Reusing PrepTests Will Not Hurt You! Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
tomwatts

Gold

Re: Reusing PrepTests Will Not Hurt You!

Post by tomwatts » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:35 pm

MachineLemon wrote:This gave me a sense of what it was like to "get it." It wasn't only that of course--I kept taking new tests--but just knowing what it felt like to see why an answer had to be credited was very helpful. Developing this intuition ultimately pushed me through to the 175+ zone.
This reminds me of a drill I did/do with students very late in the course. I pull out a logic game and tell them that they have five minutes to do it. At first they panic. Then they start working the game and almost every single one of them knocks it out of the park. It's a really easy game. The next class, I have them do 20 LR arguments in 20 minutes, some of which can be done in a minute each and some of which really can't. My point in both cases is to show them what it feels like to really demolish something and that they can, at this point, do it. It seems to provide a confidence boost and a change of mindset.

The secondary point is to recognize which questions are easy and you'll do in under the average time, and which ones are harder and you really do need to take more time on. A lot of people, late in their studying, are panicking about more or less every question. But they're not all hard. You do know the answers to a good number of them pretty quickly.

But practicing doing well will make you do well more often, and that's the main point.

LSATneurotic

Silver

Re: Reusing PrepTests Will Not Hurt You!

Post by LSATneurotic » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:04 am

Good to know.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”