Manhattan LSAT - New Champ Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Manhattan LSAT Noah

Silver

Re: Manhattan LSAT - New Champ

Post by Manhattan LSAT Noah » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:37 pm

d0rklord wrote:
Manhattan LSAT Noah wrote:Someone suggested any additional comments about the difference between the books go here. I actually have not read the PS books, so I can't remark on them (and it'd be a bit of a stretch to say I'm unbiased anyway), but I will say that the about-to-be-released 3rd edition LG guide addresses some of the issues raised in the post above about our book not having a lot of drills. The book is bulking up to 600+ pages, with some extra drills online, so, I'll be interested to hear how folks react when they see it.

If you purchased our LG book recently, be sure to hold on to your receipt (if you didn't get it through our site), as the office usually allows folks that purchased within a couple of months to get a replacement.
I'm making my way through the 3rd edition LG book and I must say...

i REALLY REALLY appreciate the time spent on those PESKY ASS substitution questions! They used to seriously piss me off but now I at least get how to tackle them instead of just blindly using brute force!

Thanks Noah :)
I'm glad that section was helpful. For the record, I am not the only author -- Mike actually wrote that, and I was really blown away by his analysis there. There's an even more detailed version of that on our site for a free in case anyone is interested. Look in our LSAT resources section and you'll see the white paper if you scroll down.

BlaqBella

Silver

Post by BlaqBella » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:45 pm

Noah, do students who subsequently sign up with MLSAT get the 3rd edition to LG and the 2nd edition to LR and RC?

Manhattan LSAT Noah

Silver

Post by Manhattan LSAT Noah » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:57 pm

BlaqBella wrote:Noah, do students who subsequently sign up with MLSAT get the 3rd edition to LG and the 2nd edition to LR and RC?
They get 3rd edition of all of them + all the other books and online stuff we give students

Psib337

Bronze

Post by Psib337 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:36 pm

Is there a difference between the ebook and the physical book? I'm a little on the poor side right now and if I have to retake and register again for the LSAT it's going to kill my wallet and I'd rather spend $9 per book than $38

Manhattan LSAT Noah

Silver

Post by Manhattan LSAT Noah » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:49 pm

Psib337 wrote:Is there a difference between the ebook and the physical book? I'm a little on the poor side right now and if I have to retake and register again for the LSAT it's going to kill my wallet and I'd rather spend $9 per book than $38
The e-boooks of the 3rd edition are not yet ready - they'll be ready within a couple of weeks. The 2nd editions e-books are the same as hard copy. And, other than LG, the 2nd editions are similar to the 3rd (copy editing, new typesetting).

BTW, I find that I learn a lot better with a hard copy -- and I recall reading some research saying that's often the case.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Psib337

Bronze

Post by Psib337 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:55 pm

Manhattan LSAT Noah wrote:
Psib337 wrote:Is there a difference between the ebook and the physical book? I'm a little on the poor side right now and if I have to retake and register again for the LSAT it's going to kill my wallet and I'd rather spend $9 per book than $38
The e-boooks of the 3rd edition are not yet ready - they'll be ready within a couple of weeks. The 2nd editions e-books are the same as hard copy. And, other than LG, the 2nd editions are similar to the 3rd (copy editing, new typesetting).

BTW, I find that I learn a lot better with a hard copy -- and I recall reading some research saying that's often the case.
So do I but I'm really trying to cut back on my spending until all my credit cards are paid off.

Manhattan LSAT Noah

Silver

Post by Manhattan LSAT Noah » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:07 pm

Psib337 wrote:
Manhattan LSAT Noah wrote:

So do I but I'm really trying to cut back on my spending until all my credit cards are paid off.
pm'ed you some love

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”