June 2011 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
crislaw

New

Re: June 2011 Study Group

Post by crislaw » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:24 pm

Has anyone purchased any of the day-by-day schedules sold by lsatblog guy steve schwartz? I wish I could preview a few pages before I spend 25 on it. So far I'm using a hybrid of pithypikes guide and lsatblog's five month schedule. Thanks for any input

Bjavadi

New

Post by Bjavadi » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:30 pm

Just checking in. Took the test for the first time in December. I prepped for a little under a month (not procrastination, just that the decision to take the test was a bit of a snap one), and ended up with a 169. I'm not applying until next cycle, and so will be retaking in June to give myself the best possible shot at the HYSCCN.

Here's to June 2011!

TatNurner

Bronze

Post by TatNurner » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:02 am

crislaw wrote:Has anyone purchased any of the day-by-day schedules sold by lsatblog guy steve schwartz? I wish I could preview a few pages before I spend 25 on it. So far I'm using a hybrid of pithypikes guide and lsatblog's five month schedule. Thanks for any input
I bought the four month one yesterday.

It's pretty good, but it's not amazing either. That is, most of you here could make one yourself, with enough effort. It would take quite a bit of effort though. My advice: If you have some spare cash lying around, it's very convenient, but if you are on a tight budget, you won't be too disadvantaged, you just need to sit down and think hard about how you want to attack this thing.

crislaw

New

Post by crislaw » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:19 am

TatNurner wrote:
crislaw wrote:Has anyone purchased any of the day-by-day schedules sold by lsatblog guy steve schwartz? I wish I could preview a few pages before I spend 25 on it. So far I'm using a hybrid of pithypikes guide and lsatblog's five month schedule. Thanks for any input
I bought the four month one yesterday.

It's pretty good, but it's not amazing either. That is, most of you here could make one yourself, with enough effort. It would take quite a bit of effort though. My advice: If you have some spare cash lying around, it's very convenient, but if you are on a tight budget, you won't be too disadvantaged, you just need to sit down and think hard about how you want to attack this thing.
Thanks! I just wish he would offer a preview like they do with books on amazon. I would just like to get a glimpse before I buy it.good luck to you and everyone studying for the June exam!

brickman

Bronze

Post by brickman » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:41 am

Eh, as much as I love LSAT blog, I don't think I'm going to do it. I think I'm just going to take a less formalized approach and kinda do the old school voyager/pithy method.

3 old/ 3 new LG every day, 10 LR problems deep analysis, 1 section RC either taking or review (3 day rotation), and looking at the bibles as necessary in the advised order.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

dextermorgan

Silver

Post by dextermorgan » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:22 am

I'm about to lug all of my prep materials through the snow to work. Nothing like getting paid to prep!

neeko

Silver

Post by neeko » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:22 pm

dextermorgan wrote:I'm about to lug all of my prep materials through the snow to work. Nothing like getting paid to prep!

I am doing the same thing right now, making copies of all the games im going to do today right now.

neeko

Silver

Post by neeko » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:26 pm

How is everyone splitting up how many you do timed/untimed? Are you working on accuracy and then moving on to speed? And what about individual sections/entire tests under those conditions? Also, are you doing PT's before you have finished your books (bibles, atlas, etc) or gauging progress along the way?
Last edited by neeko on Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thouse

New

Post by thouse » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:40 pm

dextermorgan wrote:Checking in.

I was going to take it in Feb, but with working full-time I didn't feel I had enough time to prep. Currently I put in at least two hours every night during the week and 4-5 on Saturdays. I'm working through the Atlas self-study and plan to take all the newer preptests once I've finished the classes/guides.

I also am going through the Atlas self study program. I am going to take a diagnostic tonight to see where I start from, then I will start with the homework and the audio recordings.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dextermorgan

Silver

Post by dextermorgan » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:58 pm

neeko wrote:How is everyone splitting up how many you do timed/untimed? Are you working on accuracy and then moving on to speed? And what about individual sections/entire tests under those conditions? Also, are you doing PT's before you have finished your books (bibles, atlas, etc) or gauging progress along the way?
I'm doing a few PT while I work through the books. Atlas actually has a great spreadsheet that tracks your progress through the use of certain tests. I am only going to do 4-5 while I am working through all the theory though. Once I finish all the classes/books I will start doing exclusively timed tests. Hopefully by that time I will have enough of a base to be accurate anyway.

