LSAT Tutor in Pittsburgh Area Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
psm11

Bronze

LSAT Tutor in Pittsburgh Area

Post by psm11 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:14 pm

I took the LSAT in December of 2010 and scored a 150. The only prep I had was a summer Kaplan course and, to be quite honest, I don't feel I put nearly as much effort into my prep as I should have. I went to the prep-classes and took the 5 practice tests and did a minimal amount of practice on my own. The reason I kind of blew everything off was because I was taking 9 credits during the prep-class and 21 during my fall semester--I was completely swamped with undergrad work.

I applied to University of Pittsburgh, Case Western, WVU, Duquesne, and Richmond for Fall 2011 admissions. So far I have been denied at all but Duquesne and Pitt--still in review. I have been reading a lot of articles and threads on these forums about how bad an investment law school can be if you do not go to the right school and I don't want that to happen to me. So, I am seriously considering, even if I am accepted to Pitt and/or Duquesne, to wait a year and take the LSAT this October having given my prep the time and attention it needs.

I have the option of reenrolling in Kaplan again, but to be quite honest I really didn't like how they taught the class--I never really felt as if I truly understood the concepts. I may do it just to have access to the online material the corresponds to the books. I have always been someone who has excelled with difficult material when I have someone to teach it to me on a 1on1 basis.

If anyone who lives in the Pittsburgh area and is willing to tutor me this summer please let me know. I would prefer someone, obviously, that has scored 164+ on the test. Feel free to email me if you are interested my e-mail is psm11@pitt.edu.

Thanks.

quicustodiet

New

Re: LSAT Tutor in Pittsburgh Area

Post by quicustodiet » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:06 pm

Note: This post is for posterity, as this seems to be the only place where Pittsburgh LSAT prep has been discussed on TLS.

I'm a 170s LSAT scorer, T14 law grad with high honors, and (now) practicing lawyer in Pittsburgh with 3+ years of experience in LSAT tutoring and law school admissions consulting. Happy to chat with anyone doing their prep in the Pittsburgh area--even if you don't want tutoring and just have general questions (i.e., what materials can I get for self study? If I know I want to use a prep company, which one is best? etc.). FWIW, my former LSAT students have scored quite well and have gone on to attend numerous T14 law schools (and then on to prestigious law firms / government positions).

mod edit: Email removed. Don't advertise off-site material/emails here. Responding to questions in threads however is allowed and encouraged

Response to mod edit: Apologies, didn't know the 'no email' policy. Feel free to PM me. As I said, I'm happy to offer advice/insight even for those self-studying or taking a commercial LSAT prep course.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”