June 2011 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
citykitty

Bronze

Re: June 2011 Study Group

Post by citykitty » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:35 pm

My test center had signs directing us to one of two rooms based on last name, so I can't speak for the other room, but we had 16 people out of 21 signed up show (I overheard a conversation between the proctors). One guy showed up, but he didn't have his photo. He said "i thought I just needed a photo ID." So, they turned him away. I guess he's writing in October. Sucks.

Hunterrhoid

New

Post by Hunterrhoid » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:42 pm

Feeling good! Perhaps a harbinger of doom, but I feel really good about it. I can identify 3 q's that I figured out afterwards and which I answered incorrectly. Everything else felt so solid.

5 mins review time LR1!!
2 LGs for me - difficulty on the 4th game of both, but I got to it with 15 mins left both times, so I was able to compensate.
5 mins for LR2!!
3 mins for RC (WTF, has never happened)

Hoping to have this posted in my face though when I get my 142 back. Not the only time I've ever felt great after a test, and they haven't always come up roses. But lately, when I've felt like this after, it's been indicative.

Thanks everyone for the encouragement and assistance. I want good things for all of you.

geverett

Bronze

Post by geverett » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:43 pm

mushybrain wrote:Had horrible proctors at NVCC Annandale. Ate individually wrapped candies the whole time, listened to things on their phone that I could hear, talked to each other, flipped through and made comments about the photos on everyone's tickets during the sections, kept going in and out of the room and slamming the door/allowing sounds from outside to enter the room during sections, etc. I didn't finish two sections thanks to their bullshit. I was right in the front row so they were incredibly distracting. I don't know that it's worth it to cancel if most places take the high score anyway. I think I'll be lucky to break 160 and I was testing in the 170 range. I'm so angry, especially because now I have to wait until October to retake when it's not ME that was the problem.
report them to lsac.

geverett

Bronze

Post by geverett » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:45 pm

Hunterrhoid wrote:Feeling good! Perhaps a harbinger of doom, but I feel really good about it. I can identify 3 q's that I figured out afterwards and which I answered incorrectly. Everything else felt so solid.

5 mins review time LR1!!
2 LGs for me - difficulty on the 4th game of both, but I got to it with 15 mins left both times, so I was able to compensate.
5 mins for LR2!!
3 mins for RC (WTF, has never happened)

Hoping to have this posted in my face though when I get my 142 back. Not the only time I've ever felt great after a test, and they haven't always come up roses. But lately, when I've felt like this after, it's been indicative.

Thanks everyone for the encouragement and assistance. I want good things for all of you.
Hunter,
very proud of the hard work you've put in. I hope only the best for you. keep us all updated.

coldshoulder

Silver

Post by coldshoulder » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:45 pm

citykitty wrote:My test center had signs directing us to one of two rooms based on last name, so I can't speak for the other room, but we had 16 people out of 21 signed up show (I overheard a conversation between the proctors). One guy showed up, but he didn't have his photo. He said "i thought I just needed a photo ID." So, they turned him away. I guess he's writing in October. Sucks.
I had over 60 of the 80 signed up in one room. Sucked ass.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mushybrain

Bronze

Post by mushybrain » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:49 pm

I will definitely report them, even though I assume nothing will come of it. They also changed the test room at the last second and I had to run all over campus trying to find the new location, which really pissed me off considering I had been careful to quadruple check for updates to the ticket and there were none. Then after the room change, no one brought the tests over so we had to wait while someone found them. Ugh. I am so frustrated by the whole process and now I dread it happening next time.

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:02 pm

RC sucked....but at least I sat just one spot away from a beautiful girl haha may have caused some distractions for my testing.

Yeags

Bronze

Post by Yeags » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:21 pm

I'm cancelling.

I had LR LG LR LR RC. I felt good about the LR sections but got totally fked by the RC. For LG, I scrambled a bit but ended up figuring everything out in time. During break I was hoping that the LG was the exp so I would get another chance. But nope, the 4th section was my third LR, hopes crushed! The first passage for RC threw me off, I panicked, and had to rush through the rest of the passages with multiple guesses. I consistently scored 175s in the past 2 weeks PT 56-61, but this time I'm not even sure if I got a 170. I'm gonna fax my cancellation request tomorrow.

Here I come, October.

On the other hand, my test center was ideal. Proctors were very professional and let us use the bathroom right before the test officially started. No sniffle fest either. I have only myself to blame lol :(

Bashy

Bronze

Post by Bashy » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:24 pm

Yeags wrote:I'm cancelling.

