43 am

Watch some sample videos of velocity on the website, Dave Hall is a good instructor. My only advice to people looking to go with any prep company is check the shit out, and be mad skeptical of the people whose enthusiasm borders on being a commercial.

That said I'm happy with velocity. LG is top notch. Reading Comprehension techniques are very helpful, and I finally figured out the LR section. I did notice however that video reviews of all the questions from practice test aren't too in depth. As you get better, this wont be an issue because you'll be able to understand why answers are wrong. Early on though I needed a little more clarity. Granted, its not reasonable to expect the guy to go in depth with every practice test problem. HOWEVER if you do need serious clarity early on you should check out 7sage Lsat.

To be honest as I studied more, I learned to be appreciate the concise and simplified approach Velocity propagated, but I remember early on getting frustrated with questions I felt warranted more of an explanation. Luckily I had the 7sage beta account and could get a little more depth. Also there's pages of advice on these blogs, analysis on questions on MLSAT, study guides all up in this bitch. If you got a little organization and will you could do well on your own. If you need structure, go for a class.

My advice. Figgur out ur needz than ajust akordinglee

jigglebottom

Bronze

Post by jigglebottom » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:44 am

TyrionLannister wrote:
boblawlob wrote:Everyone on TLS seems to be touting Velocity as this magical prep company. What makes it stand out? I mean in general every prep course is the same to me, seemingly.
HAHA!... you're doing this here bra?

laxbrah420

Gold

Post by laxbrah420 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:01 am

it's, "brah"

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jigglebottom

Bronze

Post by jigglebottom » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:07 am

laxbrah420 wrote:it's, "brah"
IZ UR NAME APOSTA BE IRONIK BRA?

laxbrah420

Gold

Post by laxbrah420 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:19 am

yes

Noblesse_Oblige

New

Post by Noblesse_Oblige » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:42 am

jigglebottom wrote:
TyrionLannister wrote:
HAHA!... you're doing this here bra?
He has two 180's a 179 and some other high 170's but really, the best part is it is fun, and really tells you what you need to get a 180. Also, his forum is free so if you have questions you can go there for in depth answers (he will make weekly specific videos for his students.

bdeebs

Bronze

Post by bdeebs » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:28 am

jigglebottom wrote: That said I'm happy with velocity. LG is top notch. Reading Comprehension techniques are very helpful, and I finally figured out the LR section. I did notice however that video reviews of all the questions from practice test aren't too in depth. As you get better, this wont be an issue because you'll be able to understand why answers are wrong. Early on though I needed a little more clarity. Granted, its not reasonable to expect the guy to go in depth with every practice test problem. HOWEVER if you do need serious clarity early on you should check out 7sage Lsat.

To be honest as I studied more, I learned to be appreciate the concise and simplified approach Velocity propagated, but I remember early on getting frustrated with questions I felt warranted more of an explanation. Luckily I had the 7sage beta account and could get a little more depth.
My experience exactly.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”