Just a heads up for anyone looking to do PT in a simulated environment: Atlas has a free online proctor. http://www.manhattanlsat.com/LSAT-proctor.cfm

stlisforlovers

Bronze

Post by stlisforlovers » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:08 pm

I'm going to probably spend the first month working on getting my accuracy back. It's sort of sad that I used to be somewhat of a beast at LG, but when I practiced yesterday, they made me feel like my brain was going to explode. :? Gotta get back on the LSAT horse. Towards the end of the month, I'll probably start doing timed PTs on the weekend.
I know there is a bazillion threads out there on this topic, but I'm curious if anyone ITT has any recommendations on good prep materials for RC? Thanks!

neeko

Silver

Post by neeko » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:21 pm

stlisforlovers wrote:I'm going to probably spend the first month working on getting my accuracy back. It's sort of sad that I used to be somewhat of a beast at LG, but when I practiced yesterday, they made me feel like my brain was going to explode. :? Gotta get back on the LSAT horse. Towards the end of the month, I'll probably start doing timed PTs on the weekend.
I know there is a bazillion threads out there on this topic, but I'm curious if anyone ITT has any recommendations on good prep materials for RC? Thanks!
I went through Cracking the LSAT first while I was waiting for my bibles to get here from amazon, and it was horrendous. The RCB has been pretty good so far, though I am still making stupid mistakes here and there. Someone recommended the Atlas ones, which I got from Amazon for $96 for all 3 of the strategy guides. Mine will be here tomorrow but I have heard good things about it.

dextermorgan

Silver

Post by dextermorgan » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:57 pm

stlisforlovers wrote:I'm going to probably spend the first month working on getting my accuracy back. It's sort of sad that I used to be somewhat of a beast at LG, but when I practiced yesterday, they made me feel like my brain was going to explode. :? Gotta get back on the LSAT horse. Towards the end of the month, I'll probably start doing timed PTs on the weekend.
Just checked your LSN, and I'm amazed you are retaking. You must be a masochist. I actually really like the Atlas RC Guide. I don't think any guide is really going to drastically change your score on RC, but they give a lot of good strategies on attacking the sections and certain kinds of questions.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

pu_golf88

Bronze

Post by pu_golf88 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:04 pm

You guys are making me feel like I'm behind already lol.

thouse

New

Post by thouse » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:07 pm

So how does this thread work? Do we check in daily with what or we did? Do we ask questions here? Or all of the above?

stlisforlovers

Bronze

Post by stlisforlovers » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:19 pm

dextermorgan wrote:
Just checked your LSN, and I'm amazed you are retaking. You must be a masochist. I actually really like the Atlas RC Guide. I don't think any guide is really going to drastically change your score on RC, but they give a lot of good strategies on attacking the sections and certain kinds of questions.
If I had a better GPA, I wouldn't be retaking, but sadly, with my current stats I seem to be locked out of any T20 school. So here's to 170+ this time. (Also, I sorta like studying for the LSAT. Is that weird?)
And, thouse, I think this thread is used for all of the above.
Last edited by stlisforlovers on Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thouse

New

Post by thouse » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:22 pm

Ok, that's good to know that we can bounce ideas off of each other. I have studied on and off for this test before so I think I may skip the diagnostic and just start prepping. The first time I took a prep test I was at 150.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

JG7773

Bronze

Post by JG7773 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:50 pm

Last edited by JG7773 on Sun May 24, 2015 10:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dextermorgan

Silver

Post by dextermorgan » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:54 pm

JG7773 wrote:
stlisforlovers wrote:
dextermorgan wrote:
If I had a better GPA, I wouldn't be retaking, but sadly, with my current stats I seem to be locked out of any T20 school. So here's to 170+ this time. (Also, I sorta like studying for the LSAT. Is that weird?)
And, thouse, I think this thread is used for all of the above.

It could be considered weird anywhere outside of the world to TLS.
Lol. I actually enjoy it too.

oyyyyyy

New

Post by oyyyyyy » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:11 pm

I'm enjoying studying for it too, even though I've only logged about 20 hours so far. I had to make myself put the book down on Saturday because I was afraid I'd stop absorbing properly. I just HATE letting it go until I'm 100% sure I know why I got things wrong and that I could do it right on my own the next time.

Regarding timing, I plan to do all the exercises in the LG and LR Bible untimed. Once those are done, everything else is getting timed. If I feel like I need more technique practice before going timed, I'll use the first 10 prep test book for that.

gamblera

New

Post by gamblera » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:21 pm

hey guys! I am in this group as well.

anyone else following any of the schedules on lsatblog.blogspot.com? I am doing the 2 months schedule, so I can learn as much as I can early on (I have 19 credits next semesters. Finals are going to suck), and then continue taking prep tests after that until june.

GOOD LUCK!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

JG7773

Bronze

Post by JG7773 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:08 pm

Last edited by JG7773 on Sun May 24, 2015 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gamblera

New

Post by gamblera » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:01 pm

check out TLS1776's Thoughts on the LSAT: (http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 2&t=120471)

It is extremely helpful.

dextermorgan

Silver

Post by dextermorgan » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:15 pm

gamblera wrote:check out TLS1776's Thoughts on the LSAT: (http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 2&t=120471)

It is extremely helpful.
Not sure how I missed that one, but it has some great info.

dextermorgan

Silver

Post by dextermorgan » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:29 pm

I hear a lot about flashcards. I know there are some commercially available ones, but for those of you who have made your own what kind of information do you include?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”