I had LR LG LR LR RC. I felt good about the LR sections but got totally fked by the RC. For LG, I scrambled a bit but ended up figuring everything out in time. During break I was hoping that the LG was the exp so I would get another chance. But nope, the 4th section was my third LR, hopes crushed! The first passage for RC threw me off, I panicked, and had to rush through the rest of the passages with multiple guesses. I consistently scored 175s in the past 2 weeks PT 56-61, but this time I'm not even sure if I got a 170. I'm gonna fax my cancellation request tomorrow.

Here I come, October.

On the other hand, my test center was ideal. Proctors were very professional and let us use the bathroom right before the test officially started. No sniffle fest either. I have only myself to blame lol :(
Sorry to hear, brother (sister?). Best of luck to you in October.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Yeags

Bronze

Post by Yeags » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:38 pm

aw thanks Bashy, good luck to you with the June score!
Bashy wrote:

Here I come, October.

Sorry to hear, brother (sister?). Best of luck to you in October.

99.9luft

Silver

Post by 99.9luft » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:54 pm

Here I come, October.

Sorry to hear about that. I'm still debating whether to cancel, so please weight in if you'd like: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 6&t=157215

Definitely joining you in the Oct endeavor (i was PTing with -10 as my average).

Eichörnchen

Silver

Post by Eichörnchen » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:56 pm

99, does that mean we will we be seeing you in the Oct thread?

99.9luft

Silver

Post by 99.9luft » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:57 pm

Eichörnchen wrote:99, does that mean we will we be seeing you in the Oct thread?
hell yes :)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Eichörnchen

Silver

Post by Eichörnchen » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:03 am

99.9luft wrote:
Eichörnchen wrote:99, does that mean we will we be seeing you in the Oct thread?
1. Sorry bout that your for sake
2. Yay for us in the Oct thread :)
3. Let's kill it in Oct

soj

Platinum

Post by soj » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:23 am

I guess I'm moving on from this thread to the waiting thread. It's been great studying with you guys! Good luck, and don't be a stranger if we end up at the same school. :D

coldshoulder

Silver

Post by coldshoulder » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:24 am

I'm probably not going to cancel (need to see the score, and I'm aiming for lower t14 so it won't hurt me).
But I'll see you guys in the October thread too lol...

99.9luft

Silver

Post by 99.9luft » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:50 am

Soj congrats, you deserve all the best!

Cold, we will rock Oct! *leaving for the Oct thread*

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

maxpower430

Bronze

Post by maxpower430 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:59 am

congrats everyone (and condolences for the retakes/cancels). i had the lr/lg/lr/lr/rc test and i felt overall very good leaving. the first two lrs were good, same with lg (tho the cars one took forever, hate all those or but not both rules), tho i felt the 2nd lr was definitely tricky (got stuck on a few in the mid teens and had to basically guess on the last parallel q but besides that solid) and reading comp was solid (i didn't think i could hate the awakening more after reading it in hs lol but here we are). i dunno about you guys but i just refuse to read all the threads about the questions, don't want to be any more of a nervous wreck than i already am haha. but thanks to all for the help and motivation and best of luck going forward

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:18 pm

Tried to avoid posting here for the day of the test...haven't read through everyone else's reaction, but here are my thoughts:

I had LR-LG-RC // LR-RC, which sucked BALLS because RC is my worst section and the Exp RC was SO FUCKING EASY ): The LG section was so goddamn easy, which sucks for me because I was hoping for a hard LG and easy RC section (LG is my best section, and harder LG usually = more lenient curve, which helps me out).

RC fuckin' killed me. LR could have gone either way. We'll have to see. I think I'm definitely out of the 175+ range, hoping that the RC didn't push me below a 170. At this point I'll take a lower 170's, I really don't want to retake.

I had a bunch of friends on the forums taking it as well and we reviewed what we could remember of it last night. Seems like RC was tough for everyone.

jim-green

Silver

Post by jim-green » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:26 pm

Eichörnchen wrote:
99.9luft wrote:
1. Sorry bout that your for sake
2. Yay for us in the Oct thread :)
3. Let's kill it in Oct
Joining the Oct 2011 group myself.

comments.expert

New

Post by comments.expert » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:27 pm

There is an orderliness in the universe, there is an unalterable law governing everything and every being that exists or lives. It is no blind law; for no blind law can govern the conduct of living beings.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Eichörnchen

Silver

Post by Eichörnchen » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:38 pm

Um, let this thread rest in peace, k Gandhi?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”